|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Boon stab Old Ben?
(a) In the chest.
(b) In the throat.
(c) In the eye.
(d) In the belly.
2. Why does Ike say that black people will endure?
(a) They have nothing to lose.
(b) They have iron clad constitutions.
(c) They are better people than whites.
(d) They have stronger family ties.
3. Who is the mentor to the narrator?
(a) Sandy Feathers.
(b) Sam Feathers.
(c) Seth Fathers.
(d) Sam Fathers.
4. How did the pony get loose?
(a) Old Ben broke down the fence.
(b) Boon let go of the reins.
(c) Boon let him run wild.
(d) Boon left the gate open.
5. To what city do Ike and Boon catch a train?
(d) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. A black man comes to the family farm and declares his intention to marry a black girl named _____________ who lives there.
2. Ike believes that his grandfather who bought the land actually bought nothing because ______________________________.
3. Who goes to town with Boon?
4. The ledgers of the family indicate business dating back to _________________.
5. Ike and his uncle moved out of their big house and let ___________ move in.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)