|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Quintana wear to her wedding?
2. Why was Quintana admitted to Milstein Hospital shortly after her release from Beth Israel?
3. After Teresa Heinz Kerry's first husband died, where did she feel a need to go?
4. What was the date when Quintana was told her father died?
5. Where was Quintana born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did friends and relatives help Joan in the first three weeks after John died?
2. Why did Quintana refer to her memory as "mudgy"?
3. What was the sequence of events the night that John died?
4. How would Quintana spend weekends when she was at Rusk Institute?
5. What did Freud say about grief?
6. Why wouldn't the funeral be the worst thing that a grieving person had to experience?
7. What would John and Joan do after the 1992 Democratic convention?
8. Why was Joan startled when she checked her piece of writing that she wrote after John died?
9. What did Melanie Klein say about grief?
10. Did Joan believe that wild things feel loss?
Essay Topic 1
After Quintana's release from the hospital and when she flew to California, Joan believed that she might be beginning a new season of life. Discuss why Joan believed she was entering a new season of life and why that season was short-lived. Support your statements with quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
From the time Joan was a child, she thought a great deal about meaninglessness. Discuss how Joan found meaning in her life, giving examples and quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 3
The way that Joan initially reacted to her husband's death was different from how she reacted in the weeks and months that followed. Compare how Joan initially reacted to her husband's death to how she reacted in the weeks and months that followed. Give examples and quotes from the book to support your statements.
This section contains 1,414 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)