|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ike able to smell in the woods?
(a) Moldy leaves.
(b) Gun smoke.
(c) The odor of fear.
(d) Old campfires.
2. For whom does Boon want to ride to get a doctor after Old Ben is killed?
3. Sam's plan is to alternate feeding and starving the dog until ____________________.
(a) He can be touched.
(b) He can be trained.
(c) He can trust.
(d) He can track.
4. Which of the following does Ike not recall about his first hunting trip?
(a) Rough sheets.
(b) Bad food.
(c) Practicing to aim his gun.
(d) A snowstorm.
5. The doctor thinks that Sam __________________.
(a) Has terminal cancer.
(b) Is in a state of shock.
(c) Has had a stroke.
(d) Has diabetes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many years later, Ike thinks about the incident and realizes that _________ knew what killed the colt.
2. Which of the men jumps on Old Ben and stabs him?
3. Why does Old Ben run the other bears off?
4. What is one of the reasons Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
5. What does McCaslin do when he arrives in camp?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)