|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week did John die?
2. How much did it cost Joan and John to rent a house on Franklin Avenue in Hollywood many years ago?
3. Where was the funeral for John held?
(a) Church of St. Anthony of Padua.
(b) Cathedral of St. John the Divine.
(c) Church of Christ the King.
(d) Church of St. Augustine.
4. What type of drink did Joan get John when they came from visiting Quintana?
5. How many people attended John and Joan's wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many paramedics did Joan think came when she called for an ambulance?
2. When John's funeral took place, how many months had it been since Quintana's wedding?
3. Who said that the act of grieving "Involves grave departures from the normal attitude to life"?
4. What sea creatures did studies show refused to eat after a mate died?
5. What was the press rate for a lanai suite at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel when Joan began working for "Life"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What expensive drug was Quintana given when she developed sepsis?
2. What was Joan's first column like that she wrote for "Life"?
3. What did Joan first think when she looked up and saw John slumped over, motionless at dinner?
4. During her reading, what did Joan learn were some means that were used to test a patient's memory and comprehension?
5. What did Freud say about grief?
6. Describe John's funeral.
7. In Chapter 4, what does Joan say about where and when she and John were married?
8. What happened when Gerry and Quintana arrived in California?
9. Why was John depressed in 2003?
10. What incidents indicated that Joan was not thinking clearly?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)