|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Jack and Stephen ask for directions to an inn for Diana in Chapter 4?
2. Where do the men meet after dinner in Chapter 5?
(a) The First Lieutenant's quarters.
(b) The deck.
(c) The library.
(d) The Captain's fore-cabin.
3. Who does Stephen Maturin report to in his job?
(a) Captain Griffiths.
(b) Sir Joseph Blaine.
(c) Jack Aubrey.
(d) Lord Stranraer.
4. While the men are out talking, what do the women do in Chapter 3?
(a) Make dinner.
5. Who is the First Lieutenant on the Bellona?
(a) Mr. Miller.
(b) Mr. Geoghegan.
(c) Mr. Callaghan.
(d) Mr. Whewell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had favored the legislation for inclosure?
2. Who won't be attending the fight on Wednesday since he will be attending a committee meeting in Chapter 3?
3. How does Jack feel about the outcome of the vote at the committee meeting in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 3, Stephen suggests that who sent orders for them to return to their ship so Jack would purposely miss the meeting?
5. Stephen inspects whose wounds from the boxing match aboard the ship in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Jack receive from Lord Keith upon arriving in Funchal in Chapter 10? What are his orders?
2. What efforts does Diana take to resolve the problems between Sophie and Jack in Chapter 8?
3. Where do Jack and Stephen go after disembarking the Bellona in Chapter 10? What is their plan for employment?
4. When does Jack plan to depart in the Surprise in Chapter 10? Who has he met to discuss his departure?
5. What takes place after Admiral Stranraer's arrival in Chapter 9?
6. When do Jack and Stephen return home in Chapter 10? How long do they stay?
7. How long are Jack and Stephen at sea on the Bellona before heading inland in Chapter 5? What do the officers and crew do in the meantime?
8. What does Stephen reveal to Jack about his position in the Navy in Chapter 8?
9. What does Jack say about the inclosure laws to Stephen in Chapter 2? What is inclosure?
10. What similarities do Jack and Stephen share? How are these revealed in Chapter 2?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)