|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John cry for to break down the door?
(a) A fire poker
(b) An axe
(c) A butcher knife
(d) A sledgehammer
2. Why does the narrator stop looking out the windows?
(a) She doesn’t want John to see her
(b) It is making her feel dizzy
(c) She’s afraid she’ll jump out
(d) She sees lots of creeping women
3. The protagonist is narrating her what?
(b) Article for a woman’s magazine
(c) Letter to her physician
(d) Letter to her mother
4. What does the narrator initially want to do with a rope?
(a) Use it to hang the woman
(b) Use it to tie up the woman if she tries to escape
(c) Use it to move the bed from the wall
(d) Use it to escape out the window
5. What year was this story published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John force the narrator to do after every meal?
2. What figure becomes very clear in moonlight, clearer than before: “plain as can be.”
3. What does the narrator say it looks like the bed has been through?
4. What does the narrator throw down into the garden path?
5. Whose perspective is the story being told from?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)