|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Yellow Wallpaper.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator do while John is gone?
(a) Runs away
(b) Jumps out the window
(c) Shreds the sheets
(d) Peels the wallpaper
2. Where does the narrator’s husband take her at the beginning of the story?
(a) On a carriage ride
(b) A wellness spa in Biarritz
(c) A country house for the summer
3. What does the narrator think that the figure in the wallpaper is trying to do?
(b) Eat dinner
(c) Fight the wallpaper pattern
4. Who does the narrator want to help the woman in the wallpaper?
5. What does the narrator “securely fasten” herself with?
(a) A rope
(b) The drapery
(c) The bed sheets
(d) Restrictive clothing
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the door when the narrator is creeping along the wall?
2. Who does John ask to give a report about the narrator’s wellbeing?
3. When the narrator makes the plan to get off the wallpaper before John notices, how long do they have left at the house?
4. The narrator believes that the wallpaper has a(n) _________.
5. Who does the narrator say is her one comfort?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)