|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator say is her one comfort?
(b) The baby
2. The protagonist is narrating her what?
(b) Letter to her mother
(c) Letter to her physician
(d) Article for a woman’s magazine
3. What color stains does Jennie find on their clothing?
4. In her fury, what does the narrator bite?
(a) The bed
(b) The wallpaper
(c) The windowsill
(d) The rope
5. What does John cry for to break down the door?
(a) An axe
(b) A butcher knife
(c) A sledgehammer
(d) A fire poker
Short Answer Questions
1. Who faints at the end of the story?
2. Why does the unnamed protagonist believe that she and her husband were able to rent the mansion for the summer?
3. How long is John gone for toward the end of the story?
4. The narrator believes that the wallpaper has a(n) _________.
5. Fill in the blank: It goes behind every piece of furniture, except the bed, a long, straight, even ________, as if it had been rubbed over and over.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)