|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ike's cousin and partner now?
2. How old is Ike as Chapter 4 begins?
3. Sam Fathers learned both pride and ______________ in his life.
4. What month is it when Chapter 3 begins?
5. Which person from the past do Ike and McCaslin talk about?
(a) Sam Fathers.
(b) Major deSpain.
(c) General Compson.
6. Ike's father and uncle were __________.
(b) Nothing alike.
(d) Best of friends.
7. Which of the following does the doctor not do when he arrives in camp?
(a) Cleans up Boon's wounds.
(b) Checks on Sam's condition.
(c) Sews up Lion's wounds.
(d) Gives Ike a rabies shot.
8. Ike believes he shares the same ancestry with _______________.
(a) The slaves.
(b) His no-good cousins.
(c) His stepmother
(d) The farm animals.
9. How many old bullets do the men find in Old Ben?
10. Who does Ike think is the father of the slave girl's child?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His stepfather.
11. Who drives Ike and Boon to the railroad line?
(a) Major deSpain.
(b) General Compson.
12. According to McCaslin, men fought the Civil War because of their love of the land and ______________.
13. What does Boon want to buy with a dollar?
(a) A bath.
(b) A drink.
(c) A shirt.
(d) A knife.
14. What is the name of the sawmill with a commissary?
15. Where does Boon's bullet hit the black woman?
(a) The shoulder.
(b) The leg.
(c) The arm.
(d) The head.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ike describes the slaves' inability to _____________ after the Civil War.
2. Who goes to town with Boon?
3. How did the pony get loose?
4. Which of the following is not a topic in the poem that McCaslin reads?
5. Who is sent to get a doctor?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)