|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who won the last basketball game that Joan attended with John and friends in November 2003?
2. What type of fish were in the pond at Rusk Institute?
(c) Mosquito fish.
3. Who asked Joan if she wanted to cover the Democratic and Republic summer conventions?
(a) Bryant Davidson.
(b) Robert Silvers.
(c) Louis Griffin.
(d) David Brown.
4. Who was John's editor at "The New Yorker"?
(a) Rebecca Delinsky.
(b) Martha Wyatt.
(c) Andrea Framingham.
(d) Sharon DeLano.
5. In another dream, what airport did Joan dream about?
(a) Monterey Airport.
(b) Santa Monica Airport.
(c) Long Beach Airport.
(d) Los Angeles Airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the last time that Joan covered a convention at Madison Square Garden?
2. Who said that self-pity is "our worst enemy"?
3. In a dream, what did Joan dream that she was hanging in a closet?
4. What time was John pronounced dead?
5. Where did John and Joan meet Joe and Gertrude Black?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Quintana refer to her memory as "mudgy"?
2. What did Joan argue about with a doctor after Quintana had been intubated for almost a week?
3. Did Joan believe that wild things feel loss?
4. Why wouldn't the funeral be the worst thing that a grieving person had to experience?
5. Over the years, what would Dominique do with Quintana?
6. What were some things that John said that Joan should or should not do if something happened to him?
7. Why did Joan resist the tracheostomy so fiercely?
8. What did it mean that post-mortem lividity was present in John's body?
9. How would Quintana spend weekends when she was at Rusk Institute?
10. What little things could Joan do for Quintana when she was at Rusk Institute?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)