|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Quintana get a tracheotomy at UCLA?
2. What type of a dog did Joan and John have in 1987?
3. What year did John graduate from college?
4. In what state did the plane that was transporting Quintana land to refuel?
5. By what plant in the box garden did John or Joan place Quintana in her bassinet when they first brought her home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Quintana was transferred to the Rusk Institute, Joan said that she was able to mourn and not merely grieve. Compare grief and mourning, using examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
At one point, Joan compared the way she interacted with the doctors and hospital staff to the way a sheep dog herds sheep. Discuss why Joan's relationship with Quintana's doctors and hospital staff was similar to the way that a dog herds sheep and how that affected her relationship with the doctors and hospital staff.
Essay Topic 3
The way that Joan initially reacted to her husband's death was different from how she reacted in the weeks and months that followed. Compare how Joan initially reacted to her husband's death to how she reacted in the weeks and months that followed. Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)