|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ledgers of the family indicate business dating back to _________________.
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) The Revolutionary War.
2. The family ledger itemizes the purchase of ____________.
3. Who owned the land that Ike and McCaslin now own?
(a) Their great grandmother.
(b) Their stepfather.
(c) Their grandfather.
(d) Their father.
4. Who is the man who sells the whiskey to Boon and Ike?
(a) Mr. Simpson.
(b) Mr. Salisbury.
(c) Mr. Semmes.
(d) Mr. Samuels.
5. Who is sent to get a doctor?
(d) Tennie's Jim.
6. What is Boon's greatest vice?
7. Ike's father and uncle were __________.
(a) Best of friends.
(d) Nothing alike.
8. Sam Fathers learned both pride and ______________ in his life.
9. Ike thinks God wants man to care for the earth and __________________.
(a) Harvest it.
(b) Share it.
(c) Not own it.
(d) Protect it.
10. In addition to having the ugliest face Ike has ever seen, Boon has no _______________.
11. For what do the men send Boon to town?
(a) To get more blankets.
(b) To buy food and coffee.
(c) To buy whiskey.
(d) To get fresh horses.
12. What does Boon hit when he misses while shooting at a black man?
(a) A black woman.
(b) A child.
(c) A dog.
(d) A horse.
13. How many old bullets do the men find in Old Ben?
14. The ledger notes a legacy to be given to ________________________.
(d) The son of an unmarried slave girl.
15. What does Ike's wife do in order to persuade him to move to the family farm?
(a) Lets him smoke in the house.
(b) Sleeps naked.
(c) Bakes him a pie.
(d) Cooks his favorite meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Boon want to ride to get a doctor after Old Ben is killed?
2. How much money does Ike put into a bank account for Fornsiba?
3. Who is responsible for cooking in the camp?
4. Who is the young man who shows up at age 21 looking for his inheritance?
5. Ike believes he shares the same ancestry with _______________.
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)