|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the men find Sam when they return to camp?
(a) Dead and wrapped in a bundle.
(b) Cooking breakfast.
(c) Shaking with fever.
(d) Coughing with pneumonia.
2. What is missing from camp when Ike is 14?
(b) A gun.
(c) A colt.
3. Why does Ike say that black people will endure?
(a) They have iron clad constitutions.
(b) They are better people than whites.
(c) They have nothing to lose.
(d) They have stronger family ties.
4. Who was the man who sold the land to grandfather?
5. Ike recalls a time when he bought ______________.
(a) New boots.
(b) A wild pony.
(c) A suede hat.
(d) A new suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ike think is the father of the slave girl's child?
2. Who is the man who sells the whiskey to Boon and Ike?
3. For what do the men send Boon to town?
4. Ike believes that his grandfather who bought the land actually bought nothing because ______________________________.
5. What does Ike's wife do in order to persuade him to move to the family farm?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)