|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is a party from Roanoke sent on land?
2. What is the drawback of using fire to destroy and slow zombies?
3. What is required after an airborne attack on zombies?
4. What should people starting over in a new civilization replace their medicines with?
5. Where should one sleep while traveling through the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why should people never enter the sewers when escaping from a zombie attack?
2. What does Jan Vanderhaven discover?
3. What is the best kind of water vehicle to use for escape?
4. What should be done after the danger of zombies has finally passed?
5. How did the French Foreign Legion survive their first experience with zombies?
6. How is the major zombie attack on the Island of St. Lucia explained away?
7. What should each person in a group carry with them when hunting zombies?
8. How can someone track zombies through a forest?
9. Why are swamps so difficult to hunt zombies in?
10. What should be done if zombies make their way to the open ocean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the main clues the narrator uses to predict the apocalyptic ending, and how does their significance escape the notice of all the other people researching this subject?
Essay Topic 2
How are zombies created, and how does a zombie differ from humans?
Essay Topic 3
Irony is a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where irony is present, and how do these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)