|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person from the past do Ike and McCaslin talk about?
(b) Sam Fathers.
(c) Major deSpain.
(d) General Compson.
2. How old is Ike as Chapter 4 begins?
3. What is another reason Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
(a) He was in pain all the time.
(b) He had to be a Negro for seventy years.
(c) He had lost an arm in the war.
(d) He had been a slave all his life.
4. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
5. With what has Ike become familiar during his time as a woodsman?
(a) Runaway slaves.
(c) Indian trackers.
(d) Bear prints.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ike feels that Boon is a _______________.
2. Where does Major deSpain want to make Lion sleep?
3. A black man comes to the family farm and declares his intention to marry a black girl named _____________ who lives there.
4. Who dies at sundown?
5. How long has the narrator been hunting?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)