|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Danglu Leist?
(a) One of Hitler's top officers.
(b) The director of the Berlin Zoo.
(c) The Polish vice president of Warsaw.
(d) The German president of Warsaw.
2. What was explorer Ernst Schafer sent to locate?
(a) The Garden of Eden.
(b) The Holy Grail.
(c) A pure tarpan.
(d) The roots of the Aryan race.
3. What did Lutz Heck take from the Warsaw Zoo in addition to valuable animals?
(a) The blueprints for the zoo.
(b) The money set aside for feeding the animals.
(c) Rys's pet badger.
(d) Breeding records.
4. What was Lutz Heck's profession before the war?
(a) He was a veterinarian.
(b) He was the director of the Berlin Zoo.
(c) He was a lawyer.
(d) He was a professor at the college Jan attended.
5. What did the people of Warsaw gather in the streets to see after Poland surrendered?
(a) Hitler delivering a speech.
(b) The Polish soldiers being taken to a POW camp.
(c) The German army entering the city.
(d) The animals escaping from the zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal was Rys's pet named Morys?
2. What was the name of the river that bordered the zoo?
3. Who told Antonina that the Polish army was planning to surrender?
4. What did the Germans refuse to purchase for the pigs?
5. How did Jan and Antonina know the German soldier who came to the villa to tell them that Lutz Heck wanted to see them?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)