|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time did the Emergency Medical Services receive the call to come to John's and Joan's apartment?
(a) 9:15 p.m.
(b) 9:30 p.m.
(c) 8:50 p.m.
(d) 10:05 p.m.
2. Who wrote, "Time is the school in which we learn"?
(a) Delmore Schwartz.
(b) Wallace Stevens.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) Robert Frost.
3. What months did Quintana spend at the Rusk Institute?
(a) June, July, August.
(b) August and September.
(c) July and August.
(d) May, June, July.
4. How many letters did Joan have from John?
(a) Hundreds of letters.
(b) No letters.
(c) A dozen letters.
(d) 30 to 40 letters.
5. In a dream, what did Joan dream that she was hanging in a closet?
(a) A dress.
(c) Braided belt.
(d) A suit coat.
6. By what plant in the box garden did John or Joan place Quintana in her bassinet when they first brought her home?
7. How old was Nick's daughter, Dominique, when she was in John and Joan's wedding?
(a) 3 years old.
(b) 5 years old.
(c) 4 years old.
(d) 6 years old.
8. Where was the 2004 Republican convention held?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
9. Which Protestant denomination did Joan say used these words in a litany, "as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end"?
10. When Joan wrote her first piece after John died, when was the last time that he didn't read one of her drafts?
11. What book did Julia Child have inscribed to give to John?
(a) The Way to Cook.
(b) Mastering the Art of French Cooking.
(c) From Julia Child's Kitchen.
(d) Julia and Jacques Cooking at Home.
12. Where did Joe Black grow up?
13. What was the risk of heart attack in patients who quit taking statins?
(a) 30 to 40 percent.
(b) 80 to 90 percent.
(c) 45 to 40 percent.
(d) 75 to 80 percent.
14. How long did it take the ambulance to get to John's and Joan's apartment after the emergency call was received?
(a) 5 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 11 minutes.
(d) 8 mintues.
15. Who was John's editor at "The New Yorker"?
(a) Martha Wyatt.
(b) Sharon DeLano.
(c) Andrea Framingham.
(d) Rebecca Delinsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pattern of dishes did Joan find in a cupboard that John's mother had given him?
2. What year was it when John and Joan were at a red light and saw the driver suddenly slump over his steering wheel?
3. When was the last time that John saved a computer file "AAA Random Thoughts"?
4. On what street was the Rusk Institute located?
5. When did Nick's daughter Dominique die?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)