|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Boon want to ride to get a doctor after Old Ben is killed?
2. Who is responsible for cooking in the camp?
3. Ike thinks God wants man to care for the earth and __________________.
(a) Not own it.
(b) Harvest it.
(c) Share it.
(d) Protect it.
4. Which of the following is not a topic in the poem that McCaslin reads?
5. Who is sent to get a doctor?
(c) Tennie's Jim.
6. Who drives Ike and Boon to the railroad line?
(b) General Compson.
(c) Major deSpain.
7. What does McCaslin do when he arrives in camp?
(a) Empties the shells from Boon's gun.
(b) Asks Boon if he killed Sam.
(c) Eats breakfast.
(d) Takes Boon's gun.
8. In addition to having the ugliest face Ike has ever seen, Boon has no _______________.
9. Ike's father and uncle were __________.
(b) Nothing alike.
(c) Best of friends.
10. The family ledger itemizes the purchase of ____________.
11. What does Ike's wife do in order to persuade him to move to the family farm?
(a) Lets him smoke in the house.
(b) Sleeps naked.
(c) Bakes him a pie.
(d) Cooks his favorite meal.
12. General Compson describes Ike as _______________ due to his life experiences in the wilderness.
(a) A nature boy.
(b) A trapper.
(c) A hero.
(d) An old man.
13. For what do the men send Boon to town?
(a) To buy whiskey.
(b) To buy food and coffee.
(c) To get fresh horses.
(d) To get more blankets.
14. Ike and his uncle moved out of their big house and let ___________ move in.
(d) Other relatives.
15. Both Ike and McCaslin agree that the land is _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ledger notes a legacy to be given to ________________________.
2. Who does Ike think is the father of the slave girl's child?
3. How many strangers have shown up in camp to watch the hunt for Old Ben?
4. At what age can the designated person collect the legacy?
5. There were rumors that the slaves _____________________.
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)