|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Quintana, what sandwich did she and Joan share when the plane that was transporting them to New York stopped to refuel?
2. What percent was the stenosis of John's left main and left anterior descending arteries?
3. What church was across the street from Joan's and John's apartment?
4. Where was the 2004 Republican convention held?
5. Which Protestant denomination did Joan say used these words in a litany, "as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end"?
Essay Topic 1
Joan linked memories to the effect of a vortex. Discuss "the vortex effect" and how it affected Joan. Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Compare how death was regarded before and after the 1930's with when Joan was growing up.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast why some people have difficulty authorizing autopsies and why Joan did not struggle with approving an autopsy. Give examples of Joan's experience from the book.
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)