|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ike's wife do in order to persuade him to move to the family farm?
(a) Cooks his favorite meal.
(b) Sleeps naked.
(c) Lets him smoke in the house.
(d) Bakes him a pie.
2. Ike describes the slaves' inability to _____________ after the Civil War.
(b) Find jobs.
3. Which of the following is not a topic in the poem that McCaslin reads?
4. What does Mr. Semmes give Boon as a bonus with the whiskey order?
(a) An extra bottle of whiskey.
(b) A keg of beer.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A plug of tobacco.
5. For what do the men send Boon to town?
(a) To buy food and coffee.
(b) To buy whiskey.
(c) To get fresh horses.
(d) To get more blankets.
6. Who dies at sundown?
(c) Old Ben.
7. Where do the men have to follow Old Ben after the dogs find his trail?
(a) Up a stream.
(b) Across the river.
(c) Through a meadow.
(d) Down a mountain.
8. What is Ike's profession at this point in time?
9. McCaslin thinks that the men who wrote the Bible were sometimes ____________.
10. Why do Boon and Ike miss the first train back?
(a) They want a good dinner and a bath.
(b) Boon gets sick.
(c) They decide to do some sightseeing.
(d) Boon is drunk.
11. Why does Ike say that black people will endure?
(a) They have stronger family ties.
(b) They have nothing to lose.
(c) They are better people than whites.
(d) They have iron clad constitutions.
12. Ike recalls a time when he bought ______________.
(a) A new suit.
(b) A suede hat.
(c) A wild pony.
(d) New boots.
13. To what city do Ike and Boon catch a train?
(b) St. Louis.
14. Ike and his uncle moved out of their big house and let ___________ move in.
(d) Other relatives.
15. Where does Boon stab Old Ben?
(a) In the eye.
(b) In the chest.
(c) In the throat.
(d) In the belly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Both Ike and McCaslin agree that the land is _____________.
2. There were rumors that the slaves _____________________.
3. Which of the following does Sam not do after Old Ben is killed?
4. At what age can the designated person collect the legacy?
5. Who is the man who sells the whiskey to Boon and Ike?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)