|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another reason Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
(a) He had been a slave all his life.
(b) He had lost an arm in the war.
(c) He was in pain all the time.
(d) He had to be a Negro for seventy years.
2. A black man comes to the family farm and declares his intention to marry a black girl named _____________ who lives there.
3. What does Ike's wife do in order to persuade him to move to the family farm?
(a) Sleeps naked.
(b) Lets him smoke in the house.
(c) Bakes him a pie.
(d) Cooks his favorite meal.
4. How long has the narrator been hunting?
(a) All his life.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 3 years.
5. Who does Ike think is watching him in the woods?
(a) Old Ben.
(c) An escaped slave.
(d) An Indian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McCaslin do when he arrives in camp?
2. Who is the dog that hunts Old Ben?
3. How old is Buck in Ike in Chapter 2?
4. What did Boon and Ike make according to Sam's instructions?
5. Which of the following is not a topic in the poem that McCaslin reads?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)