|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ike and his uncle moved out of their big house and let ___________ move in.
(b) Other relatives.
2. For what do the men send Boon to town?
(a) To get more blankets.
(b) To buy whiskey.
(c) To buy food and coffee.
(d) To get fresh horses.
3. Which of the following does not describe Boon?
(a) Six feet four inches tall.
(b) The mind of a child.
(c) Hair as blonde as straw.
(d) One quarter Indian.
4. What is an important motif throughout Chapter 4?
5. How many old bullets do the men find in Old Ben?
6. Ike thinks God wants man to care for the earth and __________________.
(a) Not own it.
(b) Share it.
(c) Protect it.
(d) Harvest it.
7. For what are the men waiting in camp?
(b) Fresh horses.
(d) Warmer weather.
8. Sam Fathers learned both pride and ______________ in his life.
9. Which of the men jumps on Old Ben and stabs him?
(d) General Compson.
10. What was in the cup that Ike was not allowed to open until he was 21?
(b) Paper clips.
(c) Gold coins.
11. How did the pony get loose?
(a) Old Ben broke down the fence.
(b) Boon let go of the reins.
(c) Boon let him run wild.
(d) Boon left the gate open.
12. Who goes to town with Boon?
(a) General Compson.
13. Ike's father and uncle were __________.
(b) Nothing alike.
(d) Best of friends.
14. What is Boon's greatest vice?
15. Who is sent to get a doctor?
(d) Tennie's Jim.
Short Answer Questions
1. There were rumors that the slaves _____________________.
2. Ike describes the slaves' inability to _____________ after the Civil War.
3. Where do the men have to follow Old Ben after the dogs find his trail?
4. Which relative of Ike's was caught having an affair with a black cook?
5. Both Ike and McCaslin agree that the land is _____________.
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)