|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sam tell Ike that Old Ben stays away from him?
(a) Because he likes Ike.
(b) Because Ike can smell him.
(c) Because he doesn't like humans.
(d) Because of his gun.
2. Who is the cook on the hunting trip?
3. What does Ike see when he looks up from pondering the ground around him?
(a) A doe.
(b) The sky.
(c) Old Ben.
(d) An Indian tracker.
4. Why does the group return to camp the following summer?
(a) To go fishing.
(b) To celebrate birthdays.
(c) To build a cabin.
(d) To have a memorial for Ash.
5. What behavior does the dog exhibit?
(a) Paces all day and night.
(b) Throws himself against the door repeatedly.
(c) Chews chair legs.
(d) Never stops growling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up at camp to take Ike home?
2. How much does the dog weigh?
3. After inspecting the tracks, what does General Compson think got the colt?
4. What does Ike do when he becomes lost in the wilderness?
5. In what month do the men go on their annual trips to hunt Old Ben?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)