|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ike think is watching him in the woods?
(a) Old Ben.
(b) An Indian.
(d) An escaped slave.
2. Which of the following does Ike not recall about his first hunting trip?
(a) Bad food.
(b) Rough sheets.
(c) Practicing to aim his gun.
(d) A snowstorm.
3. Why does Old Ben run the other bears off?
(a) He is the head bear.
(b) He is always angry.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He is so huge.
4. How does Ike learn patience?
(a) By aiming his gun and not shooting.
(b) By walking when he wants to run.
(c) By waiting in the rain.
(d) By waiting out a snowstorm.
5. What does Ike do when he becomes lost in the wilderness?
(a) Sits on a log.
(b) Goes to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Ike compare his first hunting trip?
2. What does Ike say is present on all the hunting trips?
3. What is the bear's name in THE BEAR?
4. How long has the narrator been hunting?
5. Whose birthdays are celebrated when the men return to camp in the summer?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)