|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the moonlight illuminate on the wallpaper?
(c) Roast beef
2. Why can’t the door to the nursery be opened?
(a) It is locked and there is no key
(b) It is stuck
(c) The handle is broken
(d) The narrator has the key and will not unlock it.
3. In her fury, what does the narrator bite?
(a) The wallpaper
(b) The bed
(c) The rope
(d) The windowsill
4. What does the narrator throw down into the garden path?
(a) The shreds of wallpaper
(b) The key to the room
(c) The rope
(d) A knife
5. Where does the narrator spend most of her time in the country house?
(a) The nursery
(b) The baby’s room
(c) The back porch
(d) Walking along the garden pathways
6. What does Jennie not realize that the narrator has?
(a) A knife
(b) A chain
(d) A rope
7. How does the narrator describe the “report” that was given?
8. Who or what does think is shaking the wallpaper?
(a) The yellow color
(b) The woman
(c) The pattern
(d) The bars
9. What does the narrator think about doing to the house “to reach the smell”?
(a) Burn the house down
(b) Wash all of the surfaces with ammonia
(c) Re-furnishing the house
(d) Re-paint the house
10. The narrator believes that the wallpaper has a(n) _________.
(a) A feeling
(b) A stain
(c) An odor
(d) An alibi
11. What does John promise the narrator?
(a) A new home
(b) A little trip
(c) Another baby
(d) New books
12. Fill in the blank: As she is peeling the wallpaper off, she thinks that the pattern of heads and bulbous eyes are “shrieking with _________”?
13. Whom does the narrator want to visit?
(a) Her sister Jane and husband
(b) Her mother and Father
(c) Her dog, Jasper, at the city house
(d) Her cousin Henry and Julia
14. Who does the narrator become afraid of?
(d) The baby
15. What is the profession of the narrator’s husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose perspective is the story being told from?
2. Who faints at the end of the story?
3. At the climax of the story, who does the narrator think that she has become?
4. What does the narrator initially want to do with a rope?
5. In what point of view is the story written?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)