|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
(a) Is a legend because of his destruction.
(b) Has one mangled paw.
(c) Has sired 36 cubs.
(d) He has a solitary nature.
2. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
3. Why does Old Ben run the other bears off?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) He is always angry.
(c) He is the head bear.
(d) He is so huge.
4. In what month do the men go on their annual trips to hunt Old Ben?
5. Who does Ike think is watching him in the woods?
(a) An escaped slave.
(b) Old Ben.
(d) An Indian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bear's name in THE BEAR?
2. Who is the cook on the hunting trip?
3. In what month of the following year does the group return to the camp?
4. Who is the man that kills Old Ben?
5. The day Old Ben is killed started with _______________.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)