|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the housekeeper think has made the narrator sick?
(b) Lyme disease
2. In the last paragraph, what does the narrator do?
(a) Call for help
(b) Leave the room and walk out into the dark night
(c) Walk over John who is in her path
3. What holiday passes while the family is staying at the country house?
(b) New Year’s Eve
(d) Fourth of July
4. Which room does the narrator’s husband choose for her room?
(a) The nursery
(b) The parlor
(c) A screened-in porch
(d) A guest apartment suite
5. The story covers the span of what season?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the illness that the narrator is suffering from?
2. What does the narrator believe cultivates deceit?
3. What is torn off in patches in the country house?
4. When the narrator makes the plan to get off the wallpaper before John notices, how long do they have left at the house?
5. John advices the narrator to not allow the what to run away with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John refuse to repaper the nursery after initially agreeing?
2. Who does the narrator want to help save the woman in the wallpaper?
3. How has the major life event that the narrator recently endured affected her mental health?
4. Why have the narrator and her husband rented the summer house?
5. What is suggested by the narrator’s multiple descriptions of the wallpaper?
6. Why is the narrator glad that she is in the nursery and not the baby?
7. What does the woman in the wallpaper do to shake the pattern?
8. Where does the narrator think she sees the woman in the wallpaper?
9. How does the narrator feel about her husband and brother’s prescriptions?
10. Why does the narrator think her husband was able to rent the summer house at such short notice?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)