|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal was Rys's pet named Morys?
2. What were the racist laws that governed how much Jewish blood a person could have without being "tainted" called?
(a) The Nuremberg laws.
(b) Hitler's Edicts.
(c) The Himmler laws.
(d) The Aryan laws.
3. What book did Antonina and Rys read while Lutz Heck's shooting party was going on at the zoo?
(a) Tarzan of the Apes.
(b) Robinson Crusoe.
(c) A Tale of Two Cities.
(d) Oliver Twist.
4. Who did Antonina and Rys stay with when Jan was first ordered to join the army and the zoo was evacuated?
(a) Antonina's mother.
(b) Antonina's sister-in-law.
(c) Jan's mother.
(d) Rys's teacher.
5. What was Antonina's father's occupation?
(c) Railroad engineer.
6. Why did Jan and Antonina think Lutz Heck might help them?
(a) He was a trustworthy man.
(b) He was sweet on Antonina.
(c) He was a friend of Jan's father.
(d) He was sympathetic to the Jews.
7. What was the punishment for harboring a Jew?
(a) 20 years in prison.
(b) Public flogging.
(c) An enormous fine.
8. Who urged the people of Warsaw to accept Poland's surrender peacefully?
(b) The mayor.
(c) General Rommel.
(d) Lutz Heck.
9. Which of the following is an extinct animal that Lutz Heck hoped to re-create?
(a) Giant sloth.
(d) Saber toothed cat.
10. Where did Jan build an ammunitions dump for the Home Army?
(a) The elephant enclosure.
(b) The Pheasant House.
(c) Near the rabbit hutch.
(d) In the basement of the villa.
11. What language was illegal to speak in Warsaw during the German occupation?
12. What is an aurochs?
(a) A bird.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bull.
(d) A bison.
13. When Antonina ventured outside of the store they were sheltered in, what did she see falling from the sky?
(b) Parachutes attached to supplies for the Germans.
14. Who helped Jan to return to Warsaw during the initial battle?
(a) Maurycy Fraenkel.
(b) Adam Englert.
(c) Lutz Heck.
(d) Dr. Muller.
15. What did the people of Warsaw gather in the streets to see after Poland surrendered?
(a) The animals escaping from the zoo.
(b) Hitler delivering a speech.
(c) The Polish soldiers being taken to a POW camp.
(d) The German army entering the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tree drew bees to the zoo?
2. How many people were confined to the 20 blocks that constituted the Ghetto?
3. What was Rys told about the Guests who stayed at the zoo?
4. What did the Germans refuse to purchase for the pigs?
5. What kind of store did Antonina and Rys seek shelter in when Antonina thought the fourth floor apartment was not safe?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)