|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual food did Wicek like to eat?
2. What had the boys that Jan discovered hiding in the bushes at the villa done that they needed to hide at the zoo?
(a) Bombed a haystack.
(b) Set fire to German gas tanks.
(c) Snuck a Jewish boy out of the Ghetto.
(d) Shot a German.
3. What animal is thought to be the cause of the death of much of Napoleon's army?
4. What kind of face did Nazi Posters depict Jewish people as having?
5. What was Magdalena Gross's cryptonym?
6. What word was used to refer to a Jewish hiding place that had been discovered?
7. What animal did Magdalena Gross sculpt as a gift for Jan?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A bison.
(c) A starling.
(d) A camel.
8. What was Maurycy Fraenkel's profession?
9. What was the name of Szymon Tenenbaum's wife?
10. Where did Szczurcio hide when he escaped his cage?
(a) In the chimney.
(b) In the garden.
(c) Under Rys's bed.
(d) In the Pheasant House.
11. What did Antonina convince the German soldier was the cause of the fire at the barracks on the zoo grounds?
(a) An act of sabotage.
(c) A cigarette left by a German soldier.
(d) An electrical short.
12. Why did Rys tell his mother he knew more about keeping wartime secrets than she did?
(a) Because she was a woman.
(b) Because he was smarter than she was.
(c) Because he was the one who fed the Guests in the animal enclosures.
(d) Because Jan had told Rys secrets that he had not told Antonina.
13. What did Magdalena compare Antonina to when Jan was praising her for managing the situation with the German soldier during the fire at the barracks?
(a) A lioness.
(b) A mother badger.
(c) A chimpanzee.
(d) A fox.
14. What was the cryptonym for the Council to Aid the Jews?
15. What name did the Zabinskis call Witold Wroblewski?
(a) Janusz Korczak.
(c) Fox Man.
(d) Dr. Muller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Janusz Korczak's real name?
2. What did Himmler study before the war?
3. How did Janina Buchholtz, a member of Zegota, help Jan and Antonina rescue Jews?
4. What practice did Rabbi Shapira engage in to help himself deal with the suffering in the Ghetto?
5. How many boxes did Antonina recall there were in Szymon Tenenbaum's insect collection?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)