|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the date of John and Joan's wedding?
(a) April 12, 1965.
(b) June 29, 1964.
(c) March 15, 1965.
(d) January 30, 1964.
2. Which drug company manufactured the drug that Quintana was given to treat sepsis?
(b) Eli Lilly.
3. What radio station did Joan listen to when she lived in California?
4. What did Joan wear to her wedding?
(a) A short white silk dress.
(b) A cream colored dress.
(c) A white suit.
(d) A long white dress.
5. How long were the paramedics in Joan's apartment?
(a) 50 minutes.
(b) 65 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 70 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "A Grief Observed"?
2. What was the name of the book John was reading the night he died?
3. What did Quintana put up her nose twice in two days when she was little?
4. What day was Quintana taken to the hospital emergency room toward the end of 2003?
5. What was Quintana's temperature the first time she went to the emergency room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Joan resist the tracheostomy so fiercely?
2. How would Quintana spend weekends when she was at Rusk Institute?
3. What thoughts were running through Joan's mind as she flew from Logan airport to LaGuardia after leaving the Democratic convention?
4. What was Joan's first column like that she wrote for "Life"?
5. What expensive drug was Quintana given when she developed sepsis?
6. What were some things that John said that Joan should or should not do if something happened to him?
7. How did Joan, Gerry and Tony plan to tell Quintana that her father died?
8. In Chapter 4, what does Joan say about where and when she and John were married?
9. Why did Joan write "The Year of Magical Thinking"?
10. Why did Joan host a Christmas Eve dinner in 2004 as she and John always did?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)