|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age can the designated person collect the legacy?
2. The doctor thinks that Sam __________________.
(a) Has had a stroke.
(b) Has terminal cancer.
(c) Has diabetes.
(d) Is in a state of shock.
3. Ike recalls a time when he bought ______________.
(a) New boots.
(b) A suede hat.
(c) A wild pony.
(d) A new suit.
4. McCaslin thinks that the men who wrote the Bible were sometimes ____________.
5. How much money does Ike put into a bank account for Fornsiba?
6. Where does Boon stab Old Ben?
(a) In the chest.
(b) In the throat.
(c) In the belly.
(d) In the eye.
7. Which of the following does Ike not mention when describing the South?
(a) The music.
(c) The history of the natives.
(d) The cotton industry.
8. Where do the men have to follow Old Ben after the dogs find his trail?
(a) Through a meadow.
(b) Up a stream.
(c) Down a mountain.
(d) Across the river.
9. The ledgers of the family indicate business dating back to _________________.
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Revolutionary War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Great Depression.
10. How many old bullets do the men find in Old Ben?
11. For what do the men send Boon to town?
(a) To get fresh horses.
(b) To get more blankets.
(c) To buy whiskey.
(d) To buy food and coffee.
12. Sam Fathers learned both pride and ______________ in his life.
13. Which organization does Ike mention when talking about the South after the Civil War?
(a) The preachers.
(b) The politicians.
(c) The Ku Klux Klan.
(d) The Reconstructionists.
14. Who is sent to get a doctor?
(a) Tennie's Jim.
15. How old is Ike as Chapter 4 begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the pony get loose?
2. Both Ike and McCaslin agree that the land is _____________.
3. Ike thinks God wants man to care for the earth and __________________.
4. Who drives Ike and Boon to the railroad line?
5. The ledger notes a legacy to be given to ________________________.
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)