|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the First Lieutenant on the Bellona?
(a) Mr. Callaghan.
(b) Mr. Whewell.
(c) Mr. Geoghegan.
(d) Mr. Miller.
2. Who greets and wants to talk to Stephen about medical procedures for the treatment of wounds on the ship in Chapter 4?
(a) Mr. Sherman.
(b) Lord Stranraer.
(c) Jack Aubrey.
(d) Captain Griffiths.
3. The man who gives Jack and Stephen directions for an inn in Chapter 4 claims to recognize Stephen from where?
(a) A book.
(b) A wanted poster.
(c) A town hall meeting.
(d) A lecture.
4. What is the name of Stephen Maturin's wife?
5. Where is The Yellow Admiral set?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Jack Aubrey have?
2. With whom had Dr. Stephen Maturin and his wife taken part in an expedition in Chapter 1?
3. What sport does Stephen go to talk about in the coach house in Chapter 3?
4. After breakfast in Chapter 3, Stephen goes to the coach house to talk with whom?
5. Who is the Admiral of the Brest blockading squadron?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arrives at the Aubrey household on Thursday in Chapter 2? What do these men discuss?
2. What takes place after Admiral Stranraer's arrival in Chapter 9?
3. What arrives in the mail in Chapter 3? What does it regard?
4. What ship does the Bellona encounter in the beginning of Chapter 6? Where?
5. What news does Stephen report to Sir Blaine in Chapter 7 regarding the battle?
6. What is foreshadowed about the inclosure laws in Chapter 3?
7. What similarities do Jack and Stephen share? How are these revealed in Chapter 2?
8. What takes place after the fight in Chapter 3? Who is being carried home?
9. What doubts does Jack harbor about the plans for the Chilean assignment in Chapter 10? How do they play out?
10. Who does Stephen discuss boxing with in Chapter 3? Why?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)