|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator “securely fasten” herself with?
(a) A rope
(b) Restrictive clothing
(c) The drapery
(d) The bed sheets
2. What does Jennie not realize that the narrator has?
(a) A chain
(b) A rope
(d) A knife
3. Fill in the blank: It goes behind every piece of furniture, except the bed, a long, straight, even ________, as if it had been rubbed over and over.
4. What is the illness that the narrator is suffering from?
(a) Severe loneliness
(b) Bi-polar disorder
(c) Post-partum depression
5. The narrator gets up in the middle of the night to do what?
(a) Feel if the wallpaper is moving
(b) Feed her baby
(c) Run away
(d) Get a drink of water
Short Answer Questions
1. In what genre would this story be categorized?
2. In the first section, why does the protagonist’s narration suddenly end?
3. What does the narrator initially want to do with a rope?
4. Who does the narrator say is her one comfort?
5. Why can’t the figure in the pattern escape?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)