|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ike believes he shares the same ancestry with _______________.
(a) The slaves.
(b) The farm animals.
(c) His no-good cousins.
(d) His stepmother
2. Who owned the land that Ike and McCaslin now own?
(a) Their stepfather.
(b) Their grandfather.
(c) Their father.
(d) Their great grandmother.
3. Where does Boon's bullet hit the black woman?
(a) The head.
(b) The leg.
(c) The arm.
(d) The shoulder.
4. To what city do Ike and Boon catch a train?
(b) St. Louis.
5. Ike and his uncle moved out of their big house and let ___________ move in.
(c) Other relatives.
6. Who is responsible for cooking in the camp?
7. How old is Ike as Chapter 4 begins?
8. How many old bullets do the men find in Old Ben?
9. Ike's father and uncle were __________.
(b) Best of friends.
(c) Nothing alike.
10. How much money does Ike put into a bank account for Fornsiba?
11. Which of the men jumps on Old Ben and stabs him?
(b) General Compson.
12. There were rumors that the slaves _____________________.
(a) Held demonic sacrifices.
(b) Fixed up the big house.
(c) Ran wild in the forest at night.
(d) Held huge parties in the big house.
13. Which of the following is not a topic in the poem that McCaslin reads?
14. What is the amount of the legacy?
15. What does McCaslin do when he arrives in camp?
(a) Empties the shells from Boon's gun.
(b) Eats breakfast.
(c) Asks Boon if he killed Sam.
(d) Takes Boon's gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do the men send Boon to town?
2. McCaslin thinks that the men who wrote the Bible were sometimes ____________.
3. Ike recalls a time when he bought ______________.
4. Where do the men have to follow Old Ben after the dogs find his trail?
5. What is Boon's greatest vice?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)