|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does John ask to give a report about the narrator’s wellbeing?
(a) The narrator
(b) Weir Mitchell
2. What does the narrator initially want to do with a rope?
(a) Use it to escape out the window
(b) Use it to tie up the woman if she tries to escape
(c) Use it to hang the woman
(d) Use it to move the bed from the wall
3. Fill in the blanks respectively: I _________ at nothing, and ________most of the time.
(a) Cry, laugh
(b) Laugh, cry
(c) Cry, cry
(d) Laugh, laugh
4. The narrator gets up in the middle of the night to do what?
(a) Run away
(b) Get a drink of water
(c) Feel if the wallpaper is moving
(d) Feed her baby
5. When does the narrator think the woman in the wallpaper gets out?
(a) During the daytime
(b) When she is hungry
(c) When she is tired
(d) During the nighttime
Short Answer Questions
1. In what genre would this story be categorized?
2. In what point of view is the story written?
3. What does the narrator think is happening to the wallpaper pattern at night?
4. When does the narrator say the wallpaper becomes clearer?
5. What color stains does Jennie find on their clothing?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)