|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to legend, what did the word Poland sound like in Hebrew that made the Jews want to go there?
(a) Beautiful garden.
(d) Rest here.
2. Where did Jan build an ammunitions dump for the Home Army?
(a) Near the rabbit hutch.
(b) The Pheasant House.
(c) The elephant enclosure.
(d) In the basement of the villa.
3. Where did Szczurcio hide when he escaped his cage?
(a) In the garden.
(b) Under Rys's bed.
(c) In the Pheasant House.
(d) In the chimney.
4. What did Antonina feed the Guests that she passed off as pheasant?
5. What was the name of Szymon Tenenbaum's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What language was illegal to speak in Warsaw during the German occupation?
2. How did the Polish government smuggle money into Poland while they were exiled and based in London?
3. What did the Germans refuse to purchase for the pigs?
4. What did Maurycy rename the hamster?
5. What happened to the littermates of the baby hamster that Jan gave to Rys?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)