|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Ike not recall about his first hunting trip?
(a) Bad food.
(b) A snowstorm.
(c) Practicing to aim his gun.
(d) Rough sheets.
2. What color eyes does the dog have?
3. The day Old Ben is killed started with _______________.
4. How does Old Ben elude the hunters?
(a) Going down the river.
(b) Crossing the river.
(c) Disappearing into a cave.
(d) Going over the falls.
5. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
6. Which one of the men finds the dead colt?
(b) Major deSpain.
(d) General Compson.
7. What does Ike do when he becomes lost in the wilderness?
(a) Sits on a log.
(d) Goes to sleep.
8. How old is Buck in Ike in Chapter 2?
9. What does Ike think of Old Ben when he finally sees him?
(a) He is beautiful.
(b) He is seriously ugly.
(c) He is cowardly.
(d) He is not as big as he has always imagined.
10. What is missing from camp when Ike is 14?
(a) A colt.
(b) A gun.
11. Who shows up at camp to take Ike home?
12. Which of the following does not go on the narrator's first hunting trip?
(a) Edgar MacKenzie.
(b) Cousin McCaslin.
(c) General Compson.
(d) Major deSpain.
13. How many strangers show up at the camp to watch the first day of the hunt?
14. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
15. The following November, who shoots at Old Ben and draws blood?
(b) General Compson.
(c) Major deSpain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ike takes his new gun and ______________ with him when he goes out to look for Old Ben.
2. In what month of the following year does the group return to the camp?
3. How old is the narrator when he goes on his first hunting trip?
4. What has Ike killed?
5. In what month do the men go on their annual trips to hunt Old Ben?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)