|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Sam not do after Old Ben is killed?
(a) Lies face down in the mud.
(b) Has his eyes wide open.
(c) Does a native dance.
(d) Mumbles in his native language.
2. How do the men find Sam when they return to camp?
(a) Shaking with fever.
(b) Coughing with pneumonia.
(c) Cooking breakfast.
(d) Dead and wrapped in a bundle.
3. Which person from the past do Ike and McCaslin talk about?
(b) Major deSpain.
(c) Sam Fathers.
(d) General Compson.
4. Which of the following does Ike not notice about Lion?
(b) Empty eyes.
5. What does Ike's wife do in order to persuade him to move to the family farm?
(a) Sleeps naked.
(b) Bakes him a pie.
(c) Lets him smoke in the house.
(d) Cooks his favorite meal.
6. Ike describes the slaves' inability to _____________ after the Civil War.
(d) Find jobs.
7. What is the amount of the legacy?
8. Who goes to town with Boon?
(d) General Compson.
9. There were rumors that the slaves _____________________.
(a) Fixed up the big house.
(b) Ran wild in the forest at night.
(c) Held demonic sacrifices.
(d) Held huge parties in the big house.
10. What does Boon want to buy with a dollar?
(a) A drink.
(b) A shirt.
(c) A knife.
(d) A bath.
11. At what age can the designated person collect the legacy?
12. What is Boon's greatest vice?
13. McCaslin thinks that the men who wrote the Bible were sometimes ____________.
14. Which of the following does the doctor not do when he arrives in camp?
(a) Sews up Lion's wounds.
(b) Checks on Sam's condition.
(c) Cleans up Boon's wounds.
(d) Gives Ike a rabies shot.
15. What did Boon and Ike make according to Sam's instructions?
(a) A platform.
(b) A hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Boon's bullet hit the black woman?
2. Who is responsible for cooking in the camp?
3. Sam Fathers learned both pride and ______________ in his life.
4. Which of the following is not a topic in the poem that McCaslin reads?
5. Ike thinks God wants man to care for the earth and __________________.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)