|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31 - 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the zoo's cryptonym?
(a) The Monkey House.
(b) The House Under a Crazy Star.
(c) The House Under a Full Moon.
(d) The Lynx House.
2. What does Rys mean in Polish?
3. Who did Jan meet while on a daily bicycle tour of the zoo?
(d) Fox Man.
4. What did Jan give the German president that changed his mind about reopening the Warsaw Zoo?
(a) A plan that did not include any German animals.
(b) A bribe.
(c) A plan for opening a substandard zoo.
(d) An inflated budget estimate.
5. What excuse did Irena Sendler use to gain access to the Ghetto?
(a) Starting a school for the Jewish children.
(b) Checking for illegal marriages.
(c) Running an orphanage.
(d) Setting up a station to deal with infectious diseases.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people were confined to the 20 blocks that constituted the Ghetto?
2. Where in the zoo did the Germans build a weapons storehouse?
3. What kind of store did Antonina and Rys seek shelter in when Antonina thought the fourth floor apartment was not safe?
4. Why was the school Jan taught at while he was part of the Underground called a "flying university?"
5. What was Szczurcio?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)