|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drives Ike and Boon to the railroad line?
(a) Major deSpain.
(d) General Compson.
2. How much money does Ike put into a bank account for Fornsiba?
3. How many old bullets do the men find in Old Ben?
4. General Compson describes Ike as _______________ due to his life experiences in the wilderness.
(a) A trapper.
(b) An old man.
(c) A nature boy.
(d) A hero.
5. Ike thinks God wants man to care for the earth and __________________.
(a) Not own it.
(b) Share it.
(c) Protect it.
(d) Harvest it.
6. Who goes to town with Boon?
(c) General Compson.
7. What is the name of the sawmill with a commissary?
8. Who is the young man who shows up at age 21 looking for his inheritance?
(a) Lucas Quartus.
(b) Lucas Quinn.
(c) Luke Quincetera.
(d) Lucas Quintus.
9. Why do Boon and Ike miss the first train back?
(a) Boon is drunk.
(b) Boon gets sick.
(c) They want a good dinner and a bath.
(d) They decide to do some sightseeing.
10. For whom does Boon want to ride to get a doctor after Old Ben is killed?
11. Both Ike and McCaslin agree that the land is _____________.
12. Who does Ike think is the father of the slave girl's child?
(a) His stepfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His uncle.
13. According to McCaslin, men fought the Civil War because of their love of the land and ______________.
14. At what age can the designated person collect the legacy?
15. Ike and his uncle moved out of their big house and let ___________ move in.
(a) Other relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ike's father and uncle were __________.
2. Which of the following is not a topic in the poem that McCaslin reads?
3. In addition to having the ugliest face Ike has ever seen, Boon has no _______________.
4. Ike believes he shares the same ancestry with _______________.
5. Ike recalls a time when he bought ______________.
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)