|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Mourning and Its Relation to Manic-Depressive States" written?
2. What was the date on the computer file that contained the first few lines that Joan wrote after her husband's death?
(a) January 4, 2004.
(b) April 12, 2004.
(c) March 13, 2004.
(d) May 20, 2004.
3. Who wrote "Mourning and Its Relation to Manic-Depressive States"?
(a) Martin Andrews.
(b) Peter Phillips.
(c) Bridget Davidson.
(d) Melanie Klein.
4. How many people attended John and Joan's wedding?
5. Who wrote the book John was reading the night he died?
(a) Martin Nighly.
(b) Bryant Gillian.
(c) David Fromkin.
(d) Paul Newcomber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which drug company manufactured the drug that Quintana was given to treat sepsis?
2. Who wrote "A Grief Observed"?
3. What type of ATM card did John have in his pocket when he died?
4. How much did it cost in the late 1960's to fly from Los Angeles to San Francisco or Sacramento or San Jose for a round trip flight?
5. What did Quintana put up her nose twice in two days when she was little?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why on most surface levels did Joan seem rational?
2. What incidents indicated that Joan was not thinking clearly?
3. What did Melanie Klein say about grief?
4. In Chapter 4, what does Joan say about where and when she and John were married?
5. Where did Joan and John walk together during their morning walks?
6. What one object did Sara Mankiewicz remove from her house when John and Joan rented it and why?
7. What did Joan first think when she looked up and saw John slumped over, motionless at dinner?
8. What did John do before he and Joan ate dinner the night of December 30?
9. What was Joan's first column like that she wrote for "Life"?
10. Why was Quintanna, Joan's and John's daughter in the hospital, when her father died?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)