|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Jews passing as Aryans called?
2. What were the people at the villa doing when they heard a rustling in the bushes by the window?
(a) Eating dinner.
(c) Listening to Fox Man play the piano.
(d) Cleaning the house.
3. What did Jan give the German president that changed his mind about reopening the Warsaw Zoo?
(a) A plan for opening a substandard zoo.
(b) An inflated budget estimate.
(c) A bribe.
(d) A plan that did not include any German animals.
4. What job did Antonina give Genia to disguise her while she lived at the zoo?
5. What medical procedure did Jewish men sometimes have to help them pass as Aryan?
(a) Removal of tattoos.
(c) Foreskin reconstruction.
6. Where is Szymon Tenenbaum's insect collection today?
(a) The Warsaw Zoo.
(b) The Natural History Museum.
(c) The State Zoological Museum.
(d) It has been destroyed.
7. What word was used to refer to a Jewish hiding place that had been discovered?
8. Why was the school Jan taught at while he was part of the Underground called a "flying university?"
(a) Because they taught people how to fly planes.
(b) Because the students had to learn at an extremely fast pace.
(c) Because the location moved to avoid detection.
(d) Because their symbol was a bird.
9. Who kept vigil with Rys while he waited for his father to return at curfew?
(b) Wicek and Kuba.
(c) Maurycy and Magdalena.
(d) Fox Man's parakeets.
10. What is another name for the bottle grenades that Jews in the Ghetto used as a defense against the Germans?
(a) Gasoline grenade.
(b) German growler.
(c) Bottle bomb.
(d) Molotov cocktail.
11. What was the name of Antonina's children's book about lynxes?
(a) Tofi and Tufa.
(c) A Lynx Tale.
(d) The Wild Lynx.
12. What excuse did Irena Sendler use to gain access to the Ghetto?
(a) Starting a school for the Jewish children.
(b) Checking for illegal marriages.
(c) Running an orphanage.
(d) Setting up a station to deal with infectious diseases.
13. What name did the Zabinskis call Witold Wroblewski?
(a) Fox Man.
(b) Janusz Korczak.
(c) Dr. Muller.
14. What was the name of Rys's pet rooster?
15. How did Janina Buchholtz, a member of Zegota, help Jan and Antonina rescue Jews?
(a) She brought them food.
(b) She gave them money.
(c) She provided false documents for the Jews.
(d) She snuck Jews out of the Ghetto disguised as her patients and brought them to the zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does the author speculate caused Antonina to be bedridden?
2. What did Antonina do to try to draw less attention to the Kenigsweins so they could be moved?
3. What did the villa Guests do to let Jan know they did not like the way he was treating Antonina?
4. Which of the following words best describes Magdalena's personality?
5. What did the orphans call Janusz Korczak?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)