|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who faints at the end of the story?
(b) Weir Mitchell
(c) The narrator
2. Fill in the blank: The narrator is so angry at the climax of the story that she wants to ___________.
(b) Jump out the window
(d) Kill John
3. How does the narrator describe the “report” that was given?
4. Fill in the blank: As she is peeling the wallpaper off, she thinks that the pattern of heads and bulbous eyes are “shrieking with _________”?
5. What does the narrator throw down into the garden path?
(a) A knife
(b) The rope
(c) The key to the room
(d) The shreds of wallpaper
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator plan on helping while John is away?
2. What does the moonlight illuminate on the wallpaper?
3. What does the narrator believe cultivates deceit?
4. What does the narrator say it looks like the bed has been through?
5. What year was this story published?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)