|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another reason Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
(a) He was in pain all the time.
(b) He had lost an arm in the war.
(c) He had to be a Negro for seventy years.
(d) He had been a slave all his life.
2. Many years later, Ike thinks that Sam must have been glad about what?
(a) His life was almost over.
(b) He made lots of money.
(c) He married a good woman.
(d) He killed Old Ben.
3. Ike feels that Sam is a _____________.
4. What does Ike take in place of his gun when he returns to look for Old Ben?
(a) A rope.
(b) A sword.
(c) A knife.
(d) A stick.
5. In what month of the following year does the group return to the camp?
6. With what has Ike become familiar during his time as a woodsman?
(a) Runaway slaves.
(b) Indian trackers.
(c) Bear prints.
7. Ike notices that the dogs on the hunt can't find _____________.
(a) Their way home.
(b) The trail.
(c) Their tails.
8. Who is the cook on the hunting trip?
9. Which of the men develops a liking for Lion when the next November hunting trip comes around?
(a) Major deSpain.
(d) General Compson.
10. In what month is Old Ben killed?
11. How old is Buck in Ike in Chapter 2?
12. Who is the man that kills Old Ben?
13. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
(a) Has one mangled paw.
(b) Has sired 36 cubs.
(c) He has a solitary nature.
(d) Is a legend because of his destruction.
14. In what month do the men go on their annual trips to hunt Old Ben?
15. What does General Compson say happened to the colt?
(a) A panther got it.
(b) It was shot by mistake.
(c) It ran away.
(d) It was stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is missing from camp when Ike is 14?
2. The day Old Ben is killed started with _______________.
3. Why does Sam tell Ike that Old Ben stays away from him?
4. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
5. Which of the following does not describe Ike's dog when Ike ambushed Old Ben?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)