|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator?
2. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
3. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
(a) Has one mangled paw.
(b) He has a solitary nature.
(c) Has sired 36 cubs.
(d) Is a legend because of his destruction.
4. What does Ike take in place of his gun when he returns to look for Old Ben?
(a) A stick.
(b) A sword.
(c) A rope.
(d) A knife.
5. What does Ike think of Old Ben when he finally sees him?
(a) He is not as big as he has always imagined.
(b) He is beautiful.
(c) He is seriously ugly.
(d) He is cowardly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ike say is present on all the hunting trips?
2. What does Ike see in his dreams?
3. When Ike is at his hunting stand-alone, he hears a gunshot and knows that ______________ has been shot.
4. In what month is Old Ben killed?
5. What do Ike and Sam come across when riding together?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)