|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Samantha Power giving a talk when the author met her?
(a) Barnes and Noble Bookstore.
(b) The Stacks Bookstore.
(c) The Javits Convention Center.
(d) The New York Public Library.
2. Before Katrina hit, how many of the author's siblings lived in New Orleans?
3. What was Simon Broom's birthday?
(a) January 12.
(b) February 22.
(c) June 23.
(d) March 5.
4. How much money does the author say police officers earned in New Orleans in 1994?
5. Where was Michael living with his girlfriend when Hurrican Katrina hit?
(a) Dumaine Street.
(b) Chartres Street.
(c) Bourbon Street.
(d) Charbonnet Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what name did Sarah Broom's family members call her growing up?
2. How long is the drive from St. Rose to the French Quarter?
3. Who said yellow is the color of divine clarity, according to the author in Movement III: Part II?
4. What had Lynette become when she and the author were living as neighbors in Harlem?
5. What job had Herman found when the author visited family in Vacaville in Movement IV: Part I?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who ended up coming to stay with Byron in Vacaville after Katrina?
2. How did the author begin getting into trouble in seventh grade?
3. How did the author perceive her new surroundings in Movement IV: Part III?
4. What did Ivory Mae do when the family went to see the Yellow House after Katrina in Movement III: Part V?
5. Where did Lynette go in 1993? Why?
6. Where did Ivory Mae go when Hurricane Katrina hit? With whom did she flee?
7. Why did Sarah Broom move to New Orleans in 2011? Where did she live?
8. What is ironic about the demolition of the Yellow House?
9. Where was the author living when Hurricane Katrina hit? How is this area described?
10. What became of James and Alvin?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)