|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blanks respectively: I _________ at nothing, and ________most of the time.
(a) Laugh, cry
(b) Cry, cry
(c) Cry, laugh
(d) Laugh, laugh
2. In what genre would this story be categorized?
(a) A novella
(b) A personal essay
(c) An article
(d) A novel
3. What does the narrator think that the figure in the wallpaper is trying to do?
(c) Fight the wallpaper pattern
(d) Eat dinner
4. Why does the narrator stop looking out the windows?
(a) She’s afraid she’ll jump out
(b) She doesn’t want John to see her
(c) It is making her feel dizzy
(d) She sees lots of creeping women
5. The protagonist is narrating her what?
(a) Article for a woman’s magazine
(b) Letter to her physician
(d) Letter to her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think John is looking at when he is in the room?
2. In the first section, why does the protagonist’s narration suddenly end?
3. The narrator believes that the wallpaper has a(n) _________.
4. The narrator follows what/whom?
5. The narrator gets up in the middle of the night to do what?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)