|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ike's father and uncle were __________.
(b) Nothing alike.
(d) Best of friends.
2. Which person from the past do Ike and McCaslin talk about?
(a) Major deSpain.
(c) General Compson.
(d) Sam Fathers.
3. The ledgers of the family indicate business dating back to _________________.
(a) World War I.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) The Revolutionary War.
(d) The Civil War.
4. The ledger notes a legacy to be given to ________________________.
(c) The son of an unmarried slave girl.
5. Who dies at sundown?
(c) Old Ben.
6. Why do Boon and Ike miss the first train back?
(a) Boon is drunk.
(b) They want a good dinner and a bath.
(c) They decide to do some sightseeing.
(d) Boon gets sick.
7. Where does Boon's bullet hit the black woman?
(a) The shoulder.
(b) The head.
(c) The arm.
(d) The leg.
8. Ike believes that his grandfather who bought the land actually bought nothing because ______________________________.
(a) There was an Indian burial ground on it.
(b) He never got a deed.
(c) It was a battlefield.
(d) The man who sold it never truly owned it.
9. The doctor thinks that Sam __________________.
(a) Has terminal cancer.
(b) Has diabetes.
(c) Has had a stroke.
(d) Is in a state of shock.
10. Which of the following does the doctor not do when he arrives in camp?
(a) Gives Ike a rabies shot.
(b) Cleans up Boon's wounds.
(c) Checks on Sam's condition.
(d) Sews up Lion's wounds.
11. Sam Fathers learned both pride and ______________ in his life.
12. What did Boon and Ike make according to Sam's instructions?
(a) A platform.
(d) A hut.
13. What was in the cup that Ike was not allowed to open until he was 21?
(a) Gold coins.
(c) Paper clips.
14. Which of the men jumps on Old Ben and stabs him?
(d) General Compson.
15. What is an important motif throughout Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Both Ike and McCaslin agree that the land is _____________.
2. To what city do Ike and Boon catch a train?
3. What is Ike's profession at this point in time?
4. Which organization does Ike mention when talking about the South after the Civil War?
5. What does Boon want to buy with a dollar?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)