|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "A Grief Observed"?
(a) Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
(b) H. Norman Wright.
(c) Martha Whitmore.
(d) C.S. Lewis.
2. When Quintana was in the ICU at UCLA, what program did Joan listen to on the radio?
(a) From the Top.
(b) All Things Considered.
(c) All Songs Considered.
(d) Morning Becomes Eclectic.
3. Which drug company manufactured the drug that Quintana was given to treat sepsis?
(a) Eli Lilly.
4. What did Joan wear to her wedding?
(a) A short white silk dress.
(b) A white suit.
(c) A cream colored dress.
(d) A long white dress.
5. When did Quintana and Gerry fly to California?
(a) February 4, 2004.
(b) March 25, 2004.
(c) January 30, 2004.
(d) April 6, 2004.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did it cost in the late 1960's to fly from Los Angeles to San Francisco or Sacramento or San Jose for a round trip flight?
2. After Teresa Heinz Kerry's first husband died, where did she feel a need to go?
3. What did Quintana put up her nose twice in two days when she was little?
4. In her reading, what did Joan learn was the mortality rate for those who had fixed and dilated pupils?
5. Before Quintana became ill, where had she and her husband planned to spend Christmas night and a few days?
Short Essay Questions
1. During her reading, what did Joan learn were some means that were used to test a patient's memory and comprehension?
2. What happened when Gerry and Quintana arrived in California?
3. What expensive drug was Quintana given when she developed sepsis?
4. Who came to stay with Joan in the weeks that followed John's death?
5. How did friends and relatives help Joan in the first three weeks after John died?
6. What were the first words that Joan wrote after her husband's death?
7. Why on most surface levels did Joan seem rational?
8. What did Freud say about grief?
9. Why was John depressed in 2003?
10. How did Joan, Gerry and Tony plan to tell Quintana that her father died?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)