|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two most essential resources needed when choosing a place for a new society?
2. What kind of watery area is impossible to hunt zombies in?
3. What can be used to track zombies underwater?
4. What do zombies attack in Khotan, China?
5. Where should one sleep while traveling through the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What should a group in a new area continue to do once their new colony is established?
2. What should be done if zombies make their way to the open ocean?
3. How can someone track zombies through a forest?
4. How did the French Foreign Legion survive their first experience with zombies?
5. What are the benefits of traveling in a forest while escaping from a zombie attack?
6. What is the best kind of water vehicle to use for escape?
7. How is the major zombie attack on the Island of St. Lucia explained away?
8. Why should people never enter the sewers when escaping from a zombie attack?
9. What does Jan Vanderhaven discover?
10. How long after establishing your colony is it safe to send out a search party, and what should be done if they do not return?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is a zombie killed, and what kind of symbolism lies in this kind of destruction?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use description to bring attention to some of the deeper and hidden themes in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety are two themes that are touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the feeling of the narrative?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)