|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam have shut in his hut?
(a) A woman.
(b) A child.
(c) An Indian.
(d) A dog.
2. Whose birthdays are celebrated when the men return to camp in the summer?
(c) Major deSpain and General Compson's.
3. Ike decides to dedicate his life to the wilderness to learn patience and ______________.
4. What is the dog doing in Sam's hut?
(a) Bashing himself against the door.
(b) Lying in front of a fire.
5. Why does Sam tell Ike that Old Ben stays away from him?
(a) Because Ike can smell him.
(b) Because of his gun.
(c) Because he likes Ike.
(d) Because he doesn't like humans.
6. Why does Ike throw down his gun during the attack on Old Ben?
(a) To get bullets out of his pocket.
(b) To run away.
(c) To grab his dog.
(d) To use his bow and arrow.
7. With what has Ike become familiar during his time as a woodsman?
(b) Bear prints.
(c) Runaway slaves.
(d) Indian trackers.
8. What does Ike take in place of his gun when he returns to look for Old Ben?
(a) A sword.
(b) A rope.
(c) A stick.
(d) A knife.
9. Which of the following does Boon not do for Lion?
(a) Feed him.
(b) Sleeps with hi.
(c) Cares for him.
(d) Sings to him.
10. The wild dog is part mastiff and part _____________.
11. Why does the group return to camp the following summer?
(a) To go fishing.
(b) To have a memorial for Ash.
(c) To celebrate birthdays.
(d) To build a cabin.
12. What is the bear's name in THE BEAR?
(a) Old Ben.
13. What do Ike and Sam come across when riding together?
(a) Old Ben's paw mark.
(b) A waterfall.
(c) A cabin.
(d) An abandoned mill.
14. What behavior does the dog exhibit?
(a) Chews chair legs.
(b) Never stops growling.
(c) Throws himself against the door repeatedly.
(d) Paces all day and night.
15. The opening line of Chapter 2 is "So he should have hated and feared _____________."
(a) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ike see in his dreams?
2. What is another reason Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
3. Where does Major deSpain want to make Lion sleep?
4. What is Ike able to smell in the woods?
5. Which of the men develops a liking for Lion when the next November hunting trip comes around?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)