|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the moonlight illuminate on the wallpaper?
(a) Roast beef
2. In the last paragraph, what does the narrator do?
(a) Call for help
(b) Walk over John who is in her path
(d) Leave the room and walk out into the dark night
3. When the narrator makes the plan to get off the wallpaper before John notices, how long do they have left at the house?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Two months
(c) Two years
(d) Two days
4. Jennie says what stains all of their clothing?
(a) The wallpaper
(b) Flower pollen
(d) Infant formula
5. What is the profession of the narrator’s husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what point of view is the story written?
2. What does the narrator think is happening to the wallpaper pattern at night?
3. How much time passes before the narration continues after it suddenly stopped in the first section?
4. What does the narrator think about doing to the house “to reach the smell”?
5. John advices the narrator to not allow the what to run away with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the narrator believe she has become by the end of the story?
2. Why does John refuse to repaper the nursery after initially agreeing?
3. What are some indications that the narrator is, in fact, not getting better?
4. What does this quote suggest: “It is so pleasant to be out in this great room and creep around as I please.”
5. What does John do when he sees the narrator creeping around the room?
6. How does the narrator say John feels about intangible things?
7. How does the narrator describe the countryside?
8. Why does the narrator seem jealous when she catches first John, and then Jennie, looking at the wallpaper?
9. Why does the narrator abruptly end her narration in the first few pages?
10. Who does the narrator want to help save the woman in the wallpaper?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)