|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
2. To what does Ike compare his first hunting trip?
(a) The first day of summer vacation.
(b) Witnessing his own birth.
(c) His 10th birthday.
(d) Christmas morning.
3. Whose birthdays are celebrated when the men return to camp in the summer?
(c) Major deSpain and General Compson's.
4. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
(a) Better instincts.
(b) A better rifle.
(c) The right dog.
(d) An Indian tracker.
5. What does Ike think of Old Ben when he finally sees him?
(a) He is cowardly.
(b) He is not as big as he has always imagined.
(c) He is beautiful.
(d) He is seriously ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ike decides to dedicate his life to the wilderness to learn patience and ______________.
2. What does Ike say is present on all the hunting trips?
3. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
4. Who does Ike think is watching him in the woods?
5. How does Ike learn patience?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)