|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Major deSpain want to make Lion sleep?
(a) In a hut.
(b) Chained up to a tree.
(c) With the other dogs.
(d) In a wagon.
2. How does Ike learn patience?
(a) By aiming his gun and not shooting.
(b) By waiting out a snowstorm.
(c) By walking when he wants to run.
(d) By waiting in the rain.
3. Why does Ike throw down his gun during the attack on Old Ben?
(a) To run away.
(b) To grab his dog.
(c) To get bullets out of his pocket.
(d) To use his bow and arrow.
4. Many years later, Ike thinks about the incident and realizes that _________ knew what killed the colt.
(b) General Compson.
(c) Major deSpain.
5. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
2. What is one of the reasons Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
3. Who is the mentor to the narrator?
4. Why does the group return to camp the following summer?
5. In what month do the men go on their annual trips to hunt Old Ben?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)