|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose birthdays are celebrated when the men return to camp in the summer?
(a) Major deSpain and General Compson's.
2. Ike feels that Sam is a _____________.
3. Who is the dog that hunts Old Ben?
4. To what does Ike compare his first hunting trip?
(a) Christmas morning.
(b) His 10th birthday.
(c) The first day of summer vacation.
(d) Witnessing his own birth.
5. In what month is Old Ben killed?
6. What does Ike see when he looks up from pondering the ground around him?
(a) A doe.
(b) Old Ben.
(c) An Indian tracker.
(d) The sky.
7. What is the bear's name in THE BEAR?
(a) Old Ben.
8. Who is the narrator?
9. What does General Compson say happened to the colt?
(a) It was shot by mistake.
(b) It was stolen.
(c) A panther got it.
(d) It ran away.
10. In what month do the men go on their annual trips to hunt Old Ben?
11. Where does Major deSpain want to make Lion sleep?
(a) Chained up to a tree.
(b) In a wagon.
(c) In a hut.
(d) With the other dogs.
12. Which one of the men finds the dead colt?
(b) Major deSpain.
(d) General Compson.
13. Ike notices that the dogs on the hunt can't find _____________.
(b) The trail.
(c) Their way home.
(d) Their tails.
14. How old is Buck in Ike in Chapter 2?
15. How does Old Ben elude the hunters?
(a) Going over the falls.
(b) Disappearing into a cave.
(c) Going down the river.
(d) Crossing the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ike think of Old Ben when he finally sees him?
2. What is another reason Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
3. Ike feels that Boon is a _______________.
4. The wild dog is part mastiff and part _____________.
5. What do Ike and Sam come across when riding together?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)