|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The following November, who shoots at Old Ben and draws blood?
(b) Major deSpain.
(d) General Compson.
2. The wild dog is part mastiff and part _____________.
3. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
(a) An Indian tracker.
(b) A better rifle.
(c) The right dog.
(d) Better instincts.
4. What behavior does the dog exhibit?
(a) Never stops growling.
(b) Paces all day and night.
(c) Chews chair legs.
(d) Throws himself against the door repeatedly.
5. Ike takes his new gun and ______________ with him when he goes out to look for Old Ben.
(a) A canteen.
(b) A bedroll.
(c) A knapsack.
(d) A compass.
6. Sam says that Lion does not care for ________________-.
7. Ike notices that the dogs on the hunt can't find _____________.
(a) Their way home.
(b) The trail.
(c) Their tails.
8. Which of the following does not go on the narrator's first hunting trip?
(a) General Compson.
(b) Major deSpain.
(c) Edgar MacKenzie.
(d) Cousin McCaslin.
9. Why does Ike throw down his gun during the attack on Old Ben?
(a) To run away.
(b) To use his bow and arrow.
(c) To grab his dog.
(d) To get bullets out of his pocket.
10. What is another reason Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
(a) He was in pain all the time.
(b) He had been a slave all his life.
(c) He had to be a Negro for seventy years.
(d) He had lost an arm in the war.
11. Ike feels that Boon is a _______________.
(a) Trustworthy person.
(b) Hard worker.
(d) Religious zealot.
12. What is Ike able to smell in the woods?
(a) Old campfires.
(b) Gun smoke.
(c) Moldy leaves.
(d) The odor of fear.
13. Why does the group return to camp the following summer?
(a) To celebrate birthdays.
(b) To build a cabin.
(c) To go fishing.
(d) To have a memorial for Ash.
14. When Ike is at his hunting stand-alone, he hears a gunshot and knows that ______________ has been shot.
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A buck.
(c) Old Ben.
(d) A doe.
15. How does Old Ben elude the hunters?
(a) Crossing the river.
(b) Disappearing into a cave.
(c) Going over the falls.
(d) Going down the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dog's color compared to?
2. Sam's plan is to alternate feeding and starving the dog until ____________________.
3. What does Ike see in his dreams?
4. What does Ike do when he becomes lost in the wilderness?
5. Why does Sam say this dog will be able to hunt Old Ben?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)