|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Euripedes' plays did Joan feel that she must reread?
(c) The Bacchae.
(d) Trojan Women.
2. Prior to working at "The New Yorker," where did John's editor work?
(a) University of Chicago Press.
(b) Harcourt, Brace & Co.
(c) Random House.
(d) Oxford University Press.
3. When did Joan receive John's autopsy?
(a) March 2004.
(b) September 2004.
(c) June 2004.
(d) December 2004.
4. What was the name of John's brother Nick's wife?
5. How old was Joan when Quintana was three years old?
(a) 29 years old.
(b) 32 years old.
(c) 34 years old.
(d) 31 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did John graduate from college?
2. Which Protestant denomination did Joan say used these words in a litany, "as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end"?
3. How old was Joan when the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima?
4. When did Joan request a copy of John's autopsy?
5. Who spoke at the senior banquet when John graduated from college?
Short Essay Questions
1. After reading the autopsy report, what did Joan finally begin to believe?
2. Why did Joan find herself in tears when she was walking to the opening of the Democratic convention?
3. What comments about their wedding day did Joan find that John had written in 1990?
4. Why did Quintana refer to her memory as "mudgy"?
5. Where did John and Joan meet the Blacks?
6. How would Quintana spend weekends when she was at Rusk Institute?
7. Why did Joan resist the tracheostomy so fiercely?
8. Why did it take so long for Joan to receive a copy of John's autopsy?
9. What book did Joan receive from Princeton late in the summer?
10. What thoughts were running through Joan's mind as she flew from Logan airport to LaGuardia after leaving the Democratic convention?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)