|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday passes while the family is staying at the country house?
(c) Fourth of July
(d) New Year’s Eve
2. What does the narrator believe cultivates deceit?
(a) Watching the wallpaper
(b) Lying awake during the sanctioned naptimes
(c) Writing in her journal
(d) Eating sweets when no one is looking
3. Fill in the blanks respectively: I _________ at nothing, and ________most of the time.
(a) Cry, laugh
(b) Laugh, cry
(c) Laugh, laugh
(d) Cry, cry
4. Which room does the narrator’s husband choose for her room?
(a) A guest apartment suite
(b) The nursery
(c) The parlor
(d) A screened-in porch
5. In what point of view is the story written?
(a) Third, limited
(c) Third, omniscient
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can’t the figure in the pattern escape?
2. The narrator describes the wallpaper having a recurrent spot where the pattern lolls like a broken neck and _____________
3. What is torn off in patches in the country house?
4. What type of figure does the narrator believe she sees in the pattern?
5. Where doesn’t the narrator want to go at the end of the story?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)