|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator?
2. What does Ike do when he becomes lost in the wilderness?
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Sits on a log.
3. When Ike is at his hunting stand-alone, he hears a gunshot and knows that ______________ has been shot.
(a) Old Ben.
(b) A doe.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A buck.
4. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
(a) Has sired 36 cubs.
(b) Is a legend because of his destruction.
(c) Has one mangled paw.
(d) He has a solitary nature.
5. Which of the following does not go on the narrator's first hunting trip?
(a) Major deSpain.
(b) General Compson.
(c) Edgar MacKenzie.
(d) Cousin McCaslin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the narrator of the story?
2. What do Ike and Sam come across when riding together?
3. Whose birthdays are celebrated when the men return to camp in the summer?
4. What does Ike say is present on all the hunting trips?
5. Ike decides to dedicate his life to the wilderness to learn patience and ______________.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)