|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The opening line of Chapter 2 is "So he should have hated and feared _____________."
(c) His father.
2. What is the amount of the legacy?
3. What does Ike see in his dreams?
(a) A hunting dog.
(b) A new rifle.
(c) Old Ben.
(d) A pretty girl.
4. Many years later, Ike thinks about the incident and realizes that _________ knew what killed the colt.
(a) General Compson.
(d) Major deSpain.
5. Ike believes that his grandfather who bought the land actually bought nothing because ______________________________.
(a) The man who sold it never truly owned it.
(b) He never got a deed.
(c) There was an Indian burial ground on it.
(d) It was a battlefield.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the narrator been hunting?
2. Ike and his uncle moved out of their big house and let ___________ move in.
3. How do the men find Sam when they return to camp?
4. Why does Sam tell Ike that Old Ben stays away from him?
5. Ike takes his new gun and ______________ with him when he goes out to look for Old Ben.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)