|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can’t the figure in the pattern escape?
(a) She needs the narrator to help her
(b) She doesn’t really want to escape
(c) The pattern would strangle her
(d) She can’t find her way out
2. Why does the narrator believe that the figure in the wallpaper is inactive during the day?
(a) She is scared
(b) She is distracted by the wallpaper
(c) She is eating
(d) She is sleeping
3. What does the housekeeper think has made the narrator sick?
(d) Lyme disease
4. Who or what does think is shaking the wallpaper?
(a) The yellow color
(b) The pattern
(c) The woman
(d) The bars
5. The narrator begs John to _______:
(b) Go shopping
(c) Cuddle with her
(d) Bring the baby to her
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does her shoulder “just” fit?
2. Why does the unnamed protagonist believe that she and her husband were able to rent the mansion for the summer?
3. What color stains does Jennie find on their clothing?
4. Fill in the blank: As she is peeling the wallpaper off, she thinks that the pattern of heads and bulbous eyes are “shrieking with _________”?
5. What does the narrator say it looks like the bed has been through?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)