|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ike able to smell in the woods?
(a) Moldy leaves.
(b) Gun smoke.
(c) The odor of fear.
(d) Old campfires.
2. Who does Ike think is watching him in the woods?
(a) An escaped slave.
(b) An Indian.
(d) Old Ben.
3. What is one of the reasons Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
(a) He was just too tired all the time.
(b) He had no more family still alive.
(c) He was really sick.
(d) He was sad about the state of the world.
4. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
(a) An Indian tracker.
(b) A better rifle.
(c) Better instincts.
(d) The right dog.
5. What is the name of the dog Sam is training?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ike feels that Sam is a _____________.
2. When Ike is at his hunting stand-alone, he hears a gunshot and knows that ______________ has been shot.
3. Which of the following does Ike not recall about his first hunting trip?
4. Ike takes his new gun and ______________ with him when he goes out to look for Old Ben.
5. How old is the narrator when he goes on his first hunting trip?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)