|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the narrator of the story?
2. With what has Ike become familiar during his time as a woodsman?
(a) Runaway slaves.
(c) Indian trackers.
(d) Bear prints.
3. How much does the dog weigh?
(a) 90 pounds.
(b) 75 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 150 pounds.
4. What does Ike see when he looks up from pondering the ground around him?
(a) Old Ben.
(b) The sky.
(c) A doe.
(d) An Indian tracker.
5. Why do Boon and Ike miss the first train back?
(a) Boon is drunk.
(b) They want a good dinner and a bath.
(c) They decide to do some sightseeing.
(d) Boon gets sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Boon's greatest vice?
2. Sam's plan is to alternate feeding and starving the dog until ____________________.
3. In addition to having the ugliest face Ike has ever seen, Boon has no _______________.
4. Ike feels that Boon is a _______________.
5. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)