|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What behavior does the dog exhibit?
(a) Never stops growling.
(b) Throws himself against the door repeatedly.
(c) Chews chair legs.
(d) Paces all day and night.
2. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
(a) The right dog.
(b) Better instincts.
(c) A better rifle.
(d) An Indian tracker.
3. Which of the following does not go on the narrator's first hunting trip?
(a) Edgar MacKenzie.
(b) General Compson.
(c) Cousin McCaslin.
(d) Major deSpain.
4. Who is the dog that hunts Old Ben?
5. How old is the narrator when he goes on his first hunting trip?
6. How old is Buck in Ike in Chapter 2?
7. Who is the man that kills Old Ben?
8. How much does the dog weigh?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 90 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 75 pounds.
9. How does Ike learn patience?
(a) By waiting out a snowstorm.
(b) By walking when he wants to run.
(c) By aiming his gun and not shooting.
(d) By waiting in the rain.
10. What is Ike able to smell in the woods?
(a) The odor of fear.
(b) Moldy leaves.
(c) Old campfires.
(d) Gun smoke.
11. What does Ike think of Old Ben when he finally sees him?
(a) He is seriously ugly.
(b) He is cowardly.
(c) He is beautiful.
(d) He is not as big as he has always imagined.
12. To what does Ike compare his first hunting trip?
(a) Witnessing his own birth.
(b) His 10th birthday.
(c) The first day of summer vacation.
(d) Christmas morning.
13. Why does Old Ben run the other bears off?
(a) He is so huge.
(b) He is hungry.
(c) He is always angry.
(d) He is the head bear.
14. After inspecting the tracks, what does General Compson think got the colt?
(a) A human.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A panther.
15. In what month of the following year does the group return to the camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what has Ike become familiar during his time as a woodsman?
2. Who is the mentor to the narrator?
3. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
4. Who shows up at camp to take Ike home?
5. Many years later, Ike thinks that Sam must have been glad about what?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)