Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Teresa Heinz Kerry's first husband died, where did she feel a need to go?
2. When were the 2004 Academy Awards held?
3. On what floor of the hospital was the ICU located where Quintana was a patient when John died?
4. How many times did Joan have to repeat the story of how John died to Quintana?
5. What was the name of the book John was reading the night he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Gerry and Quintana arrived in California?
2. Why wouldn't the funeral be the worst thing that a grieving person had to experience?
3. What was Joan's first column like that she wrote for "Life"?
4. Why did Joan write "The Year of Magical Thinking"?
5. Where did Joan and John walk together during their morning walks?
6. Why didn't Joan want to finish the account of her husband's death?
7. How did John, Joan, Gerry and Quintana spend Thanksgiving 2003?
8. What did Joan argue about with a doctor after Quintana had been intubated for almost a week?
9. How did friends and relatives help Joan in the first three weeks after John died?
10. What did it mean that post-mortem lividity was present in John's body?
Compare and contrast why some people have difficulty authorizing autopsies and why Joan did not struggle with approving an autopsy. Give examples of Joan's experience from the book.
After Quintana's release from the hospital and when she flew to California, Joan believed that she might be beginning a new season of life. Discuss why Joan believed she was entering a new season of life and why that season was short-lived. Support your statements with quotes from the book.
After trying to cover the Democratic convention, Joan believed that there was no place she could go and not be reminded of John. Discuss her statement and provide examples from the book.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)