|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sam tell Ike that Old Ben stays away from him?
(a) Because he likes Ike.
(b) Because Ike can smell him.
(c) Because of his gun.
(d) Because he doesn't like humans.
2. In what month do the men go on their annual trips to hunt Old Ben?
3. Who shows up at camp to take Ike home?
4. What does Sam have shut in his hut?
(a) A woman.
(b) A child.
(c) A dog.
(d) An Indian.
5. What is the dog's color compared to?
(a) A blued gun barrel.
(b) A chestnut.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
2. Why does the group return to camp the following summer?
3. What is another reason Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
4. Sam's plan is to alternate feeding and starving the dog until ____________________.
5. What is missing from camp when Ike is 14?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)