|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Ike not recall about his first hunting trip?
(a) Practicing to aim his gun.
(b) Bad food.
(c) Rough sheets.
(d) A snowstorm.
2. To what does Ike compare his first hunting trip?
(a) Witnessing his own birth.
(b) The first day of summer vacation.
(c) Christmas morning.
(d) His 10th birthday.
3. Who does Ike think is watching him in the woods?
(a) Old Ben.
(c) An Indian.
(d) An escaped slave.
4. How old is the narrator of the story?
5. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ike take in place of his gun when he returns to look for Old Ben?
2. Who is the narrator?
3. Ike takes his new gun and ______________ with him when he goes out to look for Old Ben.
4. Which of the following does not go on the narrator's first hunting trip?
5. Whose birthdays are celebrated when the men return to camp in the summer?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)