|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often did Joan and John walk?
(a) Every afternoon.
(b) Every morning.
(c) A couple times a week.
(d) Three or four times a week.
2. How many nights had Quintana spent in the hospital between December 2003 and January 2004?
(a) 24 nights.
(b) 18 nights.
(c) 15 nights.
(d) 21 nights.
3. When were the 2004 Academy Awards held?
(a) February 29.
(b) February 18.
(c) March 11.
(d) March 4.
4. What Matthew Arnold poem did Joan mention reading in Chapter 4?
(a) A Dream.
(b) Dover Beach.
(c) The Forsaken Merman.
(d) The Buried Life.
5. How much did it cost Joan and John to rent a house on Franklin Avenue in Hollywood many years ago?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Joan interview Teresa Heinz Kerry?
2. When did Joan interview people in Honolulu about December 7, 1941?
3. How many days after her husband's death did Joan write a few lines about the way life changes in an instant?
4. What was the date when Quintana was told her father died?
5. On what floor of the hospital was the ICU located where Quintana was a patient when John died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did John, Joan, Gerry and Quintana spend Thanksgiving 2003?
2. Where did Joan and John walk together during their morning walks?
3. During her reading, what did Joan learn were some means that were used to test a patient's memory and comprehension?
4. Describe John's funeral.
5. How did Joan describe people who recently lost someone?
6. What did Joan first think when she looked up and saw John slumped over, motionless at dinner?
7. Who came to stay with Joan in the weeks that followed John's death?
8. Why on most surface levels did Joan seem rational?
9. How did friends and relatives help Joan in the first three weeks after John died?
10. Why was John depressed in 2003?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)