|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which organization does Ike mention when talking about the South after the Civil War?
(a) The Reconstructionists.
(b) The preachers.
(c) The politicians.
(d) The Ku Klux Klan.
2. Ike believes that his grandfather who bought the land actually bought nothing because ______________________________.
(a) He never got a deed.
(b) There was an Indian burial ground on it.
(c) It was a battlefield.
(d) The man who sold it never truly owned it.
3. How did the pony get loose?
(a) Old Ben broke down the fence.
(b) Boon let go of the reins.
(c) Boon let him run wild.
(d) Boon left the gate open.
4. The family ledger itemizes the purchase of ____________.
5. What does McCaslin do when he arrives in camp?
(a) Empties the shells from Boon's gun.
(b) Asks Boon if he killed Sam.
(c) Eats breakfast.
(d) Takes Boon's gun.
6. Where does Boon's bullet hit the black woman?
(a) The head.
(b) The arm.
(c) The shoulder.
(d) The leg.
7. Who owned the land that Ike and McCaslin now own?
(a) Their father.
(b) Their stepfather.
(c) Their great grandmother.
(d) Their grandfather.
8. Which of the following is not a topic in the poem that McCaslin reads?
9. Where does Boon stab Old Ben?
(a) In the throat.
(b) In the eye.
(c) In the chest.
(d) In the belly.
10. Who is the man who sells the whiskey to Boon and Ike?
(a) Mr. Simpson.
(b) Mr. Semmes.
(c) Mr. Samuels.
(d) Mr. Salisbury.
11. What does Mr. Semmes give Boon as a bonus with the whiskey order?
(a) A plug of tobacco.
(b) An extra bottle of whiskey.
(c) A keg of beer.
(d) A pistol.
12. For what are the men waiting in camp?
(a) Warmer weather.
(b) Fresh horses.
13. A black man comes to the family farm and declares his intention to marry a black girl named _____________ who lives there.
14. For what do the men send Boon to town?
(a) To get fresh horses.
(b) To buy whiskey.
(c) To buy food and coffee.
(d) To get more blankets.
15. What is Boon's greatest vice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to town with Boon?
2. What is the amount of the legacy?
3. Ike thinks God wants man to care for the earth and __________________.
4. Which of the following does Ike not mention when describing the South?
5. What is an important motif throughout Chapter 4?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)