|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what street was the Rusk Institute located?
(a) 41st. St.
(b) 52nd St.
(c) 64th St.
(d) 34th St.
2. What time was John pronounced dead?
(a) 10: 53 p.m.
(b) 11:13 p.m.
(c) 10:18 p.m.
(d) 9:47 p.m.
3. Where was the 2004 Democratic convention held?
(a) Los Angeles.
4. In Chapter 13, what was the name of the character in the excerpt Joan quoted from a novel she wrote in the mid-1990's?
5. Who spoke at the senior banquet when John graduated from college?
(a) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Adlai Stevenson.
(d) William Holden.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Nick's daughter Dominique die?
2. How many letters did Joan have from John?
3. Who wrote a book about her husband's death that Joan despised?
4. During the years that John and Joan were married, how much time did they not spend working at home?
5. What type of fish were in the pond at Rusk Institute?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Joan startled when she checked her piece of writing that she wrote after John died?
2. Why did Joan find herself in tears when she was walking to the opening of the Democratic convention?
3. How did Joan wear rings and why?
4. Where did John and Joan meet the Blacks?
5. After reading the autopsy report, what did Joan finally begin to believe?
6. What thoughts were running through Joan's mind as she flew from Logan airport to LaGuardia after leaving the Democratic convention?
7. What were some things that John said that Joan should or should not do if something happened to him?
8. Why did John and Joan have trouble selling their house in Malibu?
9. How would Quintana spend weekends when she was at Rusk Institute?
10. What would John and Joan do after the 1992 Democratic convention?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)