|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time did the paramedics arrive at Joan's apartment building?
(a) 10:35 p.m.
(b) 10:05 p.m.
(c) 9:20 p.m.
(d) 8:45 p.m.
2. On what floor of the hospital was the ICU located where Quintana was a patient when John died?
(a) 3rd floor.
(b) 6th floor.
(c) 8th floor.
(d) 4th floor.
3. When did Quintana and Gerry fly to California?
(a) February 4, 2004.
(b) April 6, 2004.
(c) March 25, 2004.
(d) January 30, 2004.
4. How long were the paramedics in Joan's apartment?
(a) 65 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 70 minutes.
(d) 50 minutes.
5. After John's death, which of John's novels did Joan realize was about grief?
(b) Nothing Lost.
(c) The Studio.
(d) Dutch Shea, Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Quintana became ill, where had she and her husband planned to spend Christmas night and a few days?
2. What poet did John's brother Nick read at the funeral?
3. In her reading, what did Joan learn was the mortality rate for those who had fixed and dilated pupils?
4. What was the date of John's funeral?
5. How old was Joan's mother when she was near death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did John do before he and Joan ate dinner the night of December 30?
2. What happened when Gerry and Quintana arrived in California?
3. What did Melanie Klein say about grief?
4. Why were Joan and John evicted from their house on the Palos Verdes Peninsula?
5. Why was Quintanna, Joan's and John's daughter in the hospital, when her father died?
6. What promise did Joan make to Quintana that she realized that she would not be able to keep and why?
7. What one object did Sara Mankiewicz remove from her house when John and Joan rented it and why?
8. How did John, Joan, Gerry and Quintana spend Thanksgiving 2003?
9. What did John look like when Joan saw him in the emergency room?
10. What incidents indicated that Joan was not thinking clearly?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)