|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many strangers have shown up in camp to watch the hunt for Old Ben?
2. For what are the men waiting in camp?
(b) Fresh horses.
(d) Warmer weather.
3. Ike's father and uncle were __________.
(b) Nothing alike.
(d) Best of friends.
4. Who is sent to get a doctor?
(c) Tennie's Jim.
5. Ike describes the slaves' inability to _____________ after the Civil War.
(b) Find jobs.
6. What does Ike's wife do in order to persuade him to move to the family farm?
(a) Bakes him a pie.
(b) Lets him smoke in the house.
(c) Sleeps naked.
(d) Cooks his favorite meal.
7. To what city do Ike and Boon catch a train?
(a) St. Louis.
8. Which of the following is not a topic in the poem that McCaslin reads?
9. The family ledger itemizes the purchase of ____________.
10. A black man comes to the family farm and declares his intention to marry a black girl named _____________ who lives there.
11. For what do the men send Boon to town?
(a) To buy whiskey.
(b) To get more blankets.
(c) To get fresh horses.
(d) To buy food and coffee.
12. McCaslin thinks that the men who wrote the Bible were sometimes ____________.
13. In addition to having the ugliest face Ike has ever seen, Boon has no _______________.
14. Which of the following does Sam not do after Old Ben is killed?
(a) Does a native dance.
(b) Mumbles in his native language.
(c) Lies face down in the mud.
(d) Has his eyes wide open.
15. Which organization does Ike mention when talking about the South after the Civil War?
(a) The Ku Klux Klan.
(b) The preachers.
(c) The politicians.
(d) The Reconstructionists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Boon and Ike make according to Sam's instructions?
2. What is an important motif throughout Chapter 4?
3. Which of the following does Ike not notice about Lion?
4. The ledgers of the family indicate business dating back to _________________.
5. Sam Fathers learned both pride and ______________ in his life.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)