|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ike thinks God wants man to care for the earth and __________________.
(a) Protect it.
(b) Not own it.
(c) Harvest it.
(d) Share it.
2. A black man comes to the family farm and declares his intention to marry a black girl named _____________ who lives there.
3. The doctor thinks that Sam __________________.
(a) Is in a state of shock.
(b) Has had a stroke.
(c) Has terminal cancer.
(d) Has diabetes.
4. What does Mr. Semmes give Boon as a bonus with the whiskey order?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A keg of beer.
(c) An extra bottle of whiskey.
(d) A plug of tobacco.
5. According to McCaslin, men fought the Civil War because of their love of the land and ______________.
6. The ledgers of the family indicate business dating back to _________________.
(a) The Civil War.
(b) The Revolutionary War.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) World War I.
7. Sam Fathers learned both pride and ______________ in his life.
8. What is an important motif throughout Chapter 4?
9. Which of the following does Ike not mention when talking about the future of the South?
(a) The Ku Klux Klan.
(b) A third race.
(c) The next generation.
(d) The waterways.
10. How do the men find Sam when they return to camp?
(a) Coughing with pneumonia.
(b) Shaking with fever.
(c) Dead and wrapped in a bundle.
(d) Cooking breakfast.
11. Who is Ike's cousin and partner now?
12. What has happened to several of the dogs other than Lion on the hunting trips?
(a) They have been killed by Old Ben.
(b) They were attacked by panthers.
(c) They died of old age.
(d) They just ran away and never came back.
13. Who is the man who sells the whiskey to Boon and Ike?
(a) Mr. Semmes.
(b) Mr. Salisbury.
(c) Mr. Samuels.
(d) Mr. Simpson.
14. What month is it when Chapter 3 begins?
15. Which person from the past do Ike and McCaslin talk about?
(a) General Compson.
(c) Sam Fathers.
(d) Major deSpain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which organization does Ike mention when talking about the South after the Civil War?
2. The ledger notes a legacy to be given to ________________________.
3. Who dies at sundown?
4. Which relative of Ike's was caught having an affair with a black cook?
5. For what are the men waiting in camp?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)