|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another reason Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
(a) He was in pain all the time.
(b) He had been a slave all his life.
(c) He had to be a Negro for seventy years.
(d) He had lost an arm in the war.
2. Ike takes his new gun and ______________ with him when he goes out to look for Old Ben.
(a) A knapsack.
(b) A compass.
(c) A canteen.
(d) A bedroll.
3. What do Ike and Sam come across when riding together?
(a) An abandoned mill.
(b) Old Ben's paw mark.
(c) A waterfall.
(d) A cabin.
4. Ike decides to dedicate his life to the wilderness to learn patience and ______________.
5. Which of the following does not go on the narrator's first hunting trip?
(a) Major deSpain.
(b) General Compson.
(c) Edgar MacKenzie.
(d) Cousin McCaslin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe Ike's feelings when he compares himself to the timeless woods?
2. What does Ike see when he looks up from pondering the ground around him?
3. Which of the men develops a liking for Lion when the next November hunting trip comes around?
4. Ike notices that the dogs on the hunt can't find _____________.
5. Who is the mentor to the narrator?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)