|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Joan when Quintana was three years old?
(a) 32 years old.
(b) 29 years old.
(c) 31 years old.
(d) 34 years old.
2. What months did Quintana spend at the Rusk Institute?
(a) August and September.
(b) July and August.
(c) May, June, July.
(d) June, July, August.
3. What year did John graduate from college?
4. How many cases of sudden death from cardiac arrest typically occurred at home?
(a) 90 percent.
(b) 50 percent.
(c) 80 percent.
(d) 60 percent
5. Who spoke at the senior banquet when John graduated from college?
(a) Adlai Stevenson.
(b) William Holden.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) Winston Churchill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of John's brother Nick's wife?
2. Which of Joan's novels had a passage about dreams?
3. How did Dominique die?
4. How much snow fell on Joan's birthday in 2003?
5. Where was the 2004 Democratic convention held?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did John and Joan meet the Blacks?
2. Why did Quintana refer to her memory as "mudgy"?
3. What was John's last birthday present to Joan?
4. Did Joan believe that wild things feel loss?
5. Over the years, what would Dominique do with Quintana?
6. What thoughts were running through Joan's mind as she flew from Logan airport to LaGuardia after leaving the Democratic convention?
7. What little things could Joan do for Quintana when she was at Rusk Institute?
8. What did Joan argue about with a doctor after Quintana had been intubated for almost a week?
9. Why did Joan find herself in tears when she was walking to the opening of the Democratic convention?
10. Why wouldn't the funeral be the worst thing that a grieving person had to experience?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)