|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Quintana's best friend from California?
2. How many times did Joan have to repeat the story of how John died to Quintana?
(a) 1 time.
(b) 2 times.
(c) 4 times.
(d) 3 times.
3. What time did the paramedics arrive at Joan's apartment building?
(a) 10:05 p.m.
(b) 10:35 p.m.
(c) 8:45 p.m.
(d) 9:20 p.m.
4. What did Quintana wear to her wedding?
(a) A short cream colored dress.
(b) A short white dress.
(c) A pink suit.
(d) A long white dress.
5. When did Joan begin writing the book, "The Year of Magical Thinking"?
(a) August 18, 2004.
(b) December 30, 2004.
(c) October 4, 2004.
(d) November 14, 2004.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did John's father die?
2. What did Joan wear to her wedding?
3. When did John die?
4. What type of drink did Joan get John when they came from visiting Quintana?
5. How many paramedics did Joan think came when she called for an ambulance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Joan, Gerry and Tony plan to tell Quintana that her father died?
2. Why did Joan host a Christmas Eve dinner in 2004 as she and John always did?
3. Describe the dream about the braided belt and what it meant to Joan.
4. What did John do before he and Joan ate dinner the night of December 30?
5. How did Joan describe people who recently lost someone?
6. After reading the autopsy report, what did Joan finally begin to believe?
7. Why was Quintanna, Joan's and John's daughter in the hospital, when her father died?
8. What was Joan's first column like that she wrote for "Life"?
9. Why was John depressed in 2003?
10. Why did Joan believe that there was a point at which the dead must be relinquished?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)