|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the risk of heart attack in patients who quit taking statins?
2. How much money did John and Joan put down as a deposit on the house in Brentwood Park?
3. How many beds were in the acute rehab unit at UCLA Neuropsychiatric?
4. When did a study done by University of Californ San Diego and Tufts show that there was a 4.65 percent increase in cardiac death?
5. What year did John graduate from college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Joan resist the tracheostomy so fiercely?
2. What comments about their wedding day did Joan find that John had written in 1990?
3. What arrangements were made to transfer Quintana from UCLA to New York University Hospital in New York?
4. What was John's last birthday present to Joan?
5. What was the sequence of events the night that John died?
6. How would Quintana spend weekends when she was at Rusk Institute?
7. Describe the dream about the braided belt and what it meant to Joan.
8. Why did it take so long for Joan to receive a copy of John's autopsy?
9. What little things could Joan do for Quintana when she was at Rusk Institute?
10. After reading the autopsy report, what did Joan finally begin to believe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John insisted on a trip to Paris in November because he believed if he didn't go then, he would never see Paris before he died. Discuss why John believed that he was dying.
Essay Topic 2
When Quintana was transferred to the Rusk Institute, Joan said that she was able to mourn and not merely grieve. Compare grief and mourning, using examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
The way that Joan initially reacted to her husband's death was different from how she reacted in the weeks and months that followed. Compare how Joan initially reacted to her husband's death to how she reacted in the weeks and months that followed. Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)