|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was John's cardiologist when John died?
(b) Martha's Vineyard.
(d) Cape Cod.
2. How many days after her husband's death did Joan write a few lines about the way life changes in an instant?
(a) 7 days.
(b) 2-3 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 6-8 days.
3. What sea creatures did studies show refused to eat after a mate died?
4. How much did it cost Joan and John to rent a house on Franklin Avenue in Hollywood many years ago?
5. What word did Joan consider adding in the phrase, "Life changes in the instant"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the date on the computer file that contained the first few lines that Joan wrote after her husband's death?
2. What radio station did Joan listen to when she lived in California?
3. When did John have a pacemaker implanted?
4. How many times did Joan have to repeat the story of how John died to Quintana?
5. Which of Joan's novels used an incident about a woman whose abortion was paid for by the district attorney's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does Joan say about where and when she and John were married?
2. During her reading, what did Joan learn were some means that were used to test a patient's memory and comprehension?
3. What advice about attending funerals did Joan read that was written by Emily Post in her 1922 book of etiquette?
4. Why was John depressed in 2003?
5. What promise did Joan make to Quintana that she realized that she would not be able to keep and why?
6. What did Melanie Klein say about grief?
7. How did Joan, Gerry and Tony plan to tell Quintana that her father died?
8. What was Joan's first column like that she wrote for "Life"?
9. What incidents indicated that Joan was not thinking clearly?
10. Where did Joan and John walk together during their morning walks?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)