|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did Quintana have therapy at Rusk Institute?
2. Where was the 2004 Republican convention held?
3. Where was the male patient from who lay to the left of Quintana's bed at UCLA?
4. How many cases of sudden death from cardiac arrest typically occurred at home?
5. Where was the 2004 Democratic convention held?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did John and Joan meet the Blacks?
2. How did Joan wear rings and why?
3. What did Joan do in the summer when she began feeling fragile and unstable?
4. Why did John and Joan have trouble selling their house in Malibu?
5. What comments about their wedding day did Joan find that John had written in 1990?
6. Did Joan believe that wild things feel loss?
7. What little things could Joan do for Quintana when she was at Rusk Institute?
8. What would John and Joan do after the 1992 Democratic convention?
9. What did Joan argue about with a doctor after Quintana had been intubated for almost a week?
10. Why did Quintana refer to her memory as "mudgy"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All her life, Joan turned to literature in times of trouble and John's death was no different. Compare the different types of literature that Joan read to help her cope with her grief and why some were more helpful than others. Give specific titles and examples from the book in support of your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast why some people have difficulty authorizing autopsies and why Joan did not struggle with approving an autopsy. Give examples of Joan's experience from the book.
Essay Topic 3
At times, Joan did not believe that she was operating from her rational mind. Discuss why Joan said that she was not operating from her rational mind and what helped her think more rationally.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)