|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did an author write "Mourning and Melancholia"?
2. What was the press rate for a lanai suite at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel when Joan began working for "Life"?
3. What color sorbet and napkins did Quintana have at her wedding?
4. What was the date when Quintana was told her father died?
(a) January 15, 2004.
(b) February 3, 2004.
(c) December 31, 2004.
(d) January 2, 2004.
5. Where did Quintana get the Canyon Ranch T-shirt that John usually wore when he went walking?
(b) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old were Joan and her brother when her mother was dying?
2. Which drug company manufactured the drug that Quintana was given to treat sepsis?
3. When did John have a pacemaker implanted?
4. What was Joan watching when she first noticed the vortex effect?
5. What was Quintana's temperature the first time she went to the emergency room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Joan resist the tracheostomy so fiercely?
2. What were some things that John said that Joan should or should not do if something happened to him?
3. Why did Joan find herself in tears when she was walking to the opening of the Democratic convention?
4. What was Joan's first column like that she wrote for "Life"?
5. What incidents indicated that Joan was not thinking clearly?
6. Who came to stay with Joan in the weeks that followed John's death?
7. How did friends and relatives help Joan in the first three weeks after John died?
8. Did Joan believe that wild things feel loss?
9. Why did it take so long for Joan to receive a copy of John's autopsy?
10. Why were Joan and John evicted from their house on the Palos Verdes Peninsula?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)