|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the author's father buried?
(a) Immacuate Truth Cemetery.
(b) Providence Memorial Cemetery.
(c) Rose Hill Cemetery.
(d) St. Jude Cemetery.
2. Which of Carl's dogs was killed by a pit bull, leading him to sue?
3. Who said yellow is the color of divine clarity, according to the author in Movement III: Part II?
(a) Pablo Picasso.
(b) Tennessee Williams.
(c) Vincent Van Gogh.
(d) Walt Whitman.
4. What color does the author describe painting her Harlem apartment a year or so after Katrina?
5. Who was the clainetist that played below the author's French Quarter apartment regularly?
6. In what cemetery does the author say her childhood friend Alvin is buried in Movement IV: Part IV?
(a) Rose Hill Cemetery.
(b) St. Edward's Cemetery.
(c) Resthaven Cemetery.
(d) St. Jude Cemetery.
7. How old was the author when she first had a bedroom of her own?
8. Who was Sarah Broom's seventh grade English teacher?
(a) Ms. Green.
(b) Ms. Wilson.
(c) Ms. Edwards.
(d) Ms. James.
9. To what does the author compare a large, close family in Movement III: Part VII?
(a) A river.
(b) An ocean.
(c) An amoeba.
(d) A cloud.
10. What is the name of the building where the author rented an apartment in the French Quarter in Movement IV: Part III?
(a) The LaBranche Building.
(b) The Montellier Building.
(c) The Fleur-de-Lis Building.
(d) The Roullet Building.
11. Who was Byron's only daughter when he housed refugees from Katrina in its aftermath?
12. Where was the author working when she was neighbors with Lynette in Harlem, as described in Movement III: Part I?
(a) The New Yorker.
(b) Oprah Magazine.
(c) Time Magazine.
(d) The New York Times.
13. In what suite did the author stay during the Tales of the Cocktail event described in Movement III: Part VII?
(a) The Rose Suite.
(b) The St. Edward Suite.
(c) The Jefferson Davis Suite.
(d) The Vieux Carre Suite.
14. For how much money did the author rent out her extra room in the French Quarter per night?
15. How long is the drive from St. Rose to the French Quarter?
(a) 15 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 1 and 1/2 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author describe Karen graduating from college in Movement II: Part VI?
2. At what hotel did the author stay for the Tales of the Cocktail event described in Movement III: Part VII?
3. What had Lynette become when she and the author were living as neighbors in Harlem?
4. The author states in Movement IV: Part III that the apartment building across the balcony from hers in the French Quarter overcharges rent because who once lived there briefly?
5. Herman is described by the author as being at least how many pounds overweight in Movement III: Part III?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)