|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose birthdays are celebrated when the men return to camp in the summer?
(d) Major deSpain and General Compson's.
2. Why does Old Ben run the other bears off?
(a) He is so huge.
(b) He is always angry.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He is the head bear.
3. What is Ike able to smell in the woods?
(a) The odor of fear.
(b) Gun smoke.
(c) Moldy leaves.
(d) Old campfires.
4. What is the bear's name in THE BEAR?
(d) Old Ben.
5. What does Ike take in place of his gun when he returns to look for Old Ben?
(a) A rope.
(b) A sword.
(c) A stick.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the narrator been hunting?
2. The day Old Ben is killed started with _______________.
3. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
4. What does Ike think of Old Ben when he finally sees him?
5. What does Ike do when he becomes lost in the wilderness?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)