Chapters 1 - 7
• Antonina woke in the morning to the sounds of the zoo animals.
• She was an orphan at the age of nine when her parents were shot during the Russian Revolution.
• Antonina was educated in piano, art, and foreign languages.
• Antonina married Jan and they took over the directorship of the Warsaw Zoo.
• The zoo was a beautiful place to live and the Zabinskis lived their lives according to the schedules of the animals.
• Antonina took care of the sick and orphaned animals.
• Antonina had a special way with animals and could calm even the most difficult of them.
• Jan’s days were filled with typical zoo director tasks like making sure the animals were healthy and that their enclosures were secure.
• Antonina greeted the VIP visitors and led them on tours of the zoo.
• She believed that it was important that humans and animals have contact...
This section contains 2,306 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)