|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Ike not recall about his first hunting trip?
(a) Rough sheets.
(b) A snowstorm.
(c) Practicing to aim his gun.
(d) Bad food.
2. Why does Sam say this dog will be able to hunt Old Ben?
(a) He is young.
(b) He cannot be tamed.
(c) He is tenacious.
(d) He is a trained hunting dog.
3. What is the dog doing in Sam's hut?
(a) Lying in front of a fire.
(c) Bashing himself against the door.
4. Why does Sam tell Ike that Old Ben stays away from him?
(a) Because of his gun.
(b) Because he likes Ike.
(c) Because he doesn't like humans.
(d) Because Ike can smell him.
5. Sam's plan is to alternate feeding and starving the dog until ____________________.
(a) He can be trained.
(b) He can track.
(c) He can trust.
(d) He can be touched.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dog's color compared to?
2. What is Ike able to smell in the woods?
3. Where does Major deSpain want to make Lion sleep?
4. Which of the following does Boon not do for Lion?
5. With what has Ike become familiar during his time as a woodsman?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)