|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of flowers did Joan pin in her hair while trying for a "bride" effect?
2. What pattern of dishes did Joan find in a cupboard that John's mother had given him?
3. What time did the Emergency Medical Services receive the call to come to John's and Joan's apartment?
(a) 8:50 p.m.
(b) 9:30 p.m.
(c) 10:05 p.m.
(d) 9:15 p.m.
4. From where did Joan order her ham for the holidays in 2004?
(a) Garden of Eden.
(d) Market Gourmet.
5. Which of Joan's novels had a passage about dreams?
(a) Run, River.
(b) Where I Was From.
(c) After Henry.
(d) The Last Thing He Wanted.
6. What medication was given to John at the apartment three times while paramedics worked on him?
7. What anticoagulant was John taking?
8. Who asked Joan if she wanted to cover the Democratic and Republic summer conventions?
(a) Robert Silvers.
(b) David Brown.
(c) Bryant Davidson.
(d) Louis Griffin.
9. What type of a dog did Joan and John have in 1987?
(a) Golden Retriever.
10. Prior to working at "The New Yorker," where did John's editor work?
(a) Harcourt, Brace & Co.
(b) Random House.
(c) University of Chicago Press.
(d) Oxford University Press.
11. Who was John's editor at "The New Yorker"?
(a) Martha Wyatt.
(b) Andrea Framingham.
(c) Rebecca Delinsky.
(d) Sharon DeLano.
12. Who wrote, "Time is the school in which we learn"?
(a) Ezra Pound.
(b) Wallace Stevens.
(c) Delmore Schwartz.
(d) Robert Frost.
13. Where was the 2004 Democratic convention held?
(b) Los Angeles.
14. Where did John and Joan meet Joe and Gertrude Black?
(a) In Russia.
(b) In France.
(c) In Indonesia.
(d) In the Netherlands.
15. What color were the curtains that separated the patient's beds at UCLA?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did John graduate from college?
2. In a dream, what did Joan dream that she was hanging in a closet?
3. How many letters did Joan have from John?
4. How long did it take the ambulance to get to John's and Joan's apartment after the emergency call was received?
5. When did Joan receive John's autopsy?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)