|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ike killed?
(a) Many rabbits.
(b) A buck.
(c) A doe.
(d) Many birds.
2. How does Ike learn patience?
(a) By waiting out a snowstorm.
(b) By waiting in the rain.
(c) By walking when he wants to run.
(d) By aiming his gun and not shooting.
3. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
(a) The right dog.
(b) An Indian tracker.
(c) A better rifle.
(d) Better instincts.
4. What does Ike see in his dreams?
(a) Old Ben.
(b) A pretty girl.
(c) A new rifle.
(d) A hunting dog.
5. The opening line of Chapter 2 is "So he should have hated and feared _____________."
(c) His father.
6. Which of the men develops a liking for Lion when the next November hunting trip comes around?
(b) General Compson.
(c) Major deSpain.
7. What does General Compson say happened to the colt?
(a) It was stolen.
(b) It ran away.
(c) It was shot by mistake.
(d) A panther got it.
8. Who is the man that kills Old Ben?
9. How many strangers show up at the camp to watch the first day of the hunt?
10. How old is Buck in Ike in Chapter 2?
11. Many years later, Ike thinks that Sam must have been glad about what?
(a) He made lots of money.
(b) He killed Old Ben.
(c) His life was almost over.
(d) He married a good woman.
12. The day Old Ben is killed started with _______________.
13. What is the name of the dog Sam is training?
14. How much does the dog weigh?
(a) 75 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 150 pounds.
(d) 90 pounds.
15. What behavior does the dog exhibit?
(a) Paces all day and night.
(b) Throws himself against the door repeatedly.
(c) Never stops growling.
(d) Chews chair legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
2. Why does the group return to camp the following summer?
3. What does Ike do when he becomes lost in the wilderness?
4. What is Ike able to smell in the woods?
5. What does Ike think of Old Ben when he finally sees him?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)