|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what genre would this story be categorized?
(a) A personal essay
(b) A novella
(c) A novel
(d) An article
2. Who does the narrator say is her one comfort?
(a) The baby
3. Why does the narrator believe that the figure in the wallpaper is inactive during the day?
(a) She is scared
(b) She is eating
(c) She is distracted by the wallpaper
(d) She is sleeping
4. Who or what does think is shaking the wallpaper?
(a) The yellow color
(b) The pattern
(c) The woman
(d) The bars
5. In the last paragraph, what does the narrator do?
(a) Leave the room and walk out into the dark night
(c) Walk over John who is in her path
(d) Call for help
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator want to help the woman in the wallpaper?
2. What is the profession of the narrator’s husband?
3. The narrator follows what/whom?
4. Who does John ask to give a report about the narrator’s wellbeing?
5. The narrator believes that the wallpaper has a(n) _________.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)