|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the 2004 Democratic convention held?
2. When did Joan receive John's autopsy?
3. What would John and Joan pass as they drove and began to argue when they lived at Portuguese Bend?
4. How long did it take the ambulance to get to John's and Joan's apartment after the emergency call was received?
5. What church was across the street from Joan's and John's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did John and Joan meet the Blacks?
2. What book did Joan receive from Princeton late in the summer?
3. Why did Joan resist the tracheostomy so fiercely?
4. What little things could Joan do for Quintana when she was at Rusk Institute?
5. After reading the autopsy report, what did Joan finally begin to believe?
6. How did Joan wear rings and why?
7. What did it mean that post-mortem lividity was present in John's body?
8. What were some things that John said that Joan should or should not do if something happened to him?
9. Why did John and Joan have trouble selling their house in Malibu?
10. What did Joan argue about with a doctor after Quintana had been intubated for almost a week?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During Christmas of 2004, Joan compared how she did things when John was alive and the type of person that she was before he died. Compare Joan and her routine before and after John's death.
Essay Topic 2
When Quintana was in the ICU at UCLA, Joan whispered a promise to her, the same promise Joan had been making since Quintana was a child. Discuss the promise that Joan always made to Quintana. Why it was a promise that she could not keep?
Essay Topic 3
Compare how death was regarded before and after the 1930's with when Joan was growing up.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)