|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Ike compare his first hunting trip?
(a) His 10th birthday.
(b) The first day of summer vacation.
(c) Christmas morning.
(d) Witnessing his own birth.
2. What does Ike think of Old Ben when he finally sees him?
(a) He is cowardly.
(b) He is not as big as he has always imagined.
(c) He is seriously ugly.
(d) He is beautiful.
3. Which of the following does not go on the narrator's first hunting trip?
(a) Edgar MacKenzie.
(b) Cousin McCaslin.
(c) General Compson.
(d) Major deSpain.
4. Why does Old Ben run the other bears off?
(a) He is the head bear.
(b) He is so huge.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He is always angry.
5. How old is the narrator when he goes on his first hunting trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose birthdays are celebrated when the men return to camp in the summer?
2. Who is the dog that hunts Old Ben?
3. When Ike is at his hunting stand-alone, he hears a gunshot and knows that ______________ has been shot.
4. What does Ike see when he looks up from pondering the ground around him?
5. What do Ike and Sam come across when riding together?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)