|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sam tell Ike that Old Ben stays away from him?
(a) Because of his gun.
(b) Because he likes Ike.
(c) Because Ike can smell him.
(d) Because he doesn't like humans.
2. How old is the narrator of the story?
3. What does Ike see when he looks up from pondering the ground around him?
(a) The sky.
(b) A doe.
(c) Old Ben.
(d) An Indian tracker.
4. Who is the cook on the hunting trip?
5. Ike decides to dedicate his life to the wilderness to learn patience and ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ike do when he becomes lost in the wilderness?
2. Ike takes his new gun and ______________ with him when he goes out to look for Old Ben.
3. When Ike is at his hunting stand-alone, he hears a gunshot and knows that ______________ has been shot.
4. In what month of the following year does the group return to the camp?
5. In what month do the men go on their annual trips to hunt Old Ben?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)