|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what was the name of the character in the excerpt Joan quoted from a novel she wrote in the mid-1990's?
2. Where did John and Joan meet Joe and Gertrude Black?
(a) In the Netherlands.
(b) In Indonesia.
(c) In Russia.
(d) In France.
3. When did a study done by University of Californ San Diego and Tufts show that there was a 4.65 percent increase in cardiac death?
(a) Around birthdays.
(b) After the death of a family member.
(c) During anniversaries.
(d) Between Christmas and New Year's.
4. What time was John pronounced dead?
(a) 10: 53 p.m.
(b) 10:18 p.m.
(c) 9:47 p.m.
(d) 11:13 p.m.
5. How much snow fell on Joan's birthday in 2003?
(a) 7 inches.
(b) 9 inches.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 2 inches.
6. After John died, where did Joan eat dinner?
(a) On a tray in her bedroom.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On the balcony.
(d) In the living room.
7. What medication was given to John at the apartment three times while paramedics worked on him?
8. Who wrote, "Time is the school in which we learn"?
(a) Wallace Stevens.
(b) Robert Frost.
(c) Ezra Pound.
(d) Delmore Schwartz.
9. When was the last time that John saved a computer file "AAA Random Thoughts"?
(a) 1:08 p.m. December 30, 2003.
(b) 3:03 p.m. December 30, 2003.
(c) 10:03 a.m. December 29, 2003.
(d) 8 p.m. December 29, 2003.
10. When did Joan receive John's autopsy?
(a) March 2004.
(b) December 2004.
(c) September 2004.
(d) June 2004.
11. In what state did the plane that was transporting Quintana land to refuel?
12. Who asked Joan if she wanted to cover the Democratic and Republic summer conventions?
(a) Bryant Davidson.
(b) Louis Griffin.
(c) Robert Silvers.
(d) David Brown.
13. What percent was the stenosis of John's left main and left anterior descending arteries?
(a) 45 percent.
(b) 75 percent.
(c) 85 percent.
(d) 95 percent.
14. How old was Joan when Quintana was three years old?
(a) 31 years old.
(b) 32 years old.
(c) 34 years old.
(d) 29 years old.
15. Who was John's editor at "The New Yorker"?
(a) Sharon DeLano.
(b) Martha Wyatt.
(c) Andrea Framingham.
(d) Rebecca Delinsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the man to the right of Quintana's bed at UCLA injured?
2. Where was the 2004 Democratic convention held?
3. Where was the 2004 Republican convention held?
4. Where did Joan stay when she was covering the Democratic Convention?
5. When Joan awakened at 3:30 one morning, who was being interviewed on TV?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)