|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sam say this dog will be able to hunt Old Ben?
(a) He cannot be tamed.
(b) He is tenacious.
(c) He is young.
(d) He is a trained hunting dog.
2. Where does Major deSpain want to make Lion sleep?
(a) In a hut.
(b) In a wagon.
(c) Chained up to a tree.
(d) With the other dogs.
3. How old is the narrator when he goes on his first hunting trip?
4. The following November, who shoots at Old Ben and draws blood?
(b) General Compson.
(c) Major deSpain.
5. Many years later, Ike thinks that Sam must have been glad about what?
(a) He killed Old Ben.
(b) His life was almost over.
(c) He made lots of money.
(d) He married a good woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day Old Ben is killed started with _______________.
2. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
3. What do Ike and Sam come across when riding together?
4. Many years later, Ike thinks about the incident and realizes that _________ knew what killed the colt.
5. What does Ike think of Old Ben when he finally sees him?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)