|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ike think is the father of the slave girl's child?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His stepfather.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
2. To what city do Ike and Boon catch a train?
(a) St. Louis.
3. Which organization does Ike mention when talking about the South after the Civil War?
(a) The preachers.
(b) The politicians.
(c) The Reconstructionists.
(d) The Ku Klux Klan.
4. What was in the cup that Ike was not allowed to open until he was 21?
(b) Paper clips.
(c) Gold coins.
5. Which relative of Ike's was caught having an affair with a black cook?
(a) Uncle Hubert.
(b) Uncle Herbert.
(c) Uncle McCaslin.
(d) Uncle Morty.
6. What does Mr. Semmes give Boon as a bonus with the whiskey order?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A plug of tobacco.
(c) A keg of beer.
(d) An extra bottle of whiskey.
7. Which of the following does not describe Boon?
(a) One quarter Indian.
(b) Six feet four inches tall.
(c) The mind of a child.
(d) Hair as blonde as straw.
8. Which of the following is not part of the ledger that Ike reads?
(a) Land details.
(b) Slaves' lineage.
(c) Family lineage.
(d) Education records.
9. Why does Ike say that black people will endure?
(a) They are better people than whites.
(b) They have iron clad constitutions.
(c) They have nothing to lose.
(d) They have stronger family ties.
10. What is the amount of the legacy?
11. How many old bullets do the men find in Old Ben?
12. Ike and his uncle moved out of their big house and let ___________ move in.
(a) Other relatives.
13. Sam Fathers learned both pride and ______________ in his life.
14. Both Ike and McCaslin agree that the land is _____________.
15. Who is Ike's cousin and partner now?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the men jumps on Old Ben and stabs him?
2. Who is responsible for cooking in the camp?
3. What did Boon and Ike make according to Sam's instructions?
4. Which of the following does Ike not mention when talking about the future of the South?
5. Why do Boon and Ike miss the first train back?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)