|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Boon and Ike miss the first train back?
(a) Boon gets sick.
(b) They want a good dinner and a bath.
(c) They decide to do some sightseeing.
(d) Boon is drunk.
2. Who is the narrator?
3. The following November, who shoots at Old Ben and draws blood?
(a) Major deSpain.
(d) General Compson.
4. What does Sam have shut in his hut?
(a) A woman.
(b) A dog.
(c) An Indian.
(d) A child.
5. How does Ike learn patience?
(a) By waiting out a snowstorm.
(b) By aiming his gun and not shooting.
(c) By walking when he wants to run.
(d) By waiting in the rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ike is at his hunting stand-alone, he hears a gunshot and knows that ______________ has been shot.
2. For whom does Boon want to ride to get a doctor after Old Ben is killed?
3. What is the dog doing in Sam's hut?
4. Which of the following does not go on the narrator's first hunting trip?
5. What do Ike and Sam agree they need to hunt Old Ben?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)