|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is one of the last ships to be sent home from the war in Chapter 10?
2. Sophie expresses in her letter in Chapter 6 that she plans on moving where with the children?
3. When is Jack's plan for sailing into the straights at Brest in Chapter 5?
4. What ship do Stephen and Philip board together in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 7, Stephen tells Sir Joseph Blaine about the ________________ he met in France?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the end of the war and the different options Jack and Stephen face for employment. Why does Stephen hope to take Jack to the Chileans? What comes of it?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the character Stephen Maturin. How old is Maturin? How is his daughter disabled? How long has he been friends with the protagonist? What role does he serve in the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the battles fought during the Napoleonic Wars at sea. What vessels were used principally and how did they conduct strikes? What were the conditions like aboard ships such as the HMS Bellona? How many men were aboard?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)