|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Joan awakened at 3:30 one morning, who was being interviewed on TV?
(a) The Spanish Prime Minister.
(b) Passengers from Northwest Flight 327.
(c) AIDS orphans.
(d) Afghanistani refugees.
2. What color were the curtains that separated the patient's beds at UCLA?
3. In a dream, what did Joan dream that she was hanging in a closet?
(a) Braided belt.
(b) A suit coat.
(d) A dress.
4. Where was the 2004 Republican convention held?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
5. Who wrote, "Time is the school in which we learn"?
(a) Delmore Schwartz.
(b) Wallace Stevens.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) Robert Frost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joan watch from the windows at UCLA?
2. What type of fish were in the pond at Rusk Institute?
3. What type of a tree did Joan drape colored Christmas lights on in Chapter 20?
4. Where did Joan stay when she was covering the Democratic Convention?
5. How long did it take the ambulance to get to John's and Joan's apartment after the emergency call was received?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Joan find herself in tears when she was walking to the opening of the Democratic convention?
2. What comments about their wedding day did Joan find that John had written in 1990?
3. What did Joan argue about with a doctor after Quintana had been intubated for almost a week?
4. Did Joan believe that wild things feel loss?
5. Why was Joan startled when she checked her piece of writing that she wrote after John died?
6. Why did John and Joan have trouble selling their house in Malibu?
7. What were some things that John said that Joan should or should not do if something happened to him?
8. Why wouldn't the funeral be the worst thing that a grieving person had to experience?
9. What would John and Joan do after the 1992 Democratic convention?
10. What book did Joan receive from Princeton late in the summer?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)