|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
2. What does General Compson say happened to the colt?
(a) It was shot by mistake.
(b) A panther got it.
(c) It ran away.
(d) It was stolen.
3. Ike decides to dedicate his life to the wilderness to learn patience and ______________.
4. Sam's plan is to alternate feeding and starving the dog until ____________________.
(a) He can trust.
(b) He can be touched.
(c) He can be trained.
(d) He can track.
5. Which of the following does not go on the narrator's first hunting trip?
(a) Edgar MacKenzie.
(b) Cousin McCaslin.
(c) General Compson.
(d) Major deSpain.
Short Answer Questions
1. After inspecting the tracks, what does General Compson think got the colt?
2. The wild dog is part mastiff and part _____________.
3. What is one of the reasons Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
4. What does Ike think of Old Ben when he finally sees him?
5. The opening line of Chapter 2 is "So he should have hated and feared _____________."
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)