|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Diana tells Stephen she secured a loan using what as collateral in Chapter 8?
(a) A horse.
(b) The house.
(c) A diamond.
(d) Her soul.
2. Jack receives a letter from Sophie saying that she has proof of his infidelity with whom in Chapter 6?
(a) Clarissa Oakes.
(b) Brigid Maturin.
(c) Lord Stranraer.
(d) Amanda Smith.
3. From whom does Aubrey learn the Ringle had gone to the Downs in Chapter 7?
(a) Captain Griffiths.
(b) Captain Reade.
(c) Captain Fanshawe.
(d) Captain Calvert.
4. An aide reminds Jack of what he has to write after the battle in Chapter 5?
(a) A eulogy.
(b) A report.
(c) An obituary.
(d) An apology.
5. What does Diana refer to Sophie's mother as?
(a) Auntie Willis.
(b) Aunt Williams.
(c) Granny Williams.
(d) Aunt Watson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the private ship Jack is given command of in Chapter 10?
2. Where do the proceedings take place in Chapter 10?
3. What ship has been damaged enough that it must go to Cawsand Bay for repairs in Chapter 9?
4. Jack tells Stephen that his financial picture is what in Chapter 8?
5. Jack Aubrey has orders in Chapter 6 to report to the command where he will be assigned to an offshore squadron where?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)