|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Antonina when her parents were killed?
2. According to legend, what did the word Poland sound like in Hebrew that made the Jews want to go there?
(a) Beautiful garden.
(b) Rest here.
3. What was the name of the rhesus monkey that was stealing babies from other monkeys?
4. What was explorer Ernst Schafer sent to locate?
(a) The Garden of Eden.
(b) The Holy Grail.
(c) The roots of the Aryan race.
(d) A pure tarpan.
5. Where did the lynxes that Antonina adopted come from?
(a) A North American wildlife preserve.
(b) The Washington Zoo.
(c) The Bialowieza Forest.
(d) The Berlin Zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the people of Warsaw gather in the streets to see after Poland surrendered?
2. What print did Antonina prefer for her clothing?
3. Where in the zoo did the Germans build a weapons storehouse?
4. What did Lutz Heck take from the Warsaw Zoo in addition to valuable animals?
5. After Antonina heard that the Polish army was going to surrender, who delivered a message to the contrary?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)