|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the group return to camp the following summer?
(a) To go fishing.
(b) To celebrate birthdays.
(c) To build a cabin.
(d) To have a memorial for Ash.
2. The wild dog is part mastiff and part _____________.
3. How much does the dog weigh?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 90 pounds.
(c) 150 pounds.
(d) 75 pounds.
4. Why does Sam say this dog will be able to hunt Old Ben?
(a) He is tenacious.
(b) He cannot be tamed.
(c) He is young.
(d) He is a trained hunting dog.
5. When Ike is at his hunting stand-alone, he hears a gunshot and knows that ______________ has been shot.
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A doe.
(c) A buck.
(d) Old Ben.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many strangers show up at the camp to watch the first day of the hunt?
2. Why does Ike throw down his gun during the attack on Old Ben?
3. Who is the man that kills Old Ben?
4. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
5. What is the dog's color compared to?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)