|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the zoo's cryptonym?
(a) The House Under a Crazy Star.
(b) The Monkey House.
(c) The House Under a Full Moon.
(d) The Lynx House.
2. Where did Ewa Brzuska (Granny) hide Jews who were on their way to other locations?
(a) In her barn.
(b) In her grocery store.
(c) In her kitchen.
(d) In her lampshade shop.
3. What element of zoo design did Lutz Heck advocate for?
(a) Small animal enclosures.
(b) Enclosures that resembled the animals' natural habitats.
(c) Barred cages that made it easy for people to view the animals.
(d) An open safari-like zoo.
4. What does Rys mean in Polish?
5. Where in the zoo did the Germans build a weapons storehouse?
(a) In the basement of the villa.
(b) The polar bear enclosure.
(c) The Pheasant House.
(d) The lions' island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Morys?
2. What did the Germans refuse to purchase for the pigs?
3. What were the race of "pure" humans that the Nazis sought to create called?
4. What was Jan collecting in the boxes he placed on shelves in the villa's kitchen?
5. What language was illegal to speak in Warsaw during the German occupation?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)