Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Quintana, what sandwich did she and Joan share when the plane that was transporting them to New York stopped to refuel?
2. What percent was the stenosis of John's left main and left anterior descending arteries?
3. What church was across the street from Joan's and John's apartment?
4. Where was the 2004 Republican convention held?
5. Which Protestant denomination did Joan say used these words in a litany, "as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end"?
Essay Topic 1
The way that Joan initially reacted to her husband's death was different from how she reacted in the weeks and months that followed. Compare how Joan initially reacted to her husband's death to how she reacted in the weeks and months that followed. Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the overall mood of the book and give examples of the change in mood from the beginning of the novel to the end.
Essay Topic 3
During the summer, Joan began to feel fragile and unstable. Discuss why Joan felt fragile and unstable and how she coped with these feelings, giving quotes from the book to support your discussion.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)