|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Quintana born?
(a) Santa Monica.
(c) Holmby Hills.
2. In her reading, what did Joan learn was the mortality rate for those who had fixed and dilated pupils?
(a) 75 percent.
(b) 55 percent.
(c) 63 percent.
(d) 48 percent.
3. When did Joan first notice what she called the "vortex" effect?
4. What flowers were on a wallpaper border in a room at Beth Israel North?
(d) Forget Me Nots.
5. When did Quintana and Gerry fly to California?
(a) April 6, 2004.
(b) March 25, 2004.
(c) January 30, 2004.
(d) February 4, 2004.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Quintana became ill, where had she and her husband planned to spend Christmas night and a few days?
2. Who said that the act of grieving "Involves grave departures from the normal attitude to life"?
3. Who wrote "Mourning and Its Relation to Manic-Depressive States"?
4. What was Quintana's temperature the first time she went to the emergency room?
5. What time did the paramedics arrive at Joan's apartment building?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does Joan say about where and when she and John were married?
2. What did Freud say about grief?
3. Why were Joan and John evicted from their house on the Palos Verdes Peninsula?
4. What would John and Joan do after the 1992 Democratic convention?
5. Describe John's funeral.
6. How did Joan describe people who recently lost someone?
7. What did John look like when Joan saw him in the emergency room?
8. What one object did Sara Mankiewicz remove from her house when John and Joan rented it and why?
9. What did Joan argue about with a doctor after Quintana had been intubated for almost a week?
10. Why did Quintana refer to her memory as "mudgy"?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)