|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does not go on the narrator's first hunting trip?
(a) Cousin McCaslin.
(b) Major deSpain.
(c) General Compson.
(d) Edgar MacKenzie.
2. What does Ike see when he looks up from pondering the ground around him?
(a) The sky.
(b) Old Ben.
(c) A doe.
(d) An Indian tracker.
3. Who is the cook on the hunting trip?
4. Who is the narrator?
5. Which of the men develops a liking for Lion when the next November hunting trip comes around?
(b) General Compson.
(d) Major deSpain.
6. Many years later, Ike thinks about the incident and realizes that _________ knew what killed the colt.
(a) Major deSpain.
(c) General Compson.
7. In what month is Old Ben killed?
8. What is the dog's color compared to?
(a) A chestnut.
(c) A blued gun barrel.
9. What is another reason Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
(a) He had to be a Negro for seventy years.
(b) He had lost an arm in the war.
(c) He had been a slave all his life.
(d) He was in pain all the time.
10. What is the dog doing in Sam's hut?
(b) Lying in front of a fire.
(d) Bashing himself against the door.
11. The day Old Ben is killed started with _______________.
12. The opening line of Chapter 2 is "So he should have hated and feared _____________."
(c) His father.
13. How does Ike learn patience?
(a) By waiting out a snowstorm.
(b) By waiting in the rain.
(c) By walking when he wants to run.
(d) By aiming his gun and not shooting.
14. How much does the dog weigh?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 90 pounds.
(d) 75 pounds.
15. Why does Sam tell Ike that Old Ben stays away from him?
(a) Because he doesn't like humans.
(b) Because Ike can smell him.
(c) Because he likes Ike.
(d) Because of his gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Boon not do for Lion?
2. Who is the man that kills Old Ben?
3. What does Ike see in his dreams?
4. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
5. Ike notices that the dogs on the hunt can't find _____________.
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)