|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the last time that Joan covered a convention at Madison Square Garden?
2. When Joan awakened at 3:30 one morning, who was being interviewed on TV?
(a) The Spanish Prime Minister.
(b) AIDS orphans.
(c) Passengers from Northwest Flight 327.
(d) Afghanistani refugees.
3. From where did Joan order her ham for the holidays in 2004?
(a) Market Gourmet.
(d) Garden of Eden.
4. What was the name of John's brother Nick's wife?
5. How did Dominique die?
(a) She was strangled to death.
(b) She had a sudden illness.
(c) She died in a plane accident.
(d) She died in a car accident.
6. When was Quintana allowed to fly back to New York?
7. What did Joan watch from the windows at UCLA?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A picnic area.
(c) A construction site.
(d) A playground.
8. Where did Joan stay when she was covering the Democratic Convention?
(a) Harborside Inn.
(b) Parker House.
(c) Newbury Guest House.
(d) Park Plaza Hotel.
9. When did the Democratic convention begin?
(a) July 31, 2004.
(b) July 26, 2004.
(c) August 12, 2004.
(d) August 4, 2004.
10. How was the man to the right of Quintana's bed at UCLA injured?
(a) A construction accident.
(b) An automobile accident.
(c) Falling off a ladder.
(d) Falling down the stairs.
11. When did Quintana get a tracheotomy at UCLA?
(a) April 12.
(b) April 1.
(c) March 31.
(d) March 27.
12. Who said that self-pity is "our worst enemy"?
(a) D. H. Lawrence.
(b) C. S. Lewis.
(c) Helen Keller.
(d) Philippe Aries.
13. What book did Julia Child have inscribed to give to John?
(a) The Way to Cook.
(b) Julia and Jacques Cooking at Home.
(c) Mastering the Art of French Cooking.
(d) From Julia Child's Kitchen.
14. Which of Joan's novels had a passage about dreams?
(a) Where I Was From.
(b) The Last Thing He Wanted.
(c) After Henry.
(d) Run, River.
15. How many letters did Joan have from John?
(a) A dozen letters.
(b) No letters.
(c) Hundreds of letters.
(d) 30 to 40 letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joan woke up at 3:30 one morning, what channel was the television set to?
2. What time was John pronounced dead?
3. Which of Euripedes' plays did Joan feel that she must reread?
4. Prior to working at "The New Yorker," where did John's editor work?
5. What was the date of Joan's birthday?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)