|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ike is at his hunting stand-alone, he hears a gunshot and knows that ______________ has been shot.
(a) Old Ben.
(b) A doe.
(c) A buck.
(d) A rabbit.
2. What does Ike see when he looks up from pondering the ground around him?
(a) Old Ben.
(b) The sky.
(c) A doe.
(d) An Indian tracker.
3. Who is the mentor to the narrator?
(a) Sam Feathers.
(b) Sandy Feathers.
(c) Seth Fathers.
(d) Sam Fathers.
4. What does Ike think of Old Ben when he finally sees him?
(a) He is seriously ugly.
(b) He is cowardly.
(c) He is beautiful.
(d) He is not as big as he has always imagined.
5. With what has Ike become familiar during his time as a woodsman?
(a) Bear prints.
(b) Indian trackers.
(d) Runaway slaves.
6. Ike feels that Sam is a _____________.
7. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
8. Why does Sam say this dog will be able to hunt Old Ben?
(a) He cannot be tamed.
(b) He is young.
(c) He is tenacious.
(d) He is a trained hunting dog.
9. What is another reason Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
(a) He had lost an arm in the war.
(b) He had been a slave all his life.
(c) He was in pain all the time.
(d) He had to be a Negro for seventy years.
10. Why does Sam tell Ike that Old Ben stays away from him?
(a) Because of his gun.
(b) Because Ike can smell him.
(c) Because he likes Ike.
(d) Because he doesn't like humans.
11. Why does the group return to camp the following summer?
(a) To celebrate birthdays.
(b) To go fishing.
(c) To build a cabin.
(d) To have a memorial for Ash.
12. What do Ike and Sam come across when riding together?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) An abandoned mill.
(c) Old Ben's paw mark.
(d) A cabin.
13. What is the name of the dog Sam is training?
14. How does Old Ben elude the hunters?
(a) Going down the river.
(b) Going over the falls.
(c) Crossing the river.
(d) Disappearing into a cave.
15. Which one of the men finds the dead colt?
(a) Major deSpain.
(b) General Compson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ike killed?
2. Whose birthdays are celebrated when the men return to camp in the summer?
3. Which of the men develops a liking for Lion when the next November hunting trip comes around?
4. What color eyes does the dog have?
5. Which of the following does not describe Ike's dog when Ike ambushed Old Ben?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)