|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What behavior does the dog exhibit?
(a) Chews chair legs.
(b) Throws himself against the door repeatedly.
(c) Paces all day and night.
(d) Never stops growling.
2. In what month do the men go on their annual trips to hunt Old Ben?
3. Sam's plan is to alternate feeding and starving the dog until ____________________.
(a) He can track.
(b) He can be touched.
(c) He can trust.
(d) He can be trained.
4. What is missing from camp when Ike is 14?
(a) A gun.
(b) A colt.
5. The opening line of Chapter 2 is "So he should have hated and feared _____________."
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose birthdays are celebrated when the men return to camp in the summer?
2. Which of the following does not describe Ike's dog when Ike ambushed Old Ben?
3. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
4. Who is the narrator?
5. Many years later, Ike thinks about the incident and realizes that _________ knew what killed the colt.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)