Introduction and The Undead: Myths and Realities: Solanum: The Virus
• The method by which the Solanum Virus works is explained. Solanum was discovered by Jan Vanderhaven.
• There is no immunization for Solanum because any form of it would be just as fatal as the virus. There are no treatments.
• Solanum is passed by bites or other exchanges of fluids. Cutting off the infected limb is effective 10% of the time.
• During the first hour after infection, the wound becomes painful, discolored and clotted. After five hours, the person has a fever, chills, painful joints, vomiting and dementia.
• After eight hours, fever and dementia increase, and there is numbness and loss of muscle control. After eleven hours, the body is numb and paralyzed with a slow heart rate.
• The person lapses into a coma at sixteen hours, and the heart stops after twenty hours. After twenty-three hours, the person reanimates...
This section contains 2,420 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)