|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ike believes that his grandfather who bought the land actually bought nothing because ______________________________.
(a) It was a battlefield.
(b) The man who sold it never truly owned it.
(c) There was an Indian burial ground on it.
(d) He never got a deed.
2. Which organization does Ike mention when talking about the South after the Civil War?
(a) The politicians.
(b) The preachers.
(c) The Ku Klux Klan.
(d) The Reconstructionists.
3. How did the pony get loose?
(a) Boon let him run wild.
(b) Old Ben broke down the fence.
(c) Boon let go of the reins.
(d) Boon left the gate open.
4. How do the men find Sam when they return to camp?
(a) Cooking breakfast.
(b) Shaking with fever.
(c) Dead and wrapped in a bundle.
(d) Coughing with pneumonia.
5. Which of the following does Ike not notice about Lion?
(a) Empty eyes.
6. Which of the men jumps on Old Ben and stabs him?
(a) General Compson.
7. What does Ike's wife do in order to persuade him to move to the family farm?
(a) Sleeps naked.
(b) Bakes him a pie.
(c) Lets him smoke in the house.
(d) Cooks his favorite meal.
8. What does Boon hit when he misses while shooting at a black man?
(a) A black woman.
(b) A child.
(c) A horse.
(d) A dog.
9. Who is Ike's cousin and partner now?
10. Which of the following does the doctor not do when he arrives in camp?
(a) Checks on Sam's condition.
(b) Gives Ike a rabies shot.
(c) Sews up Lion's wounds.
(d) Cleans up Boon's wounds.
11. How many old bullets do the men find in Old Ben?
12. Which of the following does Ike not mention when talking about the future of the South?
(a) The next generation.
(b) The waterways.
(c) The Ku Klux Klan.
(d) A third race.
13. How many strangers have shown up in camp to watch the hunt for Old Ben?
14. Who was the man who sold the land to grandfather?
15. How much money does Ike put into a bank account for Fornsiba?
Short Answer Questions
1. The ledger notes a legacy to be given to ________________________.
2. Which of the following is not part of the ledger that Ike reads?
3. McCaslin thinks that the men who wrote the Bible were sometimes ____________.
4. Ike recalls a time when he bought ______________.
5. At what age can the designated person collect the legacy?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)