|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many years later, Ike thinks about the incident and realizes that _________ knew what killed the colt.
(a) Major deSpain.
(b) General Compson.
2. Which one of the men finds the dead colt?
(b) General Compson.
(c) Major deSpain.
3. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
4. After inspecting the tracks, what does General Compson think got the colt?
(a) A human.
(b) A panther.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A cougar.
5. What do Ike and Sam come across when riding together?
(a) Old Ben's paw mark.
(b) An abandoned mill.
(c) A cabin.
(d) A waterfall.
6. What does Sam have shut in his hut?
(a) A woman.
(b) A child.
(c) A dog.
(d) An Indian.
7. Many years later, Ike thinks that Sam must have been glad about what?
(a) He made lots of money.
(b) His life was almost over.
(c) He killed Old Ben.
(d) He married a good woman.
8. Which of the following does Ike not recall about his first hunting trip?
(a) Rough sheets.
(b) Bad food.
(c) A snowstorm.
(d) Practicing to aim his gun.
9. Ike decides to dedicate his life to the wilderness to learn patience and ______________.
10. How much does the dog weigh?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 75 pounds.
(c) 150 pounds.
(d) 90 pounds.
11. Who is the dog that hunts Old Ben?
12. Sam says that Lion does not care for ________________-.
13. Who is the cook on the hunting trip?
14. Who is the mentor to the narrator?
(a) Sam Feathers.
(b) Sandy Feathers.
(c) Sam Fathers.
(d) Seth Fathers.
15. Ike feels that Sam is a _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
2. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
3. Why does Old Ben run the other bears off?
4. How does Ike learn patience?
5. What does General Compson say happened to the colt?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)