|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ledgers of the family indicate business dating back to _________________.
(a) The Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Revolutionary War.
(d) The Great Depression.
2. How much money does Ike put into a bank account for Fornsiba?
3. Sam Fathers learned both pride and ______________ in his life.
4. Who is the young man who shows up at age 21 looking for his inheritance?
(a) Luke Quincetera.
(b) Lucas Quintus.
(c) Lucas Quinn.
(d) Lucas Quartus.
5. Which relative of Ike's was caught having an affair with a black cook?
(a) Uncle McCaslin.
(b) Uncle Herbert.
(c) Uncle Hubert.
(d) Uncle Morty.
6. A black man comes to the family farm and declares his intention to marry a black girl named _____________ who lives there.
7. Ike thinks God wants man to care for the earth and __________________.
(a) Share it.
(b) Protect it.
(c) Not own it.
(d) Harvest it.
8. There were rumors that the slaves _____________________.
(a) Held demonic sacrifices.
(b) Held huge parties in the big house.
(c) Fixed up the big house.
(d) Ran wild in the forest at night.
9. What is the amount of the legacy?
10. Which of the following is not part of the ledger that Ike reads?
(a) Slaves' lineage.
(b) Land details.
(c) Family lineage.
(d) Education records.
11. The doctor thinks that Sam __________________.
(a) Has terminal cancer.
(b) Has diabetes.
(c) Is in a state of shock.
(d) Has had a stroke.
12. Who dies at sundown?
(d) Old Ben.
13. Ike recalls a time when he bought ______________.
(a) A wild pony.
(b) A new suit.
(c) New boots.
(d) A suede hat.
14. Both Ike and McCaslin agree that the land is _____________.
15. For what are the men waiting in camp?
(a) Fresh horses.
(d) Warmer weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an important motif throughout Chapter 4?
2. What does Ike's wife do in order to persuade him to move to the family farm?
3. Where do the men have to follow Old Ben after the dogs find his trail?
4. At what age can the designated person collect the legacy?
5. For what do the men send Boon to town?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)