|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many strangers show up at the camp to watch the first day of the hunt?
2. What do Ike and Sam come across when riding together?
(a) Old Ben's paw mark.
(b) An abandoned mill.
(c) A cabin.
(d) A waterfall.
3. Why does Old Ben run the other bears off?
(a) He is so huge.
(b) He is the head bear.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He is always angry.
4. What behavior does the dog exhibit?
(a) Paces all day and night.
(b) Never stops growling.
(c) Throws himself against the door repeatedly.
(d) Chews chair legs.
5. What does Ike see when he looks up from pondering the ground around him?
(a) Old Ben.
(b) An Indian tracker.
(c) A doe.
(d) The sky.
6. What is Ike able to smell in the woods?
(a) Old campfires.
(b) Gun smoke.
(c) Moldy leaves.
(d) The odor of fear.
7. Why does the group return to camp the following summer?
(a) To have a memorial for Ash.
(b) To celebrate birthdays.
(c) To go fishing.
(d) To build a cabin.
8. What is another reason Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
(a) He was in pain all the time.
(b) He had to be a Negro for seventy years.
(c) He had lost an arm in the war.
(d) He had been a slave all his life.
9. What does Ike think of Old Ben when he finally sees him?
(a) He is seriously ugly.
(b) He is beautiful.
(c) He is cowardly.
(d) He is not as big as he has always imagined.
10. Who is the dog that hunts Old Ben?
11. What does General Compson say happened to the colt?
(a) It was shot by mistake.
(b) It was stolen.
(c) It ran away.
(d) A panther got it.
12. Sam says that Lion does not care for ________________-.
13. What is the dog's color compared to?
(c) A chestnut.
(d) A blued gun barrel.
14. Which of the men develops a liking for Lion when the next November hunting trip comes around?
(a) Major deSpain.
(d) General Compson.
15. What does Sam have shut in his hut?
(a) An Indian.
(b) A woman.
(c) A child.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ike feels that Boon is a _______________.
2. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
3. In what month of the following year does the group return to the camp?
4. What does Ike say is present on all the hunting trips?
5. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)