|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what point of view is the story written?
(a) Third, omniscient
(b) Third, limited
2. Why can’t the door to the nursery be opened?
(a) The narrator has the key and will not unlock it.
(b) It is locked and there is no key
(c) The handle is broken
(d) It is stuck
3. In what genre would this story be categorized?
(a) A novel
(b) A novella
(c) An article
(d) A personal essay
4. What does the narrator initially want to do with a rope?
(a) Use it to escape out the window
(b) Use it to hang the woman
(c) Use it to move the bed from the wall
(d) Use it to tie up the woman if she tries to escape
5. What does John make the narrator drink as a cure?
(a) Cod liver oil
(d) Green tea
6. John calls the narrator back to bed by calling her this name:
(a) Honey Darling
(b) Little girl
7. Who does the narrator plan on helping while John is away?
(a) Her infant
(b) The woman in the wallpaper
8. How much time passes before the narration continues after it suddenly stopped in the first section?
(a) Two months
(b) Three days
(c) One Month
(d) Two weeks
9. What does Jennie not realize that the narrator has?
(b) A chain
(c) A rope
(d) A knife
10. The narrator follows what/whom?
(a) The wallpaper’s pattern around the room
(b) John around the gardens
(c) A horse in the field
(d) Her son around the house
11. What does John force the narrator to do after every meal?
(a) Take a nap
(c) Walk through the garden
(d) Drink coffee
12. What does the narrator try - but fails – to move?
(a) The bed
(b) The chair
(c) The lamp
(d) The desk
13. What does the narrator think that the figure in the wallpaper is trying to do?
(b) Fight the wallpaper pattern
(c) Eat dinner
14. When the narrator makes the plan to get off the wallpaper before John notices, how long do they have left at the house?
(a) Two months
(b) Two days
(c) Two weeks
(d) Two years
15. What is the narrator’s husband’s name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where doesn’t the narrator want to go at the end of the story?
2. How does the narrator describe the “report” that was given?
3. Who does the narrator want to help the woman in the wallpaper?
4. Where does the narrator plan to go at nightfall, describing that it will be difficult to do?
5. What does the narrator “securely fasten” herself with?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)