|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What figure becomes very clear in moonlight, clearer than before: “plain as can be.”
(a) A child
(b) An infant
(c) A woman
(d) A man
2. The story covers the span of what season?
3. Who does the narrator want to help the woman in the wallpaper?
4. Fill in the blank: It goes behind every piece of furniture, except the bed, a long, straight, even ________, as if it had been rubbed over and over.
5. John calls the narrator back to bed by calling her this name:
(b) Honey Darling
(c) Little girl
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think about doing to the house “to reach the smell”?
2. In what point of view is the story written?
3. When does the narrator think the woman in the wallpaper gets out?
4. Who is the housekeeper?
5. In the opening pages, what does the narrator’s husband not believe?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)