|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ike learn patience?
(a) By walking when he wants to run.
(b) By aiming his gun and not shooting.
(c) By waiting in the rain.
(d) By waiting out a snowstorm.
2. Why does Sam tell Ike that Old Ben stays away from him?
(a) Because he doesn't like humans.
(b) Because Ike can smell him.
(c) Because he likes Ike.
(d) Because of his gun.
3. What has Ike killed?
(a) Many birds.
(b) Many rabbits.
(c) A doe.
(d) A buck.
4. What does Ike see when he looks up from pondering the ground around him?
(a) The sky.
(b) Old Ben.
(c) A doe.
(d) An Indian tracker.
5. Which of the following does Boon not do for Lion?
(a) Sleeps with hi.
(b) Sings to him.
(c) Feed him.
(d) Cares for him.
6. What does Ike think of Old Ben when he finally sees him?
(a) He is beautiful.
(b) He is seriously ugly.
(c) He is not as big as he has always imagined.
(d) He is cowardly.
7. What does Ike do when he becomes lost in the wilderness?
(a) Goes to sleep.
(d) Sits on a log.
8. Where does Major deSpain want to make Lion sleep?
(a) Chained up to a tree.
(b) In a wagon.
(c) With the other dogs.
(d) In a hut.
9. In what month do the men go on their annual trips to hunt Old Ben?
10. Why does Old Ben run the other bears off?
(a) He is the head bear.
(b) He is always angry.
(c) He is so huge.
(d) He is hungry.
11. Who is the cook on the hunting trip?
12. What is the dog doing in Sam's hut?
(a) Lying in front of a fire.
(d) Bashing himself against the door.
13. What is Ike able to smell in the woods?
(a) The odor of fear.
(b) Gun smoke.
(c) Moldy leaves.
(d) Old campfires.
14. After inspecting the tracks, what does General Compson think got the colt?
(a) A human.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A panther.
15. Which one of the men finds the dead colt?
(b) Major deSpain.
(c) General Compson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose birthdays are celebrated when the men return to camp in the summer?
2. Which of the men develops a liking for Lion when the next November hunting trip comes around?
3. Many years later, Ike thinks that Sam must have been glad about what?
4. Who is the man that kills Old Ben?
5. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)