|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator describes the wallpaper having a recurrent spot where the pattern lolls like a broken neck and _____________
(a) an eyeless face sneers at you
(b) two bulbous eyes stare at you upside down
(c) it scares me
(d) a scabrous mouth opens again and again, as if screaming
2. The narrator follows what/whom?
(a) The wallpaper’s pattern around the room
(b) A horse in the field
(c) John around the gardens
(d) Her son around the house
3. How much time passes before the narration continues after it suddenly stopped in the first section?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Three days
(c) Two months
(d) One Month
4. In her fury, what does the narrator bite?
(a) The windowsill
(b) The bed
(c) The wallpaper
(d) The rope
5. The narrator gets up in the middle of the night to do what?
(a) Get a drink of water
(b) Feed her baby
(c) Run away
(d) Feel if the wallpaper is moving
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator do while John is gone?
2. In the opening pages, what does the narrator’s husband not believe?
3. What is nailed down in the narrator’s room?
4. What does the narrator think that the figure in the wallpaper is trying to do?
5. Where does John go toward the end of the story?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)