|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ike say is present on all the hunting trips?
2. Which one of the men finds the dead colt?
(b) Major deSpain.
(d) General Compson.
3. What is another reason Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
(a) He was in pain all the time.
(b) He had to be a Negro for seventy years.
(c) He had been a slave all his life.
(d) He had lost an arm in the war.
4. For what do the men send Boon to town?
(a) To buy food and coffee.
(b) To get more blankets.
(c) To get fresh horses.
(d) To buy whiskey.
5. General Compson describes Ike as _______________ due to his life experiences in the wilderness.
(a) A nature boy.
(b) A hero.
(c) An old man.
(d) A trapper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ike takes his new gun and ______________ with him when he goes out to look for Old Ben.
2. Who does Ike think is watching him in the woods?
3. What is the dog's color compared to?
4. Why does Ike throw down his gun during the attack on Old Ben?
5. For what are the men waiting in camp?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)