|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the “report” that was given?
2. How does the narrator describe the wallpaper’s smell?
(a) A sweet smell
(b) A black smell
(c) A sour smell
(d) A yellow smell
3. Who does John ask to give a report about the narrator’s wellbeing?
(a) Weir Mitchell
(d) The narrator
4. How much time passes before the narration continues after it suddenly stopped in the first section?
(a) One Month
(b) Two weeks
(c) Two months
(d) Three days
5. John’s reason for not taking the narrator away from the summerhouse and frightful bedroom is?
(a) He believes that if she stays she’ll get better
(b) Their lease is up in three weeks
(c) He wants to live there permanently
(d) The baby is ill and cannot travel
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator makes the plan to get off the wallpaper before John notices, how long do they have left at the house?
2. What does the narrator stop mentioning to John and Jennie?
3. At the climax of the story, who does the narrator think that she has become?
4. What does the narrator say she watches always?
5. Why won’t John let the narrator go on her desired visit?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)