|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Ike not mention when describing the South?
(a) The music.
(b) The cotton industry.
(d) The history of the natives.
2. The family ledger itemizes the purchase of ____________.
3. Ike believes that his grandfather who bought the land actually bought nothing because ______________________________.
(a) It was a battlefield.
(b) There was an Indian burial ground on it.
(c) The man who sold it never truly owned it.
(d) He never got a deed.
4. Sam says that Lion does not care for ________________-.
5. The ledger notes a legacy to be given to ________________________.
(c) The son of an unmarried slave girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Boon and Ike miss the first train back?
2. Why does Sam say this dog will be able to hunt Old Ben?
3. What was in the cup that Ike was not allowed to open until he was 21?
4. Ike recalls a time when he bought ______________.
5. For whom does Boon want to ride to get a doctor after Old Ben is killed?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)