|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time passes before the narration continues after it suddenly stopped in the first section?
(a) Two months
(b) Two weeks
(c) One Month
(d) Three days
2. What does the narrator think is happening to the wallpaper pattern at night?
(a) It is peeling itself off of the wall
(b) It is shaking
(c) It is humming
(d) It is talking to her
3. Where does the narrator’s husband take her at the beginning of the story?
(a) On a carriage ride
(b) A country house for the summer
(d) A wellness spa in Biarritz
4. Fill in the blanks respectively: I _________ at nothing, and ________most of the time.
(a) Cry, laugh
(b) Cry, cry
(c) Laugh, laugh
(d) Laugh, cry
5. Which room does the narrator’s husband choose for her room?
(a) A screened-in porch
(b) The parlor
(c) A guest apartment suite
(d) The nursery
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first section, why does the protagonist’s narration suddenly end?
2. When does the narrator think the woman in the wallpaper gets out?
3. The story covers the span of what season?
4. The narrator believes that the wallpaper has a(n) _________.
5. Who does the narrator become afraid of?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)