|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the narrator want to visit?
(a) Her cousin Henry and Julia
(b) Her mother and Father
(c) Her sister Jane and husband
(d) Her dog, Jasper, at the city house
2. Why won’t John let the narrator go on her desired visit?
(a) It is too costly to travel
(b) He believes it isn’t necessary
(c) He believes that she hasn’t the strength
(d) He doesn’t think it will be good if she leaves the baby
3. Where does the narrator’s husband take her at the beginning of the story?
(a) A wellness spa in Biarritz
(b) On a carriage ride
(c) A country house for the summer
4. Why can’t the figure in the pattern escape?
(a) She needs the narrator to help her
(b) The pattern would strangle her
(c) She can’t find her way out
(d) She doesn’t really want to escape
5. In the first section, why does the protagonist’s narration suddenly end?
(a) She has nothing else to say
(b) Her husband is coming
(c) She is out of paper
(d) She falls asleep
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the unnamed protagonist believe that she and her husband were able to rent the mansion for the summer?
2. How does the narrator describe the “report” that was given?
3. What does John promise the narrator?
4. Who does the narrator think she sees creeping outside her windows?
5. In what genre would this story be categorized?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)