|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Danglu Leist?
(a) The German president of Warsaw.
(b) The director of the Berlin Zoo.
(c) The Polish vice president of Warsaw.
(d) One of Hitler's top officers.
2. Why was the school Jan taught at while he was part of the Underground called a "flying university?"
(a) Because the students had to learn at an extremely fast pace.
(b) Because the location moved to avoid detection.
(c) Because they taught people how to fly planes.
(d) Because their symbol was a bird.
3. What task did Antonina sometimes do in the middle of the night?
(a) Midwife a zoo animal.
(c) Cleaning animal cages.
4. Who did Jan meet while on a daily bicycle tour of the zoo?
(d) Fox Man.
5. Where did Ewa Brzuska (Granny) hide Jews who were on their way to other locations?
(a) In her grocery store.
(b) In her lampshade shop.
(c) In her kitchen.
(d) In her barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Antonina that the Polish army was planning to surrender?
2. What did Rys do during the winter days when Jan was at work?
3. What were the race of "pure" humans that the Nazis sought to create called?
4. What unusual food did Wicek like to eat?
5. What was Antonina's father's occupation?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)