|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator spend most of her time in the country house?
(a) The nursery
(b) The back porch
(c) Walking along the garden pathways
(d) The baby’s room
2. Who does the narrator think she sees creeping outside her windows?
(d) The woman in the wallpaper
3. Where doesn’t the narrator want to go at the end of the story?
(b) To the kitchen
(d) To the nursery
4. Who or what does think is shaking the wallpaper?
(a) The woman
(b) The bars
(c) The yellow color
(d) The pattern
5. Where does John go toward the end of the story?
(a) To visit family
(b) To the sea
(c) To town
(d) To work
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of figure does the narrator believe she sees in the pattern?
2. When does the narrator say the wallpaper becomes clearer?
3. Who carries the narrator upstairs to her room?
4. What does the narrator initially want to do with a rope?
5. Where does the narrator plan to go at nightfall, describing that it will be difficult to do?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)