|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ike, the train had been ______________ in the past.
2. Where do the men have to follow Old Ben after the dogs find his trail?
(a) Up a stream.
(b) Across the river.
(c) Down a mountain.
(d) Through a meadow.
3. Which of the following does not describe Boon?
(a) One quarter Indian.
(b) The mind of a child.
(c) Six feet four inches tall.
(d) Hair as blonde as straw.
4. The opening line of Chapter 2 is "So he should have hated and feared _____________."
(a) His father.
5. What does the train symbolize now?
(d) The doomed wilderness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ike name as his mistress and wife?
2. How old is Ike as Chapter 4 begins?
3. Where does Major deSpain want to make Lion sleep?
4. What did Boon and Ike make according to Sam's instructions?
5. Who dies at sundown?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)