|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joan woke up at 3:30 one morning, what channel was the television set to?
2. What did Joan watch from the windows at UCLA?
3. When Joan wrote her first piece after John died, when was the last time that he didn't read one of her drafts?
4. After John died, where did Joan eat dinner?
5. When did Joan request a copy of John's autopsy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joan do in the summer when she began feeling fragile and unstable?
2. Did Joan believe that wild things feel loss?
3. Over the years, what would Dominique do with Quintana?
4. What book did Joan receive from Princeton late in the summer?
5. Some people think that their deceased loved one can be seen or heard. Did Joan believe that she could see or hear John?
6. Why did John and Joan have trouble selling their house in Malibu?
7. What would John and Joan do after the 1992 Democratic convention?
8. What little things could Joan do for Quintana when she was at Rusk Institute?
9. Why was Joan startled when she checked her piece of writing that she wrote after John died?
10. What did Joan argue about with a doctor after Quintana had been intubated for almost a week?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the overall mood of the book and give examples of the change in mood from the beginning of the novel to the end.
Essay Topic 2
All her life, Joan turned to literature in times of trouble and John's death was no different. Compare the different types of literature that Joan read to help her cope with her grief and why some were more helpful than others. Give specific titles and examples from the book in support of your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
John insisted on a trip to Paris in November because he believed if he didn't go then, he would never see Paris before he died. Discuss why John believed that he was dying.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)