|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men find Sam when they return to camp?
(a) Dead and wrapped in a bundle.
(b) Cooking breakfast.
(c) Shaking with fever.
(d) Coughing with pneumonia.
2. Ike believes that his grandfather who bought the land actually bought nothing because ______________________________.
(a) The man who sold it never truly owned it.
(b) It was a battlefield.
(c) He never got a deed.
(d) There was an Indian burial ground on it.
3. Ike's father and uncle were __________.
(a) Best of friends.
(c) Nothing alike.
4. What is Ike's profession at this point in time?
5. Who was the man who sold the land to grandfather?
6. Which relative of Ike's was caught having an affair with a black cook?
(a) Uncle Hubert.
(b) Uncle Herbert.
(c) Uncle Morty.
(d) Uncle McCaslin.
7. What does McCaslin do when he arrives in camp?
(a) Takes Boon's gun.
(b) Empties the shells from Boon's gun.
(c) Eats breakfast.
(d) Asks Boon if he killed Sam.
8. Who is responsible for cooking in the camp?
9. Which of the following does not describe Boon?
(a) Six feet four inches tall.
(b) Hair as blonde as straw.
(c) One quarter Indian.
(d) The mind of a child.
10. What does Ike's wife do in order to persuade him to move to the family farm?
(a) Bakes him a pie.
(b) Sleeps naked.
(c) Cooks his favorite meal.
(d) Lets him smoke in the house.
11. According to McCaslin, men fought the Civil War because of their love of the land and ______________.
12. How old is Ike as Chapter 4 begins?
13. What was in the cup that Ike was not allowed to open until he was 21?
(b) Gold coins.
(c) Paper clips.
14. Which of the following does Ike not mention when talking about the future of the South?
(a) The next generation.
(b) The Ku Klux Klan.
(c) The waterways.
(d) A third race.
15. Which of the following does Ike not mention when describing the South?
(a) The cotton industry.
(c) The history of the natives.
(d) The music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Boon stab Old Ben?
2. Who drives Ike and Boon to the railroad line?
3. Which of the following does the doctor not do when he arrives in camp?
4. How many strangers have shown up in camp to watch the hunt for Old Ben?
5. What is Boon's greatest vice?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)