|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did it cost Joan and John to rent a house on Franklin Avenue in Hollywood many years ago?
2. Who wrote "A Grief Observed"?
(a) C.S. Lewis.
(b) Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
(c) Martha Whitmore.
(d) H. Norman Wright.
3. What was the date when Quintana was told her father died?
(a) February 3, 2004.
(b) December 31, 2004.
(c) January 2, 2004.
(d) January 15, 2004.
4. Where was Quintana born?
(b) Holmby Hills.
(c) Santa Monica.
5. What book did Joan read that made her realize the significance of things she was told about Quintana's condition in California?
(a) The Soul of Medicine.
(b) The Art of Aging.
(c) How We Live.
(d) How We Die.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Quintana was in the ICU at UCLA, what program did Joan listen to on the radio?
2. After Teresa Heinz Kerry's first husband died, where did she feel a need to go?
3. When was "Mourning and Its Relation to Manic-Depressive States" written?
4. What was the date of John's funeral?
5. What color sorbet and napkins did Quintana have at her wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Joan, Gerry and Tony plan to tell Quintana that her father died?
2. What one object did Sara Mankiewicz remove from her house when John and Joan rented it and why?
3. What did Joan first think when she looked up and saw John slumped over, motionless at dinner?
4. Describe John's funeral.
5. What happened when Gerry and Quintana arrived in California?
6. What did Melanie Klein say about grief?
7. During her reading, what did Joan learn were some means that were used to test a patient's memory and comprehension?
8. Why did a woman that Joan worked with at "Vogue" have an abortion that was paid for by the attorney general's office?
9. How did Joan describe people who recently lost someone?
10. Why was Quintanna, Joan's and John's daughter in the hospital, when her father died?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)