|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Sextus Tubero from?
2. What do zombies attack in Khotan, China?
3. Where should someone never enter alone?
4. What is appealing about placing a new colony on an island?
5. What should be protected while hunting for zombies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the major zombie attack on the Island of St. Lucia explained away?
2. How long after establishing your colony is it safe to send out a search party, and what should be done if they do not return?
3. What is the first thing that should be done when getting to the designed place of the new civilization?
4. What is the best kind of water vehicle to use for escape?
5. What should be done if zombies make their way to the open ocean?
6. How did Dr. Ibrahim find most of his information about zombies?
7. Why should people never enter the sewers when escaping from a zombie attack?
8. How can someone track zombies through a forest?
9. What happens when Jacob Tailor tries to make a movie in Siberia?
10. What should a group in a new area continue to do once their new colony is established?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Panic and Impulsiveness are big themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they change the narrative style in those sections?
Essay Topic 2
The narrator is a very objective observer of this subject matter. How does this objectivity in his writing and observation affect the feeling of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)