|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sam tell Ike that Old Ben stays away from him?
(a) Because of his gun.
(b) Because he likes Ike.
(c) Because he doesn't like humans.
(d) Because Ike can smell him.
2. What does Ike see when he looks up from pondering the ground around him?
(a) Old Ben.
(b) An Indian tracker.
(c) A doe.
(d) The sky.
3. After inspecting the tracks, what does General Compson think got the colt?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A panther.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A human.
4. How does Ike learn patience?
(a) By waiting in the rain.
(b) By waiting out a snowstorm.
(c) By aiming his gun and not shooting.
(d) By walking when he wants to run.
5. Ike decides to dedicate his life to the wilderness to learn patience and ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color eyes does the dog have?
2. Ike feels that Sam is a _____________.
3. How old is the narrator when he goes on his first hunting trip?
4. What is the dog doing in Sam's hut?
5. What does General Compson say happened to the colt?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)