|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flowers were on a wallpaper border in a room at Beth Israel North?
(b) Forget Me Nots.
2. What time did the paramedics arrive at Joan's apartment building?
(a) 9:20 p.m.
(b) 10:05 p.m.
(c) 8:45 p.m.
(d) 10:35 p.m.
3. What was Quintana's temperature the first time she went to the emergency room?
4. After John's death, which of John's novels did Joan realize was about grief?
(a) Nothing Lost.
(b) Dutch Shea, Jr.
(c) The Studio.
5. What was the date when Quintana was told her father died?
(a) January 15, 2004.
(b) January 2, 2004.
(c) December 31, 2004.
(d) February 3, 2004.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joan wish she could use to record the memories that she included in the book rather than writing about them?
2. When did an author write "Mourning and Melancholia"?
3. What type of drink did Joan get John when they came from visiting Quintana?
4. Who wrote "Mourning and Its Relation to Manic-Depressive States"?
5. What radio station did Joan listen to when she lived in California?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Joan first think when she looked up and saw John slumped over, motionless at dinner?
2. How did Joan describe people who recently lost someone?
3. What expensive drug was Quintana given when she developed sepsis?
4. Why did Joan write "The Year of Magical Thinking"?
5. Why did a woman that Joan worked with at "Vogue" have an abortion that was paid for by the attorney general's office?
6. Where did Joan and John walk together during their morning walks?
7. Who came to stay with Joan in the weeks that followed John's death?
8. What did John do before he and Joan ate dinner the night of December 30?
9. What did Freud say about grief?
10. What happened when Gerry and Quintana arrived in California?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)