|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dominique die?
(a) She died in a car accident.
(b) She died in a plane accident.
(c) She was strangled to death.
(d) She had a sudden illness.
2. Who was John's editor at "The New Yorker"?
(a) Rebecca Delinsky.
(b) Martha Wyatt.
(c) Sharon DeLano.
(d) Andrea Framingham.
3. When did Nick's daughter Dominique die?
4. When did Joan request a copy of John's autopsy?
(a) January 4.
(b) January 14.
(c) February 9.
(d) February 15.
5. On what peninsula was John and Joan's first house of their married life?
(b) Point Reyes.
(d) Palos Verdes.
6. When did the Democratic convention begin?
(a) July 31, 2004.
(b) July 26, 2004.
(c) August 12, 2004.
(d) August 4, 2004.
7. What medication was given to John at the apartment three times while paramedics worked on him?
8. Where was the 2004 Republican convention held?
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
9. In Chapter 13, what was the name of the character in the excerpt Joan quoted from a novel she wrote in the mid-1990's?
10. Where did John graduate from college?
11. When was the last time that Joan covered a convention at Madison Square Garden?
12. What book did Julia Child have inscribed to give to John?
(a) Julia and Jacques Cooking at Home.
(b) Mastering the Art of French Cooking.
(c) The Way to Cook.
(d) From Julia Child's Kitchen.
13. According to Quintana, what sandwich did she and Joan share when the plane that was transporting them to New York stopped to refuel?
(a) A McChicken.
(b) A Quarter Pounder.
(c) A Big Mac.
(d) A Fish Filet.
14. Which of Joan's novels had a passage about dreams?
(a) After Henry.
(b) Where I Was From.
(c) The Last Thing He Wanted.
(d) Run, River.
15. What restaurant would John and Joan go to for breakfast after a dentist appointment?
(a) Greenhouse 36.
(b) 3 Guys.
(c) The Bagel Hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Joan when she despised the book "Leftover Life to Kill"?
2. Where was the male patient from who lay to the left of Quintana's bed at UCLA?
3. In another dream, what airport did Joan dream about?
4. Which Protestant denomination did Joan say used these words in a litany, "as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end"?
5. When Joan woke up at 3:30 one morning, what channel was the television set to?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)