|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ledger notes a legacy to be given to ________________________.
(c) The son of an unmarried slave girl.
2. McCaslin thinks that the men who wrote the Bible were sometimes ____________.
3. According to McCaslin, men fought the Civil War because of their love of the land and ______________.
4. Ike recalls a time when he bought ______________.
(a) A new suit.
(b) New boots.
(c) A wild pony.
(d) A suede hat.
5. What does Mr. Semmes give Boon as a bonus with the whiskey order?
(a) A plug of tobacco.
(b) An extra bottle of whiskey.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A keg of beer.
6. Which person from the past do Ike and McCaslin talk about?
(a) General Compson.
(b) Sam Fathers.
(d) Major deSpain.
7. Why do Boon and Ike miss the first train back?
(a) They decide to do some sightseeing.
(b) Boon is drunk.
(c) They want a good dinner and a bath.
(d) Boon gets sick.
8. Which of the following does the doctor not do when he arrives in camp?
(a) Sews up Lion's wounds.
(b) Checks on Sam's condition.
(c) Gives Ike a rabies shot.
(d) Cleans up Boon's wounds.
9. Where does Boon stab Old Ben?
(a) In the throat.
(b) In the belly.
(c) In the eye.
(d) In the chest.
10. What is Ike's profession at this point in time?
11. Which of the following does Ike not mention when talking about the future of the South?
(a) The Ku Klux Klan.
(b) The next generation.
(c) A third race.
(d) The waterways.
12. For what are the men waiting in camp?
(b) Warmer weather.
(c) Fresh horses.
13. Which of the following does Ike not notice about Lion?
(a) Empty eyes.
14. In addition to having the ugliest face Ike has ever seen, Boon has no _______________.
15. A black man comes to the family farm and declares his intention to marry a black girl named _____________ who lives there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which organization does Ike mention when talking about the South after the Civil War?
2. Who is the man who sells the whiskey to Boon and Ike?
3. What month is it when Chapter 3 begins?
4. Where does Boon's bullet hit the black woman?
5. What is the amount of the legacy?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)