|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
(a) The right dog.
(b) An Indian tracker.
(c) A better rifle.
(d) Better instincts.
2. Who is the narrator?
3. Which of the following does Ike not recall about his first hunting trip?
(a) Rough sheets.
(b) A snowstorm.
(c) Bad food.
(d) Practicing to aim his gun.
4. How old is the narrator of the story?
5. Ike takes his new gun and ______________ with him when he goes out to look for Old Ben.
(a) A compass.
(b) A knapsack.
(c) A canteen.
(d) A bedroll.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Ike compare his first hunting trip?
2. What does Ike think of Old Ben when he finally sees him?
3. How does Ike learn patience?
4. Who is the man that kills Old Ben?
5. When Ike is at his hunting stand-alone, he hears a gunshot and knows that ______________ has been shot.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)