|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joan find meaning in life?
2. Where was the male patient from who lay to the left of Quintana's bed at UCLA?
3. When did Joan request a copy of John's autopsy?
(a) February 15.
(b) January 4.
(c) February 9.
(d) January 14.
4. Who wrote a book about her husband's death that Joan despised?
(a) Caitlin Thomas.
(b) Mary Beth Crain.
(c) Barbara Barth.
(d) Lynn Caine.
5. Which Protestant denomination did Joan say used these words in a litany, "as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end"?
6. What book did someone place on top of the books by John's chair?
(a) The Most Beautiful Gardens in the World.
(b) Great Gardens of the World.
(c) The English Country House.
(d) The Agnelli Gardens at Villar Perosa.
7. When did Nick's daughter Dominique die?
8. What type of fish were in the pond at Rusk Institute?
(a) Mosquito fish.
9. What church was across the street from Joan's and John's apartment?
(a) St. James Church.
(b) St. Thomas Church.
(c) St. Peter's Church.
(d) St. Andrew's Church.
10. How much money did John and Joan put down as a deposit on the house in Brentwood Park?
11. When was the last time that Joan covered a convention at Madison Square Garden?
12. How many cases of sudden death from cardiac arrest typically occurred at home?
(a) 50 percent.
(b) 90 percent.
(c) 60 percent
(d) 80 percent.
13. What would John and Joan pass as they drove and began to argue when they lived at Portuguese Bend?
(a) The library.
(b) A car dealer.
(c) A large mansion.
(d) The refineries.
14. Where did Joan stay when she was covering the Democratic Convention?
(a) Newbury Guest House.
(b) Harborside Inn.
(c) Park Plaza Hotel.
(d) Parker House.
15. When Joan wrote her first piece after John died, when was the last time that he didn't read one of her drafts?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Quintana allowed to fly back to New York?
2. What type of a tree did Joan drape colored Christmas lights on in Chapter 20?
3. How old was Joan when she despised the book "Leftover Life to Kill"?
4. From where did Joan order her ham for the holidays in 2004?
5. What anticoagulant was John taking?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)