|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Boon and Ike make according to Sam's instructions?
(a) A platform.
(b) A hut.
2. What is Ike's profession at this point in time?
3. Who is sent to get a doctor?
(b) Tennie's Jim.
4. For what do the men send Boon to town?
(a) To get more blankets.
(b) To get fresh horses.
(c) To buy food and coffee.
(d) To buy whiskey.
5. Ike's father and uncle were __________.
(a) Nothing alike.
(d) Best of friends.
6. Which of the following is not part of the ledger that Ike reads?
(a) Family lineage.
(b) Slaves' lineage.
(c) Education records.
(d) Land details.
7. Who is the man who sells the whiskey to Boon and Ike?
(a) Mr. Semmes.
(b) Mr. Salisbury.
(c) Mr. Simpson.
(d) Mr. Samuels.
8. Who is the young man who shows up at age 21 looking for his inheritance?
(a) Luke Quincetera.
(b) Lucas Quinn.
(c) Lucas Quintus.
(d) Lucas Quartus.
9. What does Boon want to buy with a dollar?
(a) A knife.
(b) A shirt.
(c) A bath.
(d) A drink.
10. Which of the following does not describe Boon?
(a) The mind of a child.
(b) One quarter Indian.
(c) Hair as blonde as straw.
(d) Six feet four inches tall.
11. What is the name of the sawmill with a commissary?
12. Which of the men jumps on Old Ben and stabs him?
(b) General Compson.
13. Which relative of Ike's was caught having an affair with a black cook?
(a) Uncle Hubert.
(b) Uncle McCaslin.
(c) Uncle Herbert.
(d) Uncle Morty.
14. According to McCaslin, men fought the Civil War because of their love of the land and ______________.
15. Ike thinks God wants man to care for the earth and __________________.
(a) Not own it.
(b) Share it.
(c) Harvest it.
(d) Protect it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is responsible for cooking in the camp?
2. The family ledger itemizes the purchase of ____________.
3. What month is it when Chapter 3 begins?
4. Sam Fathers learned both pride and ______________ in his life.
5. Which person from the past do Ike and McCaslin talk about?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)