|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
2. Many years later, Ike thinks that Sam must have been glad about what?
(a) He made lots of money.
(b) He killed Old Ben.
(c) His life was almost over.
(d) He married a good woman.
3. What is missing from camp when Ike is 14?
(a) A gun.
(c) A colt.
4. What do Ike and Sam come across when riding together?
(a) Old Ben's paw mark.
(b) A cabin.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) An abandoned mill.
5. What behavior does the dog exhibit?
(a) Paces all day and night.
(b) Throws himself against the door repeatedly.
(c) Chews chair legs.
(d) Never stops growling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ike throw down his gun during the attack on Old Ben?
2. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
3. Ike notices that the dogs on the hunt can't find _____________.
4. Which of the following does not go on the narrator's first hunting trip?
5. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)