|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a dream, what did Joan dream that she was hanging in a closet?
2. What percent was the stenosis of John's left main and left anterior descending arteries?
3. Who asked Joan if she wanted to cover the Democratic and Republic summer conventions?
4. What time did the Emergency Medical Services receive the call to come to John's and Joan's apartment?
5. When was the last time that John saved a computer file "AAA Random Thoughts"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dream about the braided belt and what it meant to Joan.
2. Why did it take so long for Joan to receive a copy of John's autopsy?
3. Why did Joan resist the tracheostomy so fiercely?
4. What little things could Joan do for Quintana when she was at Rusk Institute?
5. After reading the autopsy report, what did Joan finally begin to believe?
6. What was the sequence of events the night that John died?
7. What did Joan argue about with a doctor after Quintana had been intubated for almost a week?
8. What arrangements were made to transfer Quintana from UCLA to New York University Hospital in New York?
9. What were some things that John said that Joan should or should not do if something happened to him?
10. How would Quintana spend weekends when she was at Rusk Institute?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Quintana was in the ICU at UCLA, Joan whispered a promise to her, the same promise Joan had been making since Quintana was a child. Discuss the promise that Joan always made to Quintana. Why it was a promise that she could not keep?
Essay Topic 2
John insisted on a trip to Paris in November because he believed if he didn't go then, he would never see Paris before he died. Discuss why John believed that he was dying.
Essay Topic 3
At times, Joan did not believe that she was operating from her rational mind. Discuss why Joan said that she was not operating from her rational mind and what helped her think more rationally.
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)