|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The following November, who shoots at Old Ben and draws blood?
(a) Major deSpain.
(d) General Compson.
2. Which of the following does not describe Ike's dog when Ike ambushed Old Ben?
(c) Attacked Old Ben.
3. What has Ike killed?
(a) Many rabbits.
(b) A buck.
(c) A doe.
(d) Many birds.
4. How old is Buck in Ike in Chapter 2?
5. Which one of the men finds the dead colt?
(a) General Compson.
(d) Major deSpain.
6. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
(a) A better rifle.
(b) Better instincts.
(c) An Indian tracker.
(d) The right dog.
7. What does Sam have shut in his hut?
(a) A woman.
(b) A child.
(c) A dog.
(d) An Indian.
8. Who is the narrator?
9. How long has the narrator been hunting?
(a) All his life.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 10 years.
10. What does Ike see when he looks up from pondering the ground around him?
(a) An Indian tracker.
(b) A doe.
(c) Old Ben.
(d) The sky.
11. Sam says that Lion does not care for ________________-.
12. Sam's plan is to alternate feeding and starving the dog until ____________________.
(a) He can trust.
(b) He can track.
(c) He can be touched.
(d) He can be trained.
13. Why does Sam tell Ike that Old Ben stays away from him?
(a) Because he doesn't like humans.
(b) Because Ike can smell him.
(c) Because he likes Ike.
(d) Because of his gun.
14. Why does Sam say this dog will be able to hunt Old Ben?
(a) He is a trained hunting dog.
(b) He is young.
(c) He is tenacious.
(d) He cannot be tamed.
15. Who is the cook on the hunting trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
2. What is the bear's name in THE BEAR?
3. The opening line of Chapter 2 is "So he should have hated and feared _____________."
4. Which of the following does Boon not do for Lion?
5. Who is the dog that hunts Old Ben?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)