Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day Old Ben is killed started with _______________.
2. How much does the dog weigh?
(a) 75 pounds.
(b) 90 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 150 pounds.
3. Ike takes his new gun and ______________ with him when he goes out to look for Old Ben.
(a) A canteen.
(b) A compass.
(c) A bedroll.
(d) A knapsack.
4. What does Ike take in place of his gun when he returns to look for Old Ben?
(a) A stick.
(b) A rope.
(c) A knife.
(d) A sword.
5. What is missing from camp when Ike is 14?
(b) A colt.
(c) A gun.
6. Who is the narrator?
7. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
(a) Has one mangled paw.
(b) Is a legend because of his destruction.
(c) Has sired 36 cubs.
(d) He has a solitary nature.
8. What color eyes does the dog have?
9. Why does Old Ben run the other bears off?
(a) He is so huge.
(b) He is the head bear.
(c) He is always angry.
(d) He is hungry.
10. What is Ike able to smell in the woods?
(a) Gun smoke.
(b) Old campfires.
(c) Moldy leaves.
(d) The odor of fear.
11. Ike feels that Sam is a _____________.
12. Why does Sam say this dog will be able to hunt Old Ben?
(a) He is tenacious.
(b) He is a trained hunting dog.
(c) He cannot be tamed.
(d) He is young.
13. What behavior does the dog exhibit?
(a) Chews chair legs.
(b) Paces all day and night.
(c) Throws himself against the door repeatedly.
(d) Never stops growling.
14. What is the dog doing in Sam's hut?
(a) Lying in front of a fire.
(c) Bashing himself against the door.
15. After inspecting the tracks, what does General Compson think got the colt?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A human.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A panther.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the men finds the dead colt?
2. Where does Major deSpain want to make Lion sleep?
3. How old is the narrator of the story?
4. What is one of the reasons Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
5. In what month do the men go on their annual trips to hunt Old Ben?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)