The Yellow Wallpaper
1. Why does the unnamed protagonist believe that she and her husband were able to rent the mansion for the summer?
(a) Because it is haunted
(b) They were evicted from their city home
(c) Because her husband needs to visit for work
(d) They received an inheritance
2. What is the narrator’s husband’s name?
3. What is the profession of the narrator’s husband?
4. In the opening pages, what does the narrator’s husband not believe?
(a) That women should be allowed to vote
(b) That the narrator is sick
(c) That the baby is his
(d) How expensive the summer home is
5. Where does the narrator’s husband take her at the beginning of the story?
(a) A wellness spa in Biarritz
(b) On a carriage ride
(c) A country house for the summer
6. The protagonist is narrating her what?
(a) Letter to her physician
(b) Article for a woman’s magazine
(c) Letter to her mother
This section contains 2,058 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)