|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Nick's daughter, Dominique, when she was in John and Joan's wedding?
(a) 3 years old.
(b) 5 years old.
(c) 4 years old.
(d) 6 years old.
2. When the air ambulance that was to transport Quintana had mechanical difficulties, where did it land?
(a) Colorado Springs.
3. What percent was the stenosis of John's left main and left anterior descending arteries?
(a) 45 percent.
(b) 95 percent.
(c) 75 percent.
(d) 85 percent.
4. When was the last time that Joan covered a convention at Madison Square Garden?
5. Who wrote, "Time is the school in which we learn"?
(a) Delmore Schwartz.
(b) Wallace Stevens.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) Robert Frost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Protestant denomination did Joan say used these words in a litany, "as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end"?
2. Who asked Joan if she wanted to cover the Democratic and Republic summer conventions?
3. Which of Joan's novels had a passage about dreams?
4. How old was Joan when the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima?
5. How many letters did Joan have from John?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comments about their wedding day did Joan find that John had written in 1990?
2. Where did John and Joan meet the Blacks?
3. Did Joan believe that wild things feel loss?
4. Why did Quintana refer to her memory as "mudgy"?
5. Over the years, what would Dominique do with Quintana?
6. Describe the dream about the braided belt and what it meant to Joan.
7. What was John's last birthday present to Joan?
8. What did Joan do in the summer when she began feeling fragile and unstable?
9. What little things could Joan do for Quintana when she was at Rusk Institute?
10. Why did Joan use to tell John her dreams.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)