|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ike think of Old Ben when he finally sees him?
(a) He is beautiful.
(b) He is not as big as he has always imagined.
(c) He is seriously ugly.
(d) He is cowardly.
2. Why does Sam tell Ike that Old Ben stays away from him?
(a) Because he likes Ike.
(b) Because he doesn't like humans.
(c) Because Ike can smell him.
(d) Because of his gun.
3. Many years later, Ike thinks that Sam must have been glad about what?
(a) He married a good woman.
(b) He made lots of money.
(c) His life was almost over.
(d) He killed Old Ben.
4. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
5. Who is the mentor to the narrator?
(a) Sam Fathers.
(b) Sandy Feathers.
(c) Seth Fathers.
(d) Sam Feathers.
6. The following November, who shoots at Old Ben and draws blood?
(a) Major deSpain.
(d) General Compson.
7. What does Ike say is present on all the hunting trips?
8. When Ike is at his hunting stand-alone, he hears a gunshot and knows that ______________ has been shot.
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A doe.
(c) A buck.
(d) Old Ben.
9. What is the name of the dog Sam is training?
10. Why does the group return to camp the following summer?
(a) To go fishing.
(b) To celebrate birthdays.
(c) To build a cabin.
(d) To have a memorial for Ash.
11. What has Ike killed?
(a) Many rabbits.
(b) A doe.
(c) A buck.
(d) Many birds.
12. What does General Compson say happened to the colt?
(a) It was stolen.
(b) It ran away.
(c) It was shot by mistake.
(d) A panther got it.
13. What does Sam have shut in his hut?
(a) A child.
(b) A dog.
(c) A woman.
(d) An Indian.
14. How old is the narrator when he goes on his first hunting trip?
15. Who is the cook on the hunting trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. The wild dog is part mastiff and part _____________.
2. What does Ike do when he becomes lost in the wilderness?
3. Which of the men develops a liking for Lion when the next November hunting trip comes around?
4. What do Ike and Sam come across when riding together?
5. How old is the narrator of the story?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)