|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam have shut in his hut?
(a) An Indian.
(b) A child.
(c) A woman.
(d) A dog.
2. What color eyes does the dog have?
3. What is one of the reasons Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
(a) He was sad about the state of the world.
(b) He was just too tired all the time.
(c) He was really sick.
(d) He had no more family still alive.
4. When Ike is at his hunting stand-alone, he hears a gunshot and knows that ______________ has been shot.
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A buck.
(c) A doe.
(d) Old Ben.
5. What does Ike see in his dreams?
(a) Old Ben.
(b) A pretty girl.
(c) A hunting dog.
(d) A new rifle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the dog weigh?
2. What does Ike say is present on all the hunting trips?
3. How old is the narrator of the story?
4. What is missing from camp when Ike is 14?
5. Who shows up at camp to take Ike home?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)