|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to McCaslin, men fought the Civil War because of their love of the land and ______________.
2. Ike notices that the dogs on the hunt can't find _____________.
(a) The trail.
(c) Their way home.
(d) Their tails.
3. Ike believes that his grandfather who bought the land actually bought nothing because ______________________________.
(a) It was a battlefield.
(b) He never got a deed.
(c) There was an Indian burial ground on it.
(d) The man who sold it never truly owned it.
4. What is the name of the dog Sam is training?
5. Who is the young man who shows up at age 21 looking for his inheritance?
(a) Lucas Quartus.
(b) Lucas Quinn.
(c) Luke Quincetera.
(d) Lucas Quintus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
2. With what has Ike become familiar during his time as a woodsman?
3. Ike describes the slaves' inability to _____________ after the Civil War.
4. What is the dog doing in Sam's hut?
5. Ike's father and uncle were __________.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)