|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a topic in the poem that McCaslin reads?
2. What is an important motif throughout Chapter 4?
3. For what do the men send Boon to town?
(a) To get more blankets.
(b) To get fresh horses.
(c) To buy food and coffee.
(d) To buy whiskey.
4. There were rumors that the slaves _____________________.
(a) Fixed up the big house.
(b) Held huge parties in the big house.
(c) Held demonic sacrifices.
(d) Ran wild in the forest at night.
5. Which relative of Ike's was caught having an affair with a black cook?
(a) Uncle Morty.
(b) Uncle Hubert.
(c) Uncle Herbert.
(d) Uncle McCaslin.
6. What is the amount of the legacy?
7. The doctor thinks that Sam __________________.
(a) Has terminal cancer.
(b) Is in a state of shock.
(c) Has diabetes.
(d) Has had a stroke.
8. How did the pony get loose?
(a) Boon let him run wild.
(b) Boon let go of the reins.
(c) Boon left the gate open.
(d) Old Ben broke down the fence.
9. For whom does Boon want to ride to get a doctor after Old Ben is killed?
10. What is the name of the sawmill with a commissary?
11. At what age can the designated person collect the legacy?
12. Which of the following does not describe Boon?
(a) Six feet four inches tall.
(b) One quarter Indian.
(c) The mind of a child.
(d) Hair as blonde as straw.
13. Who does Ike think is the father of the slave girl's child?
(a) His stepfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His uncle.
14. Who is sent to get a doctor?
(a) Tennie's Jim.
15. Ike believes he shares the same ancestry with _______________.
(a) The farm animals.
(b) His stepmother
(c) His no-good cousins.
(d) The slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ike and his uncle moved out of their big house and let ___________ move in.
2. Which of the following does Ike not mention when talking about the future of the South?
3. What does Ike's wife do in order to persuade him to move to the family farm?
4. Who is responsible for cooking in the camp?
5. Why do Boon and Ike miss the first train back?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)