|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of fish were in the pond at Rusk Institute?
(a) Mosquito fish.
2. When was Quintana allowed to fly back to New York?
3. According to Quintana, what sandwich did she and Joan share when the plane that was transporting them to New York stopped to refuel?
(a) A Quarter Pounder.
(b) A McChicken.
(c) A Fish Filet.
(d) A Big Mac.
4. How many cases of sudden death from cardiac arrest typically occurred at home?
(a) 50 percent.
(b) 60 percent
(c) 80 percent.
(d) 90 percent.
5. What was the name of John's brother Nick's wife?
6. How was the man to the right of Quintana's bed at UCLA injured?
(a) Falling off a ladder.
(b) An automobile accident.
(c) Falling down the stairs.
(d) A construction accident.
7. On what peninsula was John and Joan's first house of their married life?
(c) Palos Verdes.
(d) Point Reyes.
8. Who asked Joan if she wanted to cover the Democratic and Republic summer conventions?
(a) Bryant Davidson.
(b) Robert Silvers.
(c) David Brown.
(d) Louis Griffin.
9. When the air ambulance that was to transport Quintana had mechanical difficulties, where did it land?
(d) Colorado Springs.
10. Where was the male patient from who lay to the left of Quintana's bed at UCLA?
11. What would John and Joan pass as they drove and began to argue when they lived at Portuguese Bend?
(a) The library.
(b) A car dealer.
(c) A large mansion.
(d) The refineries.
12. How many letters did Joan have from John?
(a) Hundreds of letters.
(b) 30 to 40 letters.
(c) No letters.
(d) A dozen letters.
13. How did Dominique die?
(a) She was strangled to death.
(b) She died in a plane accident.
(c) She had a sudden illness.
(d) She died in a car accident.
14. Who was John's editor at "The New Yorker"?
(a) Andrea Framingham.
(b) Rebecca Delinsky.
(c) Martha Wyatt.
(d) Sharon DeLano.
15. What months did Quintana spend at the Rusk Institute?
(a) June, July, August.
(b) July and August.
(c) May, June, July.
(d) August and September.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Nick's daughter Dominique die?
2. When Joan woke up at 3:30 one morning, what channel was the television set to?
3. By what plant in the box garden did John or Joan place Quintana in her bassinet when they first brought her home?
4. Who said that self-pity is "our worst enemy"?
5. On what street was the Rusk Institute located?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)