|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the male patient from who lay to the left of Quintana's bed at UCLA?
2. How many cases of sudden death from cardiac arrest typically occurred at home?
(a) 90 percent.
(b) 50 percent.
(c) 60 percent
(d) 80 percent.
3. Prior to working at "The New Yorker," where did John's editor work?
(a) Random House.
(b) Harcourt, Brace & Co.
(c) Oxford University Press.
(d) University of Chicago Press.
4. How long did it take the ambulance to get to John's and Joan's apartment after the emergency call was received?
(a) 11 minutes.
(b) 8 mintues.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
5. Which Protestant denomination did Joan say used these words in a litany, "as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did John and Joan put down as a deposit on the house in Brentwood Park?
2. What percent was the stenosis of John's left main and left anterior descending arteries?
3. Who said that self-pity is "our worst enemy"?
4. Where did John graduate from college?
5. How long after Quintana was discharged from the Rusk Institute did Joan go to the Democratic convention?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Joan resist the tracheostomy so fiercely?
2. Some people think that their deceased loved one can be seen or heard. Did Joan believe that she could see or hear John?
3. Why did Quintana refer to her memory as "mudgy"?
4. Why was Joan startled when she checked her piece of writing that she wrote after John died?
5. What was John's last birthday present to Joan?
6. What was the sequence of events the night that John died?
7. Why wouldn't the funeral be the worst thing that a grieving person had to experience?
8. How did Joan wear rings and why?
9. What thoughts were running through Joan's mind as she flew from Logan airport to LaGuardia after leaving the Democratic convention?
10. What did Joan argue about with a doctor after Quintana had been intubated for almost a week?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)