|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did John place at the top of the pile of books near his reading chair?
(a) Churchill, Hitler, and the Unnecessary War.
(b) Best Little Stories of Winston Churchill.
(c) Five Days in London: May 1940.
(d) Troublesome Young Men.
2. What time did the Emergency Medical Services receive the call to come to John's and Joan's apartment?
(a) 8:50 p.m.
(b) 9:15 p.m.
(c) 10:05 p.m.
(d) 9:30 p.m.
3. What church was across the street from Joan's and John's apartment?
(a) St. Andrew's Church.
(b) St. Peter's Church.
(c) St. James Church.
(d) St. Thomas Church.
4. In Chapter 13, what was the name of the character in the excerpt Joan quoted from a novel she wrote in the mid-1990's?
5. How old was Joan when she despised the book "Leftover Life to Kill"?
(a) 35 years old.
(b) 29 years old.
(c) 22 years old.
(d) 31 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time was John pronounced dead?
2. Who said that self-pity is "our worst enemy"?
3. What did Joan watch from the windows at UCLA?
4. What was the name of John's brother Nick's wife?
5. What might Quintana and Gerry do during the weekend while Quintana was at Rusk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Joan find herself in tears when she was walking to the opening of the Democratic convention?
2. Describe the dream about the braided belt and what it meant to Joan.
3. Why was Joan startled when she checked her piece of writing that she wrote after John died?
4. What arrangements were made to transfer Quintana from UCLA to New York University Hospital in New York?
5. Why did it take so long for Joan to receive a copy of John's autopsy?
6. What did it mean that post-mortem lividity was present in John's body?
7. How would Quintana spend weekends when she was at Rusk Institute?
8. What would John and Joan do after the 1992 Democratic convention?
9. Did Joan believe that wild things feel loss?
10. What did Joan argue about with a doctor after Quintana had been intubated for almost a week?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)