|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said that the act of grieving "Involves grave departures from the normal attitude to life"?
2. What was the date of John and Joan's wedding?
(a) March 15, 1965.
(b) January 30, 1964.
(c) April 12, 1965.
(d) June 29, 1964.
3. What book did Joan buy, but have difficult deciphering the language?
(a) Clinical Neuroanatomy.
(b) Neuroanatomy Through Clinical Cases.
(c) High-Yield Neuroanatomy.
(d) The Clinical Practice of Neurological and Neurosurgical Nursing.
4. How long after John's death was his funeral held?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 months.
5. What word did Joan consider adding in the phrase, "Life changes in the instant"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many nights had Quintana spent in the hospital between December 2003 and January 2004?
2. When did John and Joan visit the Miami-Dade Medical Examiner's office?
3. What radio station did Joan listen to when she lived in California?
4. When Quintana was in the ICU at UCLA, what program did Joan listen to on the radio?
5. What day of the week did John die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did John, Joan, Gerry and Quintana spend Thanksgiving 2003?
2. Describe John's funeral.
3. Why were Joan and John evicted from their house on the Palos Verdes Peninsula?
4. What did John do before he and Joan ate dinner the night of December 30?
5. What did Freud say about grief?
6. Why did a woman that Joan worked with at "Vogue" have an abortion that was paid for by the attorney general's office?
7. Why on most surface levels did Joan seem rational?
8. What did Melanie Klein say about grief?
9. What incidents indicated that Joan was not thinking clearly?
10. Where did Joan and John walk together during their morning walks?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)