|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Boon want to buy with a dollar?
(a) A drink.
(b) A shirt.
(c) A bath.
(d) A knife.
2. What is another reason Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
(a) He had lost an arm in the war.
(b) He was in pain all the time.
(c) He had to be a Negro for seventy years.
(d) He had been a slave all his life.
3. How old is the narrator of the story?
4. Who is the man who sells the whiskey to Boon and Ike?
(a) Mr. Samuels.
(b) Mr. Simpson.
(c) Mr. Semmes.
(d) Mr. Salisbury.
5. Why does Ike throw down his gun during the attack on Old Ben?
(a) To run away.
(b) To grab his dog.
(c) To use his bow and arrow.
(d) To get bullets out of his pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Ike compare his first hunting trip?
2. Many years later, Ike thinks about the incident and realizes that _________ knew what killed the colt.
3. Sam says that Lion does not care for ________________-.
4. Who is the cook on the hunting trip?
5. What is Ike able to smell in the woods?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)