|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Joan when she despised the book "Leftover Life to Kill"?
2. When Joan wrote her first piece after John died, when was the last time that he didn't read one of her drafts?
3. Who won the last basketball game that Joan attended with John and friends in November 2003?
4. Where did John and Joan meet Joe and Gertrude Black?
5. Who wrote a book about her husband's death that Joan despised?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Joan resist the tracheostomy so fiercely?
2. How did Joan wear rings and why?
3. What book did Joan receive from Princeton late in the summer?
4. What little things could Joan do for Quintana when she was at Rusk Institute?
5. What did it mean that post-mortem lividity was present in John's body?
6. Why did John and Joan have trouble selling their house in Malibu?
7. What arrangements were made to transfer Quintana from UCLA to New York University Hospital in New York?
8. Why did Quintana refer to her memory as "mudgy"?
9. What was the sequence of events the night that John died?
10. What did Joan argue about with a doctor after Quintana had been intubated for almost a week?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During Christmas of 2004, Joan compared how she did things when John was alive and the type of person that she was before he died. Compare Joan and her routine before and after John's death.
Essay Topic 2
When Quintana was in the ICU at UCLA, Joan whispered a promise to her, the same promise Joan had been making since Quintana was a child. Discuss the promise that Joan always made to Quintana. Why it was a promise that she could not keep?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast why some people have difficulty authorizing autopsies and why Joan did not struggle with approving an autopsy. Give examples of Joan's experience from the book.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)