|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31 - 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What act of sabotage did Rys and his friend plan to undertake?
(a) Bombing a haystack.
(b) Burning the German weapons hold at the zoo.
(c) Vandalizing a German officer's house.
(d) Derailing a train.
2. What did Rys find the boys who hid in the Pheasant House surrounded by when he went in to introduce himself?
3. Who did Antonina and Rys stay with when Jan was first ordered to join the army and the zoo was evacuated?
(a) Antonina's mother.
(b) Antonina's sister-in-law.
(c) Jan's mother.
(d) Rys's teacher.
4. What theory did Lutz Heck reject?
(a) The theory of hybrid vigor.
(b) The theory of animal psychology.
(c) The theory of ethical treatment of zoo animals.
(d) The theory of enrichment for zoo animals.
5. What was Rys told about the Guests who stayed at the zoo?
(a) That they were all colleagues of his father.
(b) That he had to keep them a secret.
(c) That they were fellow zookeepers.
(d) That they were German soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Regina Kenigswein compare the Zabinskis' home to in an interview after the war?
2. What condition does the author speculate caused Antonina to be bedridden?
3. What did Rys and one of the Kokot boys go into the woods to get?
4. How many men were in the Home Army at the time of the Uprising in 1944?
5. Where were the valuables from the villa hidden before Antonina, Fox Man, and the others left?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)