|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what are the men waiting in camp?
(a) Fresh horses.
(c) Warmer weather.
2. Who is the man that kills Old Ben?
3. Why does the group return to camp the following summer?
(a) To go fishing.
(b) To celebrate birthdays.
(c) To have a memorial for Ash.
(d) To build a cabin.
4. How do the men find Sam when they return to camp?
(a) Coughing with pneumonia.
(b) Dead and wrapped in a bundle.
(c) Cooking breakfast.
(d) Shaking with fever.
5. Where do the men have to follow Old Ben after the dogs find his trail?
(a) Up a stream.
(b) Through a meadow.
(c) Across the river.
(d) Down a mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ike say is present on all the hunting trips?
2. The doctor thinks that Sam __________________.
3. How does Ike learn patience?
4. What does McCaslin do when he arrives in camp?
5. Many years later, Ike thinks about the incident and realizes that _________ knew what killed the colt.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)