|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the housekeeper?
(b) Weir Mitchell
(c) Jennie, John’s sister
(d) Mary, the nursemaid
2. What does the narrator “securely fasten” herself with?
(a) The drapery
(b) A rope
(c) Restrictive clothing
(d) The bed sheets
3. When does the narrator say the wallpaper becomes clearer?
(a) In the afternoon
(b) In the moonlight
(c) In the morning
(d) In the evening
4. Where does John go toward the end of the story?
(a) To work
(b) To visit family
(c) To the sea
(d) To town
5. Fill in the blank: The narrator is so angry at the climax of the story that she wants to ___________.
(a) Jump out the window
(c) Kill John
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does John ask to give a report about the narrator’s wellbeing?
2. In what point of view is the story written?
3. Why does the narrator stop looking out the windows?
4. What is torn off in patches in the country house?
5. Who does the narrator say is her one comfort?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)