|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the narrator of the story?
2. Ike notices that the dogs on the hunt can't find _____________.
(b) Their tails.
(c) The trail.
(d) Their way home.
3. Why does Sam say this dog will be able to hunt Old Ben?
(a) He is young.
(b) He is a trained hunting dog.
(c) He is tenacious.
(d) He cannot be tamed.
4. In what month of the following year does the group return to the camp?
5. What does Ike do when he becomes lost in the wilderness?
(a) Sits on a log.
(b) Goes to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
2. Many years later, Ike thinks about the incident and realizes that _________ knew what killed the colt.
3. What is the dog doing in Sam's hut?
4. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
5. How does Old Ben elude the hunters?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)