|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the date when Quintana was told her father died?
(a) January 15, 2004.
(b) January 2, 2004.
(c) February 3, 2004.
(d) December 31, 2004.
2. What was Joan's occupation?
3. How much did it cost in the late 1960's to fly from Los Angeles to San Francisco or Sacramento or San Jose for a round trip flight?
4. What word did Joan consider adding in the phrase, "Life changes in the instant"?
5. What day was Quintana taken to the hospital emergency room toward the end of 2003?
(a) December 25.
(b) December 18.
(c) November 15.
(d) November 30.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flowers were on a wallpaper border in a room at Beth Israel North?
2. What radio station did Joan listen to when she lived in California?
3. What did Joan wish she could use to record the memories that she included in the book rather than writing about them?
4. What type of clothing did Joan buy to wear in Los Angeles?
5. In her reading, what did Joan learn was the mortality rate for those who had fixed and dilated pupils?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Quintanna, Joan's and John's daughter in the hospital, when her father died?
2. Why were Joan and John evicted from their house on the Palos Verdes Peninsula?
3. Who came to stay with Joan in the weeks that followed John's death?
4. How did friends and relatives help Joan in the first three weeks after John died?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Joan say about where and when she and John were married?
6. What advice about attending funerals did Joan read that was written by Emily Post in her 1922 book of etiquette?
7. How did Joan describe people who recently lost someone?
8. During her reading, what did Joan learn were some means that were used to test a patient's memory and comprehension?
9. How did John, Joan, Gerry and Quintana spend Thanksgiving 2003?
10. What promise did Joan make to Quintana that she realized that she would not be able to keep and why?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)