|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Democratic convention begin?
2. What would John and Joan pass as they drove and began to argue when they lived at Portuguese Bend?
3. When did a study done by University of Californ San Diego and Tufts show that there was a 4.65 percent increase in cardiac death?
4. Who asked Joan if she wanted to cover the Democratic and Republic summer conventions?
5. What type of flowers did Joan pin in her hair while trying for a "bride" effect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was John's last birthday present to Joan?
2. What were some things that John said that Joan should or should not do if something happened to him?
3. What did it mean that post-mortem lividity was present in John's body?
4. What was the sequence of events the night that John died?
5. Why did Joan find herself in tears when she was walking to the opening of the Democratic convention?
6. Why wouldn't the funeral be the worst thing that a grieving person had to experience?
7. Did Joan believe that wild things feel loss?
8. Why did Quintana refer to her memory as "mudgy"?
9. Why did Joan use to tell John her dreams.
10. Describe the dream about the braided belt and what it meant to Joan.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All her life, Joan turned to literature in times of trouble and John's death was no different. Compare the different types of literature that Joan read to help her cope with her grief and why some were more helpful than others. Give specific titles and examples from the book in support of your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
After Quintana's release from the hospital and when she flew to California, Joan believed that she might be beginning a new season of life. Discuss why Joan believed she was entering a new season of life and why that season was short-lived. Support your statements with quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
When Joan flew to Los Angeles to be with Quintana, she knew that Los Angeles had the potential for triggering the vortex effect. Discuss why Los Angeles was the most likely place to trigger the vortex effect and how Joan avoided triggering this effect when in the city. Define the vortext effect and use s
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)