|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
(a) The right dog.
(b) A better rifle.
(c) Better instincts.
(d) An Indian tracker.
2. What is the bear's name in THE BEAR?
(b) Old Ben.
3. To what does Ike compare his first hunting trip?
(a) Christmas morning.
(b) The first day of summer vacation.
(c) His 10th birthday.
(d) Witnessing his own birth.
4. What does Ike see in his dreams?
(a) A new rifle.
(b) A pretty girl.
(c) Old Ben.
(d) A hunting dog.
5. Why does the group return to camp the following summer?
(a) To celebrate birthdays.
(b) To go fishing.
(c) To build a cabin.
(d) To have a memorial for Ash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sam tell Ike that Old Ben stays away from him?
2. Who is the cook on the hunting trip?
3. What does Ike see when he looks up from pondering the ground around him?
4. Who is the dog that hunts Old Ben?
5. Which of the following does not go on the narrator's first hunting trip?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)