|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the author when she first had a bedroom of her own?
2. Which of the author's siblings did she work to keep out of their house in 1994 because he would steal for crack?
3. Who taught gym and history at Sarah's new school in ninth grade?
(a) Mr. Ryde.
(b) Mr. Chris.
(c) Mr. Craig.
(d) Mr. Casson.
4. How long is the drive from St. Rose to the French Quarter?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 1 and 1/2 hours.
5. Who does the author describe as the bald teacher of her one memorable math class in seventh grade?
(a) Mr. Anderson.
(b) Mr. Nero.
(c) Mr. Smith.
(d) Mr. Rogers.
6. Who was the driver for the nonprofit global company that the author led in 2009 that was ambushed and killed delivering medical supplies near Burundi?
7. What book did Samantha Power write about the United States' historic nonresponse to genocide throughout the world?
(a) The Lonely Struggle.
(b) The False Hope.
(c) The Mission of Apollo.
(d) A Problem from Hell.
8. What date opens Movement III: Part V?
(a) September 4, 2004.
(b) October 3, 2005.
(c) May 12, 2005.
(d) October 4, 2007.
9. Where does the author describe Karen graduating from college in Movement II: Part VI?
(a) Xavier University.
(b) Howard University.
(c) Southern University of New Orleans.
(d) Loyola University, New Orleans.
10. Who was the only immediate neighbor that the author met at her French Quarter apartment when she lived there over the course of a year?
11. Who is Karen's youngest child?
12. To what does the author compare a large, close family in Movement III: Part VII?
(a) An ocean.
(b) A cloud.
(c) An amoeba.
(d) A river.
13. Where was the author's father buried?
(a) St. Jude Cemetery.
(b) Rose Hill Cemetery.
(c) Immacuate Truth Cemetery.
(d) Providence Memorial Cemetery.
14. What was the name of the author's maternal grandfather?
(a) Lionel Soule.
(b) John Gant.
(c) Nathan Hobley.
(d) Joseph Martin.
15. Where did Alexis Sinduhije flee after he was beaten and imprisoned by the government for running a radio station in Africa?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what nursing home was the author's grandmother when Hurricane Katrina hit?
2. Where did Valeria and her daughters flee when evacuated due to Hurricane Katrina after they ran out of gas?
3. How tall is the author?
4. What date opens Movement III: Part I?
5. In what private school did Sarah Broom's mother enroll her after she was caught for repeated truancy in junior high?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)