|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What pattern of dishes did Joan find in a cupboard that John's mother had given him?
2. When Joan wrote her first piece after John died, when was the last time that he didn't read one of her drafts?
3. What type of flowers did Joan pin in her hair while trying for a "bride" effect?
4. Who was John's editor at "The New Yorker"?
(a) Martha Wyatt.
(b) Andrea Framingham.
(c) Rebecca Delinsky.
(d) Sharon DeLano.
5. Who asked Joan if she wanted to cover the Democratic and Republic summer conventions?
(a) David Brown.
(b) Robert Silvers.
(c) Louis Griffin.
(d) Bryant Davidson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Nick's daughter, Dominique, when she was in John and Joan's wedding?
2. What restaurant would John and Joan go to for breakfast after a dentist appointment?
3. How old was Joan when the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima?
4. How old was Joan when Quintana was three years old?
5. What year was it when John and Joan were at a red light and saw the driver suddenly slump over his steering wheel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Joan resist the tracheostomy so fiercely?
2. How did Joan wear rings and why?
3. What was the sequence of events the night that John died?
4. What were some things that John said that Joan should or should not do if something happened to him?
5. Why wouldn't the funeral be the worst thing that a grieving person had to experience?
6. What comments about their wedding day did Joan find that John had written in 1990?
7. What was John's last birthday present to Joan?
8. What did Joan argue about with a doctor after Quintana had been intubated for almost a week?
9. Why did Quintana refer to her memory as "mudgy"?
10. Why did Joan use to tell John her dreams.
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)