|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jan's cryptonym?
2. What area of the city was directly across the river from the zoo?
(a) New Berlin.
(b) The Jewish Quarter.
(c) The Polish Marketplace.
(d) Old Town.
3. What is an aurochs?
(a) A bison.
(b) A bull.
(c) A bird.
(d) A horse.
4. What kind of animal was Rys's pet named Morys?
5. What did Hitler do to justify an attack on Poland?
(a) Staged a phony attack on a German border town.
(b) Portrayed the Jews as evil people who needed to be exterminated.
(c) Claimed Poland was building up weapons to attack Germany.
(d) Claimed the Jews were planning to invade Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jan and Antonina know the German soldier who came to the villa to tell them that Lutz Heck wanted to see them?
2. What was Lutz Heck's profession before the war?
3. What did the people of Warsaw gather in the streets to see after Poland surrendered?
4. Who did Jan meet while on a daily bicycle tour of the zoo?
5. What element of zoo design did Lutz Heck advocate for?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)