|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do the men send Boon to town?
(a) To buy food and coffee.
(b) To buy whiskey.
(c) To get fresh horses.
(d) To get more blankets.
2. What is another reason Ike thinks Sam must be glad his life is almost over?
(a) He had to be a Negro for seventy years.
(b) He had lost an arm in the war.
(c) He was in pain all the time.
(d) He had been a slave all his life.
3. How many times is Old Ben spotted that first day of that hunting season?
4. Why does Ike say that black people will endure?
(a) They have stronger family ties.
(b) They are better people than whites.
(c) They have nothing to lose.
(d) They have iron clad constitutions.
5. What does Boon hit when he misses while shooting at a black man?
(a) A black woman.
(b) A dog.
(c) A horse.
(d) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. The wild dog is part mastiff and part _____________.
2. What month is it when Chapter 3 begins?
3. Which of the following is not part of the ledger that Ike reads?
4. Which of the following is not a topic in the poem that McCaslin reads?
5. What does Sam have shut in his hut?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)