|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
(a) An Indian tracker.
(b) Better instincts.
(c) A better rifle.
(d) The right dog.
2. Which person from the past do Ike and McCaslin talk about?
(a) General Compson.
(c) Major deSpain.
(d) Sam Fathers.
3. Where does Boon stab Old Ben?
(a) In the chest.
(b) In the throat.
(c) In the belly.
(d) In the eye.
4. For whom does Boon want to ride to get a doctor after Old Ben is killed?
5. What do Ike and Sam come across when riding together?
(a) A waterfall.
(b) Old Ben's paw mark.
(c) A cabin.
(d) An abandoned mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mentor to the narrator?
2. What is an important motif throughout Chapter 4?
3. Why does the group return to camp the following summer?
4. Which one of the men finds the dead colt?
5. Ike thinks God wants man to care for the earth and __________________.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)