|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the bear's name in THE BEAR?
(a) Old Ben.
2. Who shows up at camp to take Ike home?
3. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
(a) Is a legend because of his destruction.
(b) Has sired 36 cubs.
(c) He has a solitary nature.
(d) Has one mangled paw.
4. Ike feels that Sam is a _____________.
5. How much does the dog weigh?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 150 pounds.
(c) 90 pounds.
(d) 75 pounds.
6. Why does Sam say this dog will be able to hunt Old Ben?
(a) He cannot be tamed.
(b) He is a trained hunting dog.
(c) He is tenacious.
(d) He is young.
7. What is the dog doing in Sam's hut?
(a) Lying in front of a fire.
(c) Bashing himself against the door.
8. Many years later, Ike thinks that Sam must have been glad about what?
(a) His life was almost over.
(b) He married a good woman.
(c) He killed Old Ben.
(d) He made lots of money.
9. In what month is Old Ben killed?
10. Which of the following does not describe Ike's dog when Ike ambushed Old Ben?
(d) Attacked Old Ben.
11. Which of the men develops a liking for Lion when the next November hunting trip comes around?
(c) General Compson.
(d) Major deSpain.
12. Many years later, Ike thinks about the incident and realizes that _________ knew what killed the colt.
(c) Major deSpain.
(d) General Compson.
13. Ike decides to dedicate his life to the wilderness to learn patience and ______________.
14. How old is the narrator of the story?
15. How many strangers show up at the camp to watch the first day of the hunt?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dog's color compared to?
2. How old is Buck in Ike in Chapter 2?
3. Who is the mentor to the narrator?
4. What does General Compson say happened to the colt?
5. The following November, who shoots at Old Ben and draws blood?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)