|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, pgs. 208 - 232.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 1 takes place in the office of which top official at the Admiralty in London?
(a) Jack Aubrey.
(b) Barret Bonden.
(c) Sir Joseph Blaine.
(d) Captain Griffiths.
2. The Bellona is in the waters near what in the second half of Chapter 5?
3. Who greets and wants to talk to Stephen about medical procedures for the treatment of wounds on the ship in Chapter 4?
(a) Captain Griffiths.
(b) Mr. Sherman.
(c) Jack Aubrey.
(d) Lord Stranraer.
4. Stephen Maturin is an adviser on what affairs?
5. The inclosures discussed by Jack and Stephen in Chapter 1 serve the purpose to increase the supply of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Bellona returns to the bay when in Chapter 6?
2. Stephen tells Sir Blaine in Chapter 7 that he thinks that there should be more emphasis on attack and defense _____ in the fight against slavery?
3. What is the schoolmaster on the ship teaching to the younger crew members to help them determine their position on the sea?
4. The children find Jack and Stephen to inform them of what in Chapter 2?
5. Who cares for the Maturins' daughter?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)