|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 - 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song did Antonina play on the piano as a warning signal for the Guests?
(a) I'll Be Seeing You.
(b) Go, go, go to Crete!
(c) The Star Spangled Banner.
(d) Beethoven's Symphony Number Nine.
2. What animal frequently followed Jan around the zoo on his daily bicycle tours?
(a) A lynx.
(b) An elk.
(c) A baby elephant.
(d) A camel.
3. What did Antonina feed the Guests that she passed off as pheasant?
4. What kind of animal was Rys's pet named Morys?
5. Who was Danglu Leist?
(a) The Polish vice president of Warsaw.
(b) The German president of Warsaw.
(c) One of Hitler's top officers.
(d) The director of the Berlin Zoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Rys first hear about the impending war?
2. Where did Ewa Brzuska (Granny) hide Jews who were on their way to other locations?
3. What name did Jewish women with Aryan-sounding names have to change their names to?
4. What did Jan and Antonina do with the dead antelopes, deer, and horses after the initial attack on Warsaw?
5. Where did Jan build an ammunitions dump for the Home Army?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)