|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Boon not do for Lion?
(a) Sings to him.
(b) Feed him.
(c) Sleeps with hi.
(d) Cares for him.
2. How long has the narrator been hunting?
(a) All his life.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 years.
3. Which of the men develops a liking for Lion when the next November hunting trip comes around?
(a) General Compson.
(c) Major deSpain.
4. What behavior does the dog exhibit?
(a) Paces all day and night.
(b) Throws himself against the door repeatedly.
(c) Never stops growling.
(d) Chews chair legs.
5. How does Ike learn patience?
(a) By walking when he wants to run.
(b) By waiting out a snowstorm.
(c) By aiming his gun and not shooting.
(d) By waiting in the rain.
6. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
(a) A better rifle.
(b) Better instincts.
(c) An Indian tracker.
(d) The right dog.
7. Who is the man that kills Old Ben?
8. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
9. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
10. What does Ike think of Old Ben when he finally sees him?
(a) He is beautiful.
(b) He is not as big as he has always imagined.
(c) He is cowardly.
(d) He is seriously ugly.
11. The day Old Ben is killed started with _______________.
12. How much does the dog weigh?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 150 pounds.
(c) 75 pounds.
(d) 90 pounds.
13. What is Ike able to smell in the woods?
(a) Moldy leaves.
(b) Old campfires.
(c) The odor of fear.
(d) Gun smoke.
14. Which one of the men finds the dead colt?
(c) Major deSpain.
(d) General Compson.
15. Many years later, Ike thinks that Sam must have been glad about what?
(a) He married a good woman.
(b) He made lots of money.
(c) His life was almost over.
(d) He killed Old Ben.
Short Answer Questions
1. After inspecting the tracks, what does General Compson think got the colt?
2. How old is the narrator when he goes on his first hunting trip?
3. Ike feels that Sam is a _____________.
4. Ike feels that Boon is a _______________.
5. Which of the following does not describe Ike's dog when Ike ambushed Old Ben?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)