|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator follows what/whom?
(a) John around the gardens
(b) Her son around the house
(c) A horse in the field
(d) The wallpaper’s pattern around the room
2. What does the narrator do while John is gone?
(a) Shreds the sheets
(b) Runs away
(c) Peels the wallpaper
(d) Jumps out the window
3. In her fury, what does the narrator bite?
(a) The wallpaper
(b) The rope
(c) The windowsill
(d) The bed
4. What does the narrator stop mentioning to John and Jennie?
(a) The sickness
(b) The nursery
(c) The wallpaper
(d) The baby
5. What year was this story published?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator begs John to _______:
2. Where does John go toward the end of the story?
3. Who does the narrator say is her one comfort?
4. Who or what does think is shaking the wallpaper?
5. John’s reason for not taking the narrator away from the summerhouse and frightful bedroom is?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)