|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator gets up in the middle of the night to do what?
(a) Run away
(b) Get a drink of water
(c) Feel if the wallpaper is moving
(d) Feed her baby
2. Who does the narrator plan on helping while John is away?
(c) The woman in the wallpaper
(d) Her infant
3. What does the narrator “securely fasten” herself with?
(a) Restrictive clothing
(b) A rope
(c) The bed sheets
(d) The drapery
4. In the opening pages, what does the narrator’s husband not believe?
(a) How expensive the summer home is
(b) That women should be allowed to vote
(c) That the baby is his
(d) That the narrator is sick
5. How much time passes before the narration continues after it suddenly stopped in the first section?
(a) Two weeks
(b) One Month
(c) Two months
(d) Three days
Short Answer Questions
1. The story covers the span of what season?
2. Fill in the blank: As she is peeling the wallpaper off, she thinks that the pattern of heads and bulbous eyes are “shrieking with _________”?
3. John calls the narrator back to bed by calling her this name:
4. John advices the narrator to not allow the what to run away with her?
5. The narrator describes the wallpaper having a recurrent spot where the pattern lolls like a broken neck and _____________
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)