|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Quintana get the Canyon Ranch T-shirt that John usually wore when he went walking?
(d) New Mexico.
2. What was the press rate for a lanai suite at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel when Joan began working for "Life"?
3. What day of the week did John die?
4. Who was the elevator man who amused himself with John in the elevator with a small verbal game?
(a) Albert Mueller.
(b) Manuel Lopez.
(c) Michael Flynn.
(d) Vasile Ionescu.
5. What flowers were on a wallpaper border in a room at Beth Israel North?
(a) Forget Me Nots.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Joan interview Teresa Heinz Kerry?
2. What time did the paramedics arrive at Joan's apartment building?
3. What was the name of the book John was reading the night he died?
4. How much did it cost Joan and John to rent a house on Franklin Avenue in Hollywood many years ago?
5. What Matthew Arnold poem did Joan mention reading in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Joan describe people who recently lost someone?
2. How did John, Joan, Gerry and Quintana spend Thanksgiving 2003?
3. How did Joan, Gerry and Tony plan to tell Quintana that her father died?
4. Where did Joan and John walk together during their morning walks?
5. Why was Quintanna, Joan's and John's daughter in the hospital, when her father died?
6. What did Melanie Klein say about grief?
7. What did Joan first think when she looked up and saw John slumped over, motionless at dinner?
8. What advice about attending funerals did Joan read that was written by Emily Post in her 1922 book of etiquette?
9. Why did Joan write "The Year of Magical Thinking"?
10. In Chapter 4, what does Joan say about where and when she and John were married?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)