|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Ike not recall about his first hunting trip?
(a) Bad food.
(b) Practicing to aim his gun.
(c) A snowstorm.
(d) Rough sheets.
2. What does Ike say is present on all the hunting trips?
3. Where does Major deSpain want to make Lion sleep?
(a) Chained up to a tree.
(b) In a wagon.
(c) In a hut.
(d) With the other dogs.
4. Ike takes his new gun and ______________ with him when he goes out to look for Old Ben.
(a) A knapsack.
(b) A compass.
(c) A bedroll.
(d) A canteen.
5. After inspecting the tracks, what does General Compson think got the colt?
(a) A human.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A panther.
6. What is another reason Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
(a) He had lost an arm in the war.
(b) He had to be a Negro for seventy years.
(c) He was in pain all the time.
(d) He had been a slave all his life.
7. How old is the narrator of the story?
8. Why does Sam say this dog will be able to hunt Old Ben?
(a) He is young.
(b) He cannot be tamed.
(c) He is tenacious.
(d) He is a trained hunting dog.
9. Who is the man that kills Old Ben?
10. Sam says that Lion does not care for ________________-.
11. What color eyes does the dog have?
12. To what does Ike compare his first hunting trip?
(a) Witnessing his own birth.
(b) The first day of summer vacation.
(c) Christmas morning.
(d) His 10th birthday.
13. The wild dog is part mastiff and part _____________.
14. What is the dog's color compared to?
(c) A blued gun barrel.
(d) A chestnut.
15. When Ike is at his hunting stand-alone, he hears a gunshot and knows that ______________ has been shot.
(a) A buck.
(b) Old Ben.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A doe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ike and Sam come across when riding together?
2. What is the dog doing in Sam's hut?
3. The opening line of Chapter 2 is "So he should have hated and feared _____________."
4. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
5. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)