|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Sam not do after Old Ben is killed?
(a) Lies face down in the mud.
(b) Mumbles in his native language.
(c) Has his eyes wide open.
(d) Does a native dance.
2. For what do the men send Boon to town?
(a) To get fresh horses.
(b) To buy food and coffee.
(c) To get more blankets.
(d) To buy whiskey.
3. The doctor thinks that Sam __________________.
(a) Is in a state of shock.
(b) Has terminal cancer.
(c) Has diabetes.
(d) Has had a stroke.
4. Which relative of Ike's was caught having an affair with a black cook?
(a) Uncle Hubert.
(b) Uncle Herbert.
(c) Uncle Morty.
(d) Uncle McCaslin.
5. Why does Ike say that black people will endure?
(a) They have stronger family ties.
(b) They are better people than whites.
(c) They have nothing to lose.
(d) They have iron clad constitutions.
6. How did the pony get loose?
(a) Boon left the gate open.
(b) Old Ben broke down the fence.
(c) Boon let go of the reins.
(d) Boon let him run wild.
7. For whom does Boon want to ride to get a doctor after Old Ben is killed?
8. Which of the following is not part of the ledger that Ike reads?
(a) Education records.
(b) Land details.
(c) Family lineage.
(d) Slaves' lineage.
9. Who goes to town with Boon?
(d) General Compson.
10. Where do the men have to follow Old Ben after the dogs find his trail?
(a) Down a mountain.
(b) Through a meadow.
(c) Across the river.
(d) Up a stream.
11. How many old bullets do the men find in Old Ben?
12. In addition to having the ugliest face Ike has ever seen, Boon has no _______________.
13. Ike and his uncle moved out of their big house and let ___________ move in.
(d) Other relatives.
14. Who drives Ike and Boon to the railroad line?
(b) General Compson.
(c) Major deSpain.
15. Who is the young man who shows up at age 21 looking for his inheritance?
(a) Luke Quincetera.
(b) Lucas Quinn.
(c) Lucas Quartus.
(d) Lucas Quintus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in the cup that Ike was not allowed to open until he was 21?
2. Who dies at sundown?
3. Why do Boon and Ike miss the first train back?
4. Who owned the land that Ike and McCaslin now own?
5. What month is it when Chapter 3 begins?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)