|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many letters did Joan have from John?
(a) 30 to 40 letters.
(b) No letters.
(c) A dozen letters.
(d) Hundreds of letters.
2. When was Quintana allowed to fly back to New York?
3. In Chapter 13, what was the name of the character in the excerpt Joan quoted from a novel she wrote in the mid-1990's?
4. Where did Joan stay when she was covering the Democratic Convention?
(a) Harborside Inn.
(b) Newbury Guest House.
(c) Park Plaza Hotel.
(d) Parker House.
5. Which of Joan's novels had a passage about dreams?
(a) The Last Thing He Wanted.
(b) After Henry.
(c) Where I Was From.
(d) Run, River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time was John pronounced dead?
2. What might Quintana and Gerry do during the weekend while Quintana was at Rusk?
3. Where did John graduate from college?
4. How many beds were in the acute rehab unit at UCLA Neuropsychiatric?
5. How long after Quintana was discharged from the Rusk Institute did Joan go to the Democratic convention?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the sequence of events the night that John died?
2. Where did John and Joan meet the Blacks?
3. Why did Joan use to tell John her dreams.
4. How did Joan wear rings and why?
5. Over the years, what would Dominique do with Quintana?
6. Why wouldn't the funeral be the worst thing that a grieving person had to experience?
7. What did it mean that post-mortem lividity was present in John's body?
8. Why did John and Joan have trouble selling their house in Malibu?
9. What was John's last birthday present to Joan?
10. How would Quintana spend weekends when she was at Rusk Institute?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)