|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time did the Emergency Medical Services receive the call to come to John's and Joan's apartment?
(a) 9:30 p.m.
(b) 9:15 p.m.
(c) 10:05 p.m.
(d) 8:50 p.m.
2. How old was Nick's daughter, Dominique, when she was in John and Joan's wedding?
(a) 5 years old.
(b) 6 years old.
(c) 3 years old.
(d) 4 years old.
3. In Chapter 13, what was the name of the character in the excerpt Joan quoted from a novel she wrote in the mid-1990's?
4. Which of Joan's novels had a passage about dreams?
(a) Run, River.
(b) Where I Was From.
(c) The Last Thing He Wanted.
(d) After Henry.
5. How much snow fell on Joan's birthday in 2003?
(a) 2 inches.
(b) 9 inches.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 7 inches.
6. When did a study done by University of Californ San Diego and Tufts show that there was a 4.65 percent increase in cardiac death?
(a) Between Christmas and New Year's.
(b) During anniversaries.
(c) Around birthdays.
(d) After the death of a family member.
7. What type of a tree did Joan drape colored Christmas lights on in Chapter 20?
8. When Joan wrote her first piece after John died, when was the last time that he didn't read one of her drafts?
9. In what state did the plane that was transporting Quintana land to refuel?
10. What would John and Joan pass as they drove and began to argue when they lived at Portuguese Bend?
(a) The library.
(b) A large mansion.
(c) A car dealer.
(d) The refineries.
11. How many beds were in the acute rehab unit at UCLA Neuropsychiatric?
(a) 15 beds.
(b) 24 beds.
(c) 11 beds.
(d) 18 beds.
12. How old was Joan when she despised the book "Leftover Life to Kill"?
(a) 22 years old.
(b) 29 years old.
(c) 35 years old.
(d) 31 years old.
13. When did Joan request a copy of John's autopsy?
(a) January 4.
(b) January 14.
(c) February 9.
(d) February 15.
14. What type of fish were in the pond at Rusk Institute?
(c) Mosquito fish.
15. According to Quintana, what sandwich did she and Joan share when the plane that was transporting them to New York stopped to refuel?
(a) A Fish Filet.
(b) A Big Mac.
(c) A Quarter Pounder.
(d) A McChicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joan find meaning in life?
2. When Joan awakened at 3:30 one morning, who was being interviewed on TV?
3. What was the name of John's brother Nick's wife?
4. What pattern of dishes did Joan find in a cupboard that John's mother had given him?
5. What was the risk of heart attack in patients who quit taking statins?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)