|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Joan watching when she first noticed the vortex effect?
(c) Icicles dripping.
(d) Ice floes.
2. What type of ATM card did John have in his pocket when he died?
(a) Capital One.
(b) Wells Fargo.
(d) Bank of America.
3. Which of Joan's novels used an incident about a woman whose abortion was paid for by the district attorney's office?
(a) Play It As It Lays.
(d) Slouching Towards Bethlehem.
4. How many nights had Quintana spent in the hospital between December 2003 and January 2004?
(a) 21 nights.
(b) 18 nights.
(c) 24 nights.
(d) 15 nights.
5. Before Quintana became ill, where had she and her husband planned to spend Christmas night and a few days?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did Joan and John walk?
2. What type of clothing did Joan buy to wear in Los Angeles?
3. Who cleaned the blood on the living room floor after John died?
4. After Teresa Heinz Kerry's first husband died, where did she feel a need to go?
5. Where was John's cardiologist when John died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did John look like when Joan saw him in the emergency room?
2. Why did Joan write "The Year of Magical Thinking"?
3. What did John do before he and Joan ate dinner the night of December 30?
4. Why was Quintanna, Joan's and John's daughter in the hospital, when her father died?
5. What was Joan's first column like that she wrote for "Life"?
6. What were the first words that Joan wrote after her husband's death?
7. What one object did Sara Mankiewicz remove from her house when John and Joan rented it and why?
8. Why did a woman that Joan worked with at "Vogue" have an abortion that was paid for by the attorney general's office?
9. What expensive drug was Quintana given when she developed sepsis?
10. Describe John's funeral.
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)