|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Teresa Heinz Kerry's first husband died, where did she feel a need to go?
2. How long after John's death was his funeral held?
3. What sea creatures did studies show refused to eat after a mate died?
4. When did John and Joan visit the Miami-Dade Medical Examiner's office?
5. What type of drink did Joan get John when they came from visiting Quintana?
Short Essay Questions
1. What expensive drug was Quintana given when she developed sepsis?
2. What did Joan first think when she looked up and saw John slumped over, motionless at dinner?
3. Who came to stay with Joan in the weeks that followed John's death?
4. What did John do before he and Joan ate dinner the night of December 30?
5. How did Joan describe people who recently lost someone?
6. What were the first words that Joan wrote after her husband's death?
7. Describe John's funeral.
8. Where did Joan and John walk together during their morning walks?
9. Why was Quintanna, Joan's and John's daughter in the hospital, when her father died?
10. Why on most surface levels did Joan seem rational?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John insisted on a trip to Paris in November because he believed if he didn't go then, he would never see Paris before he died. Discuss why John believed that he was dying.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the overall mood of the book and give examples of the change in mood from the beginning of the novel to the end.
Essay Topic 3
During Christmas of 2004, Joan compared how she did things when John was alive and the type of person that she was before he died. Compare Joan and her routine before and after John's death.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)