|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After inspecting the tracks, what does General Compson think got the colt?
(a) A cougar.
(b) A panther.
(c) A human.
(d) A wolf.
2. Why does Ike throw down his gun during the attack on Old Ben?
(a) To run away.
(b) To get bullets out of his pocket.
(c) To grab his dog.
(d) To use his bow and arrow.
3. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
(a) Is a legend because of his destruction.
(b) Has sired 36 cubs.
(c) Has one mangled paw.
(d) He has a solitary nature.
4. What does Boon hit when he misses while shooting at a black man?
(a) A child.
(b) A black woman.
(c) A dog.
(d) A horse.
5. In what month of the following year does the group return to the camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. The opening line of Chapter 2 is "So he should have hated and feared _____________."
2. Sam's plan is to alternate feeding and starving the dog until ____________________.
3. For what do the men send Boon to town?
4. How long has the narrator been hunting?
5. How do the men find Sam when they return to camp?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)