|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did the Emergency Medical Services receive the call to come to John's and Joan's apartment?
2. When was the last time that John saved a computer file "AAA Random Thoughts"?
3. Where was the 2004 Democratic convention held?
4. On what peninsula was John and Joan's first house of their married life?
5. How old was Nick's daughter, Dominique, when she was in John and Joan's wedding?
Essay Topic 1
Joan linked memories to the effect of a vortex. Discuss "the vortex effect" and how it affected Joan. Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
When Joan went to UCLA to be with Quintana, she expected that Los Angeles would be the place most likely to trigger the vortex effect. Discuss why Los Angeles was the place most likely to trigger the vortex effect and how Joan avoided triggering this effect.
Essay Topic 3
At times, Joan did not believe that she was operating from her rational mind. Discuss why Joan said that she was not operating from her rational mind and what helped her think more rationally.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)