|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Ike not mention when talking about the future of the South?
(a) The next generation.
(b) A third race.
(c) The waterways.
(d) The Ku Klux Klan.
2. Which of the following does Ike not mention when describing the South?
(b) The history of the natives.
(c) The music.
(d) The cotton industry.
3. Where does Boon's bullet hit the black woman?
(a) The head.
(b) The shoulder.
(c) The leg.
(d) The arm.
4. What is the amount of the legacy?
5. What has happened to several of the dogs other than Lion on the hunting trips?
(a) They died of old age.
(b) They have been killed by Old Ben.
(c) They just ran away and never came back.
(d) They were attacked by panthers.
6. Where do the men have to follow Old Ben after the dogs find his trail?
(a) Down a mountain.
(b) Through a meadow.
(c) Up a stream.
(d) Across the river.
7. Both Ike and McCaslin agree that the land is _____________.
8. Who is sent to get a doctor?
(b) Tennie's Jim.
9. How much money does Ike put into a bank account for Fornsiba?
10. A black man comes to the family farm and declares his intention to marry a black girl named _____________ who lives there.
11. Which of the following is not part of the ledger that Ike reads?
(a) Education records.
(b) Family lineage.
(c) Land details.
(d) Slaves' lineage.
12. How many old bullets do the men find in Old Ben?
13. For what do the men send Boon to town?
(a) To buy whiskey.
(b) To get fresh horses.
(c) To get more blankets.
(d) To buy food and coffee.
14. Who does Ike think is the father of the slave girl's child?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His stepfather.
(d) His father.
15. Why do Boon and Ike miss the first train back?
(a) They decide to do some sightseeing.
(b) Boon gets sick.
(c) They want a good dinner and a bath.
(d) Boon is drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city do Ike and Boon catch a train?
2. How did the pony get loose?
3. Ike believes that his grandfather who bought the land actually bought nothing because ______________________________.
4. There were rumors that the slaves _____________________.
5. Who owned the land that Ike and McCaslin now own?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)