|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the proceedings take place in Chapter 10?
2. What country will Jack help to form a navy in Chapter 10?
3. Jack Aubrey has orders in Chapter 6 to report to the command where he will be assigned to an offshore squadron where?
4. Stephen hires a coach to travel where to visit his family in Chapter 8?
5. What does Diana refer to Sophie's mother as?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the end of the war and the different options Jack and Stephen face for employment. Why does Stephen hope to take Jack to the Chileans? What comes of it?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the character Stephen Maturin. How old is Maturin? How is his daughter disabled? How long has he been friends with the protagonist? What role does he serve in the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Sir Joseph Blaine's assessment of Jack Aubrey's situation with Admiral Stranraer. How would Jack go about getting a flag, despite the admiral's negative dispatches?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)