|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
(a) A better rifle.
(b) An Indian tracker.
(c) The right dog.
(d) Better instincts.
2. Which of the following does Ike not recall about his first hunting trip?
(a) Bad food.
(b) A snowstorm.
(c) Rough sheets.
(d) Practicing to aim his gun.
3. When Ike is at his hunting stand-alone, he hears a gunshot and knows that ______________ has been shot.
(a) A rabbit.
(b) Old Ben.
(c) A buck.
(d) A doe.
4. To what does Ike compare his first hunting trip?
(a) The first day of summer vacation.
(b) Witnessing his own birth.
(c) His 10th birthday.
(d) Christmas morning.
5. Why does the group return to camp the following summer?
(a) To have a memorial for Ash.
(b) To build a cabin.
(c) To go fishing.
(d) To celebrate birthdays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ike able to smell in the woods?
2. Whose birthdays are celebrated when the men return to camp in the summer?
3. Which of the following does not go on the narrator's first hunting trip?
4. Who is the mentor to the narrator?
5. Why does Sam tell Ike that Old Ben stays away from him?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)