|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator plan on helping while John is away?
(b) The woman in the wallpaper
(d) Her infant
2. The narrator gets up in the middle of the night to do what?
(a) Run away
(b) Feel if the wallpaper is moving
(c) Feed her baby
(d) Get a drink of water
3. In the last paragraph, what does the narrator do?
(a) Leave the room and walk out into the dark night
(c) Call for help
(d) Walk over John who is in her path
4. What year was this story published?
5. What does the narrator think is happening to the wallpaper pattern at night?
(a) It is peeling itself off of the wall
(b) It is shaking
(c) It is talking to her
(d) It is humming
Short Answer Questions
1. In what point of view is the story written?
2. Who faints at the end of the story?
3. Fill in the blank: The narrator is so angry at the climax of the story that she wants to ___________.
4. At the climax of the story, who does the narrator think that she has become?
5. Who does the narrator say is her one comfort?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)