|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to several of the dogs other than Lion on the hunting trips?
(a) They have been killed by Old Ben.
(b) They were attacked by panthers.
(c) They just ran away and never came back.
(d) They died of old age.
2. Why does Sam say this dog will be able to hunt Old Ben?
(a) He is tenacious.
(b) He is young.
(c) He cannot be tamed.
(d) He is a trained hunting dog.
3. General Compson describes Ike as _______________ due to his life experiences in the wilderness.
(a) A trapper.
(b) A hero.
(c) An old man.
(d) A nature boy.
4. Which of the following does the doctor not do when he arrives in camp?
(a) Sews up Lion's wounds.
(b) Cleans up Boon's wounds.
(c) Gives Ike a rabies shot.
(d) Checks on Sam's condition.
5. Which one of the men finds the dead colt?
(a) Major deSpain.
(c) General Compson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is responsible for cooking in the camp?
2. Why does the group return to camp the following summer?
3. Why does Old Ben run the other bears off?
4. What does Ike see when he looks up from pondering the ground around him?
5. Why does Sam tell Ike that Old Ben stays away from him?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)