|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Quintana allowed to fly back to New York?
2. What medication was given to John at the apartment three times while paramedics worked on him?
3. Who said that self-pity is "our worst enemy"?
(a) Helen Keller.
(b) C. S. Lewis.
(c) D. H. Lawrence.
(d) Philippe Aries.
4. Who spoke at the senior banquet when John graduated from college?
(a) Winston Churchill.
(b) William Holden.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) Adlai Stevenson.
5. When did the Democratic convention begin?
(a) August 4, 2004.
(b) July 26, 2004.
(c) August 12, 2004.
(d) July 31, 2004.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of a tree did Joan drape colored Christmas lights on in Chapter 20?
2. What might Quintana and Gerry do during the weekend while Quintana was at Rusk?
3. How much snow fell on Joan's birthday in 2003?
4. How long did it take the ambulance to get to John's and Joan's apartment after the emergency call was received?
5. What color were the curtains that separated the patient's beds at UCLA?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would Quintana spend weekends when she was at Rusk Institute?
2. Where did John and Joan meet the Blacks?
3. Why did Joan find herself in tears when she was walking to the opening of the Democratic convention?
4. What would John and Joan do after the 1992 Democratic convention?
5. What thoughts were running through Joan's mind as she flew from Logan airport to LaGuardia after leaving the Democratic convention?
6. What arrangements were made to transfer Quintana from UCLA to New York University Hospital in New York?
7. Why was Joan startled when she checked her piece of writing that she wrote after John died?
8. What book did Joan receive from Princeton late in the summer?
9. What did it mean that post-mortem lividity was present in John's body?
10. Over the years, what would Dominique do with Quintana?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)