|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the cook on the hunting trip?
2. To what does Ike compare his first hunting trip?
(a) His 10th birthday.
(b) Witnessing his own birth.
(c) Christmas morning.
(d) The first day of summer vacation.
3. Who does Ike think is watching him in the woods?
(a) An escaped slave.
(c) Old Ben.
(d) An Indian.
4. What is another reason Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
(a) He had lost an arm in the war.
(b) He was in pain all the time.
(c) He had been a slave all his life.
(d) He had to be a Negro for seventy years.
5. What does Ike do when he becomes lost in the wilderness?
(b) Goes to sleep.
(d) Sits on a log.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe Ike's dog when Ike ambushed Old Ben?
2. The opening line of Chapter 2 is "So he should have hated and feared _____________."
3. Who is the mentor to the narrator?
4. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
5. Whose birthdays are celebrated when the men return to camp in the summer?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)