Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joan wish she could use to record the memories that she included in the book rather than writing about them?
(a) A digital camera.
(b) A digital editing system.
(c) A digital scrapbook.
(d) A tape recorder.
2. What book did Joan read that made her realize the significance of things she was told about Quintana's condition in California?
(a) The Soul of Medicine.
(b) How We Die.
(c) How We Live.
(d) The Art of Aging.
3. How did John's father die?
(a) Cardiac arrest.
(b) A stroke.
(c) A car accident.
(d) A construction accident.
4. Where was the funeral for John held?
(a) Church of St. Augustine.
(b) Church of Christ the King.
(c) Cathedral of St. John the Divine.
(d) Church of St. Anthony of Padua.
5. Before Quintana became ill, where had she and her husband planned to spend Christmas night and a few days?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Joan interview people in Honolulu about December 7, 1941?
2. When Quintana was in the ICU at UCLA, what program did Joan listen to on the radio?
3. In her reading, what did Joan learn was the mortality rate for those who had fixed and dilated pupils?
4. When did John have a pacemaker implanted?
5. When did Joan interview Teresa Heinz Kerry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What incidents indicated that Joan was not thinking clearly?
2. How would Quintana spend weekends when she was at Rusk Institute?
3. Why did Joan believe that there was a point at which the dead must be relinquished?
4. Why was Quintanna, Joan's and John's daughter in the hospital, when her father died?
5. What did Joan do Christmas morning 2004?
6. What advice about attending funerals did Joan read that was written by Emily Post in her 1922 book of etiquette?
7. What did it mean that post-mortem lividity was present in John's body?
8. Why wouldn't the funeral be the worst thing that a grieving person had to experience?
9. Why did Joan use to tell John her dreams.
10. What would John and Joan do after the 1992 Democratic convention?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)