|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her reading, what did Joan learn was the mortality rate for those who had fixed and dilated pupils?
(a) 75 percent.
(b) 55 percent.
(c) 63 percent.
(d) 48 percent.
2. Where was Quintana born?
(b) Santa Monica.
(d) Holmby Hills.
3. What word did Joan consider adding in the phrase, "Life changes in the instant"?
4. How old was Quintana when Joan wrote a book that told about a woman whose abortion was paid for by the district attorney's office?
(a) 5 years old.
(b) 3 years old
(c) 4 years old.
(d) 2 years old.
5. When did Quintana and Gerry fly to California?
(a) February 4, 2004.
(b) March 25, 2004.
(c) April 6, 2004.
(d) January 30, 2004.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what floor of the hospital was the ICU located where Quintana was a patient when John died?
2. What color sorbet and napkins did Quintana have at her wedding?
3. How often did Joan and John walk?
4. What was the date of John and Joan's wedding?
5. How many people attended John and Joan's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Joan and John walk together during their morning walks?
2. What expensive drug was Quintana given when she developed sepsis?
3. Why did a woman that Joan worked with at "Vogue" have an abortion that was paid for by the attorney general's office?
4. Why was John depressed in 2003?
5. What were the first words that Joan wrote after her husband's death?
6. What incidents indicated that Joan was not thinking clearly?
7. How did Joan, Gerry and Tony plan to tell Quintana that her father died?
8. Why on most surface levels did Joan seem rational?
9. What was Joan's first column like that she wrote for "Life"?
10. What did Joan first think when she looked up and saw John slumped over, motionless at dinner?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)