|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Rys's pet rooster?
2. About how many people did Jan say were rescued through the zoo?
3. Who did the German soldier blame for a fire at the barracks on the zoo grounds?
(d) The Underground.
4. During the third winter of the war, which room was the only one in the villa the Zabinskis were able to heat?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The office.
5. How was the siege on the Ghetto that was meant to remove or kill the remaining Jews there ended?
(a) The Jews succeeded in pushing the Germans out of the Ghetto.
(b) The remaining Jews were lined up in the streets and shot.
(c) The Germans burned everything.
(d) The Jews were all taken to concentration camps.
6. What animal did Magdalena Gross sculpt as a gift for Jan?
(a) A starling.
(b) A bison.
(c) A camel.
(d) An elephant.
7. Who were the Sables?
(a) The Kokot family.
(b) The Tenenbaum family.
(c) The Kenigswein family.
(d) The Fraenkel family.
8. What did the villa Guests do to let Jan know they did not like the way he was treating Antonina?
(a) Gave him the silent treatement.
(b) Wrote him a letter.
(c) Locked him out of the villa.
(d) Talked to him about his behavior.
9. What unusual food did Wicek like to eat?
10. What did Himmler study before the war?
11. What talent did Fox Man entertain the Guests with?
(b) Telling stories.
(c) Playing piano.
12. What was Janusz Korczak's real name?
(a) Szymon Tenenbaum.
(b) Maurycy Fraenkel.
(c) Henryk Goldszmit.
(d) Adam Englert.
13. What word was used to refer to a Jewish hiding place that had been discovered?
14. Where did Szczurcio hide when he escaped his cage?
(a) Under Rys's bed.
(b) In the Pheasant House.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the chimney.
15. What did Fox Man use as a wet nurse for the baby foxes?
(a) A pig.
(b) His cat.
(c) A stuffed animal with bottles attached to it.
(d) A muskrat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words best describes Magdalena's personality?
2. What practice did Rabbi Shapira engage in to help himself deal with the suffering in the Ghetto?
3. Which Guest's leaving made Antonina the most sad?
4. What were Jews passing as Aryans called?
5. What did Antonina do to try to draw less attention to the Kenigsweins so they could be moved?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)