|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was it when John and Joan were at a red light and saw the driver suddenly slump over his steering wheel?
2. How old was Joan when she despised the book "Leftover Life to Kill"?
(a) 35 years old.
(b) 29 years old.
(c) 22 years old.
(d) 31 years old.
3. What might Quintana and Gerry do during the weekend while Quintana was at Rusk?
(a) Go to lunch and a movie.
(b) Play card games in her room.
(c) Walk around the hospital.
(d) Go for a walk in a nearby park.
4. In a dream, what did Joan dream that she was hanging in a closet?
(a) A suit coat.
(c) A dress.
(d) Braided belt.
5. On what peninsula was John and Joan's first house of their married life?
(a) Point Reyes.
(d) Palos Verdes.
6. Who wrote a book about her husband's death that Joan despised?
(a) Caitlin Thomas.
(b) Lynn Caine.
(c) Barbara Barth.
(d) Mary Beth Crain.
7. Who won the last basketball game that Joan attended with John and friends in November 2003?
8. What was the name of John's brother Nick's wife?
9. How much snow fell on Joan's birthday in 2003?
(a) 9 inches.
(b) 7 inches.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 2 inches.
10. In Chapter 13, what was the name of the character in the excerpt Joan quoted from a novel she wrote in the mid-1990's?
11. What pattern of dishes did Joan find in a cupboard that John's mother had given him?
12. Which of Euripedes' plays did Joan feel that she must reread?
(c) The Bacchae.
(d) Trojan Women.
13. What was the risk of heart attack in patients who quit taking statins?
(a) 80 to 90 percent.
(b) 45 to 40 percent.
(c) 30 to 40 percent.
(d) 75 to 80 percent.
14. What anticoagulant was John taking?
15. When was Quintana allowed to fly back to New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Democratic convention begin?
2. What book did John place at the top of the pile of books near his reading chair?
3. How much money did John and Joan put down as a deposit on the house in Brentwood Park?
4. How old was Joan when Quintana was three years old?
5. When was the last time that John saved a computer file "AAA Random Thoughts"?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)