|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ike say that black people will endure?
(a) They have iron clad constitutions.
(b) They have nothing to lose.
(c) They are better people than whites.
(d) They have stronger family ties.
2. Which person from the past do Ike and McCaslin talk about?
(a) Major deSpain.
(b) Sam Fathers.
(c) General Compson.
3. How old is Ike as Chapter 4 begins?
4. A black man comes to the family farm and declares his intention to marry a black girl named _____________ who lives there.
5. What is Boon's greatest vice?
6. Who drives Ike and Boon to the railroad line?
(a) Major deSpain.
(b) General Compson.
7. What does Ike's wife do in order to persuade him to move to the family farm?
(a) Cooks his favorite meal.
(b) Sleeps naked.
(c) Bakes him a pie.
(d) Lets him smoke in the house.
8. Which of the men jumps on Old Ben and stabs him?
(d) General Compson.
9. Who is the man who sells the whiskey to Boon and Ike?
(a) Mr. Salisbury.
(b) Mr. Samuels.
(c) Mr. Simpson.
(d) Mr. Semmes.
10. Where do the men have to follow Old Ben after the dogs find his trail?
(a) Across the river.
(b) Through a meadow.
(c) Up a stream.
(d) Down a mountain.
11. How many old bullets do the men find in Old Ben?
12. What is the name of the sawmill with a commissary?
13. Which of the following is not part of the ledger that Ike reads?
(a) Land details.
(b) Slaves' lineage.
(c) Education records.
(d) Family lineage.
14. What is an important motif throughout Chapter 4?
15. Who was the man who sold the land to grandfather?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Semmes give Boon as a bonus with the whiskey order?
2. What was in the cup that Ike was not allowed to open until he was 21?
3. At what age can the designated person collect the legacy?
4. How did the pony get loose?
5. How many strangers have shown up in camp to watch the hunt for Old Ben?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)