|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ike thinks God wants man to care for the earth and __________________.
(a) Harvest it.
(b) Share it.
(c) Protect it.
(d) Not own it.
2. Ike believes he shares the same ancestry with _______________.
(a) The slaves.
(b) The farm animals.
(c) His no-good cousins.
(d) His stepmother
3. Who is responsible for cooking in the camp?
4. The family ledger itemizes the purchase of ____________.
5. In addition to having the ugliest face Ike has ever seen, Boon has no _______________.
6. There were rumors that the slaves _____________________.
(a) Fixed up the big house.
(b) Ran wild in the forest at night.
(c) Held huge parties in the big house.
(d) Held demonic sacrifices.
7. What is Boon's greatest vice?
8. Which of the following does not describe Boon?
(a) The mind of a child.
(b) Six feet four inches tall.
(c) One quarter Indian.
(d) Hair as blonde as straw.
9. The ledgers of the family indicate business dating back to _________________.
(a) The Revolutionary War.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Great Depression.
10. Ike describes the slaves' inability to _____________ after the Civil War.
(a) Find jobs.
11. At what age can the designated person collect the legacy?
12. Which of the following is not a topic in the poem that McCaslin reads?
13. For what do the men send Boon to town?
(a) To get fresh horses.
(b) To get more blankets.
(c) To buy food and coffee.
(d) To buy whiskey.
14. Which organization does Ike mention when talking about the South after the Civil War?
(a) The preachers.
(b) The politicians.
(c) The Reconstructionists.
(d) The Ku Klux Klan.
15. What does McCaslin do when he arrives in camp?
(a) Takes Boon's gun.
(b) Asks Boon if he killed Sam.
(c) Empties the shells from Boon's gun.
(d) Eats breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Ike not notice about Lion?
2. Which of the following does Sam not do after Old Ben is killed?
3. How did the pony get loose?
4. What does Ike's wife do in order to persuade him to move to the family farm?
5. McCaslin thinks that the men who wrote the Bible were sometimes ____________.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)