|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 208 - 232.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Aubrey tells Maturin that inclosure involves a great deal of what in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 7, after the repairs, the Bellona heads where?
(a) To report to the queen.
(b) Around the cape.
(c) The offshore squadron.
(d) To the harbor.
3. The inclosures discussed by Jack and Stephen in Chapter 1 serve the purpose to increase the supply of what?
4. Who greets and wants to talk to Stephen about medical procedures for the treatment of wounds on the ship in Chapter 4?
(a) Lord Stranraer.
(b) Jack Aubrey.
(c) Captain Griffiths.
(d) Mr. Sherman.
5. It is suspected that Stephen and his ship may have gone where in Chapter 7?
(a) Warmer waters.
(b) The Downs.
(c) Back home.
(d) The Cape.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Jack's plan for sailing into the straights at Brest in Chapter 5?
2. What sound do Jack and Stephen overhear during dinner on deck in Chapter 9?
3. Who won't be attending the fight on Wednesday since he will be attending a committee meeting in Chapter 3?
4. Who is Jack Aubrey's coxswain?
5. What wealthy Catalan merchant do Jack and Stephen discuss in Chapter 5?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)