|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
(a) He was just too tired all the time.
(b) He was sad about the state of the world.
(c) He was really sick.
(d) He had no more family still alive.
2. Who does Ike think is watching him in the woods?
(a) Old Ben.
(b) An Indian.
(d) An escaped slave.
3. How much does the dog weigh?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 75 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 90 pounds.
4. The day Old Ben is killed started with _______________.
5. What has Ike killed?
(a) A buck.
(b) A doe.
(c) Many rabbits.
(d) Many birds.
6. How many strangers show up at the camp to watch the first day of the hunt?
7. Ike takes his new gun and ______________ with him when he goes out to look for Old Ben.
(a) A canteen.
(b) A bedroll.
(c) A knapsack.
(d) A compass.
8. What do Ike and Sam come across when riding together?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) A cabin.
(c) Old Ben's paw mark.
(d) An abandoned mill.
9. Ike decides to dedicate his life to the wilderness to learn patience and ______________.
10. What color eyes does the dog have?
11. How does Ike learn patience?
(a) By walking when he wants to run.
(b) By waiting in the rain.
(c) By aiming his gun and not shooting.
(d) By waiting out a snowstorm.
12. How long has the narrator been hunting?
(a) All his life.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 3 years.
13. What behavior does the dog exhibit?
(a) Throws himself against the door repeatedly.
(b) Paces all day and night.
(c) Never stops growling.
(d) Chews chair legs.
14. Where does Major deSpain want to make Lion sleep?
(a) In a hut.
(b) In a wagon.
(c) With the other dogs.
(d) Chained up to a tree.
15. Why does the group return to camp the following summer?
(a) To build a cabin.
(b) To have a memorial for Ash.
(c) To celebrate birthdays.
(d) To go fishing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many years later, Ike thinks about the incident and realizes that _________ knew what killed the colt.
2. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
3. What does Ike see when he looks up from pondering the ground around him?
4. Sam says that Lion does not care for ________________-.
5. Ike notices that the dogs on the hunt can't find _____________.
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)