|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not attributed to Old Ben?
(a) Has sired 36 cubs.
(b) He has a solitary nature.
(c) Is a legend because of his destruction.
(d) Has one mangled paw.
2. Ike feels that Boon is a _______________.
(a) Hard worker.
(c) Trustworthy person.
(d) Religious zealot.
3. What does Mr. Semmes give Boon as a bonus with the whiskey order?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A plug of tobacco.
(c) A keg of beer.
(d) An extra bottle of whiskey.
4. After inspecting the tracks, what does General Compson think got the colt?
(a) A human.
(b) A panther.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A cougar.
5. How old is the narrator of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many strangers have shown up in camp to watch the hunt for Old Ben?
2. Who is sent to get a doctor?
3. Where do the men have to follow Old Ben after the dogs find his trail?
4. Ike decides to dedicate his life to the wilderness to learn patience and ______________.
5. Which of the following does Boon not do for Lion?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)