|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ike describes the slaves' inability to _____________ after the Civil War.
(a) Find jobs.
2. Which relative of Ike's was caught having an affair with a black cook?
(a) Uncle Morty.
(b) Uncle Herbert.
(c) Uncle Hubert.
(d) Uncle McCaslin.
3. Who is the young man who shows up at age 21 looking for his inheritance?
(a) Luke Quincetera.
(b) Lucas Quintus.
(c) Lucas Quartus.
(d) Lucas Quinn.
4. For what are the men waiting in camp?
(a) Warmer weather.
(b) Fresh horses.
5. Which of the following does Ike not mention when describing the South?
(b) The cotton industry.
(c) The music.
(d) The history of the natives.
6. What was in the cup that Ike was not allowed to open until he was 21?
(b) Gold coins.
(c) Paper clips.
7. Who is responsible for cooking in the camp?
8. What does Boon hit when he misses while shooting at a black man?
(a) A horse.
(b) A child.
(c) A black woman.
(d) A dog.
9. At what age can the designated person collect the legacy?
10. What month is it when Chapter 3 begins?
11. The ledger notes a legacy to be given to ________________________.
(d) The son of an unmarried slave girl.
12. Who dies at sundown?
(c) Old Ben.
13. The ledgers of the family indicate business dating back to _________________.
(a) The Revolutionary War.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) World War I.
14. Who drives Ike and Boon to the railroad line?
(b) Major deSpain.
(c) General Compson.
15. Who is sent to get a doctor?
(b) Tennie's Jim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person from the past do Ike and McCaslin talk about?
2. Why does Ike say that black people will endure?
3. How did the pony get loose?
4. Which of the men jumps on Old Ben and stabs him?
5. A black man comes to the family farm and declares his intention to marry a black girl named _____________ who lives there.
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)