|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what has Ike become familiar during his time as a woodsman?
(a) Indian trackers.
(b) Runaway slaves.
(c) Bear prints.
2. What does Ike take in place of his gun when he returns to look for Old Ben?
(a) A stick.
(b) A sword.
(c) A knife.
(d) A rope.
3. Who does Ike think is watching him in the woods?
(a) Old Ben.
(b) An Indian.
(c) An escaped slave.
4. How old is Buck in Ike in Chapter 2?
5. Who shows up at camp to take Ike home?
6. How old is the narrator when he goes on his first hunting trip?
7. Ike notices that the dogs on the hunt can't find _____________.
(a) Their way home.
(b) The trail.
(d) Their tails.
8. The following November, who shoots at Old Ben and draws blood?
(b) Major deSpain.
(d) General Compson.
9. What is missing from camp when Ike is 14?
(c) A gun.
(d) A colt.
10. The opening line of Chapter 2 is "So he should have hated and feared _____________."
(d) His father.
11. Ike decides to dedicate his life to the wilderness to learn patience and ______________.
12. Where does Major deSpain want to make Lion sleep?
(a) In a hut.
(b) In a wagon.
(c) With the other dogs.
(d) Chained up to a tree.
13. Sam says that Lion does not care for ________________-.
14. What behavior does the dog exhibit?
(a) Paces all day and night.
(b) Chews chair legs.
(c) Never stops growling.
(d) Throws himself against the door repeatedly.
15. What is the bear's name in THE BEAR?
(a) Old Ben.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mentor to the narrator?
2. The wild dog is part mastiff and part _____________.
3. What does Ike say is present on all the hunting trips?
4. To what does Ike compare his first hunting trip?
5. Ike feels that Sam is a _____________.
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)