|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Joan wrote her first piece after John died, when was the last time that he didn't read one of her drafts?
2. What type of fish were in the pond at Rusk Institute?
(a) Mosquito fish.
3. How much snow fell on Joan's birthday in 2003?
(a) 5 inches.
(b) 9 inches.
(c) 7 inches.
(d) 2 inches.
4. How old was Joan when she despised the book "Leftover Life to Kill"?
(a) 35 years old.
(b) 31 years old.
(c) 22 years old.
(d) 29 years old.
5. How did Dominique die?
(a) She died in a car accident.
(b) She died in a plane accident.
(c) She was strangled to death.
(d) She had a sudden illness.
6. What color were the curtains that separated the patient's beds at UCLA?
7. When did Nick's daughter Dominique die?
8. What was the name of John's brother Nick's wife?
9. What was the date of Joan's birthday?
(a) December 5.
(b) December 1.
(c) December 14.
(d) December 21.
10. In Chapter 13, what was the name of the character in the excerpt Joan quoted from a novel she wrote in the mid-1990's?
11. When the air ambulance that was to transport Quintana had mechanical difficulties, where did it land?
(a) Colorado Springs.
12. Who said that self-pity is "our worst enemy"?
(a) Helen Keller.
(b) Philippe Aries.
(c) D. H. Lawrence.
(d) C. S. Lewis.
13. How many beds were in the acute rehab unit at UCLA Neuropsychiatric?
(a) 24 beds.
(b) 11 beds.
(c) 15 beds.
(d) 18 beds.
14. When was the last time that Joan covered a convention at Madison Square Garden?
15. What type of a tree did Joan drape colored Christmas lights on in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did John and Joan put down as a deposit on the house in Brentwood Park?
2. What percent was the stenosis of John's left main and left anterior descending arteries?
3. When did the Democratic convention begin?
4. What might Quintana and Gerry do during the weekend while Quintana was at Rusk?
5. How long did it take the ambulance to get to John's and Joan's apartment after the emergency call was received?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)