|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator believe cultivates deceit?
(a) Eating sweets when no one is looking
(b) Writing in her journal
(c) Lying awake during the sanctioned naptimes
(d) Watching the wallpaper
2. What is nailed down in the narrator’s room?
(a) The reading chair
(b) The bed
(c) The rug
(d) The desk
3. What does John cry for to break down the door?
(a) A butcher knife
(b) A fire poker
(c) An axe
(d) A sledgehammer
4. John thinks the narrator is getting _________ when he talks to her in the night.
(a) The same, and she needs additional time to rest
(b) He does not express his opinion regarding the state of her health
(c) Worse, he’s sending her away to Weir Mitchell
(d) Better, saying that her appetite has returned and her flesh is gaining color
5. The protagonist is narrating her what?
(b) Letter to her physician
(c) Letter to her mother
(d) Article for a woman’s magazine
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator describes the wallpaper having a recurrent spot where the pattern lolls like a broken neck and _____________
2. Whose perspective is the story being told from?
3. Where doesn’t the narrator want to go at the end of the story?
4. Which room does the narrator’s husband choose for her room?
5. In the last paragraph, what does the narrator do?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)