|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
(a) Is a legend because of his destruction.
(b) Has sired 36 cubs.
(c) Has one mangled paw.
(d) He has a solitary nature.
2. Why does Ike throw down his gun during the attack on Old Ben?
(a) To get bullets out of his pocket.
(b) To run away.
(c) To use his bow and arrow.
(d) To grab his dog.
3. Major deSpain allows the men on his land to use the house and ____________.
(a) Camp out.
(b) Have parties.
4. What is Ike able to smell in the woods?
(a) Old campfires.
(b) Moldy leaves.
(c) Gun smoke.
(d) The odor of fear.
5. Which person from the past do Ike and McCaslin talk about?
(b) General Compson.
(c) Sam Fathers.
(d) Major deSpain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McCaslin do when he arrives in camp?
2. Which of the following does Ike not mention when talking about the future of the South?
3. After inspecting the tracks, what does General Compson think got the colt?
4. Ike notices that the dogs on the hunt can't find _____________.
5. What is the name of the sawmill with a commissary?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)