|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What anticoagulant was John taking?
2. Where did Joe Black grow up?
3. In a dream, what did Joan dream that she was hanging in a closet?
4. When Joan woke up at 3:30 one morning, what channel was the television set to?
5. What time was John pronounced dead?
Essay Topic 1
Joan linked memories to the effect of a vortex. Discuss "the vortex effect" and how it affected Joan. Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
John insisted on a trip to Paris in November because he believed if he didn't go then, he would never see Paris before he died. Discuss why John believed that he was dying.
Essay Topic 3
From the time Joan was a child, she thought a great deal about meaninglessness. Discuss how Joan found meaning in her life, giving examples and quotes from the book.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)