|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What behavior does the dog exhibit?
(a) Never stops growling.
(b) Chews chair legs.
(c) Throws himself against the door repeatedly.
(d) Paces all day and night.
2. Why does the group return to camp the following summer?
(a) To build a cabin.
(b) To have a memorial for Ash.
(c) To celebrate birthdays.
(d) To go fishing.
3. What is one of the reasons Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
(a) He had no more family still alive.
(b) He was just too tired all the time.
(c) He was really sick.
(d) He was sad about the state of the world.
4. What does Ike take in place of his gun when he returns to look for Old Ben?
(a) A sword.
(b) A stick.
(c) A rope.
(d) A knife.
5. What color eyes does the dog have?
6. Why does Old Ben run the other bears off?
(a) He is the head bear.
(b) He is hungry.
(c) He is so huge.
(d) He is always angry.
7. What has Ike killed?
(a) Many birds.
(b) A doe.
(c) A buck.
(d) Many rabbits.
8. The opening line of Chapter 2 is "So he should have hated and feared _____________."
(a) His father.
9. How old is the narrator when he goes on his first hunting trip?
10. How old is Buck in Ike in Chapter 2?
11. What is the name of the dog Sam is training?
12. Who does Ike think is watching him in the woods?
(b) Old Ben.
(c) An Indian.
(d) An escaped slave.
13. What is the dog doing in Sam's hut?
(b) Bashing himself against the door.
(d) Lying in front of a fire.
14. How old is the narrator of the story?
15. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
(a) A better rifle.
(b) An Indian tracker.
(c) Better instincts.
(d) The right dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
2. The wild dog is part mastiff and part _____________.
3. What does General Compson say happened to the colt?
4. Which of the following does not go on the narrator's first hunting trip?
5. Sam's plan is to alternate feeding and starving the dog until ____________________.
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)