|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ike killed?
(a) A doe.
(b) A buck.
(c) Many birds.
(d) Many rabbits.
2. Ike decides to dedicate his life to the wilderness to learn patience and ______________.
3. In what month of the following year does the group return to the camp?
4. Which of the men develops a liking for Lion when the next November hunting trip comes around?
(a) General Compson.
(c) Major deSpain.
5. How old is Buck in Ike in Chapter 2?
6. Many years later, Ike thinks about the incident and realizes that _________ knew what killed the colt.
(b) General Compson.
(d) Major deSpain.
7. What does Ike do when he becomes lost in the wilderness?
(a) Sits on a log.
(b) Goes to sleep.
8. What is missing from camp when Ike is 14?
(b) A gun.
(d) A colt.
9. How old is the narrator of the story?
10. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
11. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
(a) The right dog.
(b) A better rifle.
(c) An Indian tracker.
(d) Better instincts.
12. To what does Ike compare his first hunting trip?
(a) His 10th birthday.
(b) Christmas morning.
(c) The first day of summer vacation.
(d) Witnessing his own birth.
13. What is the dog doing in Sam's hut?
(b) Bashing himself against the door.
(d) Lying in front of a fire.
14. The following November, who shoots at Old Ben and draws blood?
(b) Major deSpain.
(c) General Compson.
15. Which of the following does Boon not do for Lion?
(a) Sleeps with hi.
(b) Cares for him.
(c) Sings to him.
(d) Feed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the dog weigh?
2. How does Old Ben elude the hunters?
3. Who is the man that kills Old Ben?
4. What color eyes does the dog have?
5. Many years later, Ike thinks that Sam must have been glad about what?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)