|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The opening line of Chapter 2 is "So he should have hated and feared _____________."
(d) His father.
2. Ike feels that Sam is a _____________.
3. Which of the following does not describe Ike's dog when Ike ambushed Old Ben?
(a) Attacked Old Ben.
4. Who is the narrator?
5. What does Sam have shut in his hut?
(a) A woman.
(b) A child.
(c) A dog.
(d) An Indian.
6. Who is the man that kills Old Ben?
7. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
(a) A better rifle.
(b) An Indian tracker.
(c) The right dog.
(d) Better instincts.
8. How does Ike learn patience?
(a) By waiting out a snowstorm.
(b) By aiming his gun and not shooting.
(c) By waiting in the rain.
(d) By walking when he wants to run.
9. The day Old Ben is killed started with _______________.
10. After inspecting the tracks, what does General Compson think got the colt?
(a) A human.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A panther.
(d) A cougar.
11. Ike notices that the dogs on the hunt can't find _____________.
(a) The trail.
(b) Their tails.
(c) Their way home.
12. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
(a) Is a legend because of his destruction.
(b) Has one mangled paw.
(c) He has a solitary nature.
(d) Has sired 36 cubs.
13. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
14. Which of the men develops a liking for Lion when the next November hunting trip comes around?
(a) Major deSpain.
(c) General Compson.
15. Why does Sam tell Ike that Old Ben stays away from him?
(a) Because Ike can smell him.
(b) Because of his gun.
(c) Because he likes Ike.
(d) Because he doesn't like humans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the narrator been hunting?
2. Why does Old Ben run the other bears off?
3. Who is the dog that hunts Old Ben?
4. What does Ike see in his dreams?
5. What is the dog doing in Sam's hut?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)