|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color eyes does the dog have?
2. What does Ike take in place of his gun when he returns to look for Old Ben?
(a) A rope.
(b) A sword.
(c) A stick.
(d) A knife.
3. What is the bear's name in THE BEAR?
(a) Old Ben.
4. In what month is Old Ben killed?
5. Who is the cook on the hunting trip?
6. With what has Ike become familiar during his time as a woodsman?
(a) Runaway slaves.
(b) Bear prints.
(d) Indian trackers.
7. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
8. The following November, who shoots at Old Ben and draws blood?
(a) Major deSpain.
(c) General Compson.
9. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
10. How does Ike learn patience?
(a) By waiting in the rain.
(b) By walking when he wants to run.
(c) By aiming his gun and not shooting.
(d) By waiting out a snowstorm.
11. What does Ike see in his dreams?
(a) A hunting dog.
(b) Old Ben.
(c) A new rifle.
(d) A pretty girl.
12. Who does Ike think is watching him in the woods?
(b) Old Ben.
(c) An Indian.
(d) An escaped slave.
13. What is Ike able to smell in the woods?
(a) Old campfires.
(b) The odor of fear.
(c) Gun smoke.
(d) Moldy leaves.
14. How old is the narrator of the story?
15. Which of the following does not describe Ike's dog when Ike ambushed Old Ben?
(b) Attacked Old Ben.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Ike compare his first hunting trip?
2. Why does Ike throw down his gun during the attack on Old Ben?
3. How much does the dog weigh?
4. Where does Major deSpain want to make Lion sleep?
5. Why does Old Ben run the other bears off?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)