|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what was the name of the character in the excerpt Joan quoted from a novel she wrote in the mid-1990's?
2. What type of fish were in the pond at Rusk Institute?
(a) Mosquito fish.
3. What might Quintana and Gerry do during the weekend while Quintana was at Rusk?
(a) Go for a walk in a nearby park.
(b) Go to lunch and a movie.
(c) Play card games in her room.
(d) Walk around the hospital.
4. What type of a dog did Joan and John have in 1987?
(a) Golden Retriever.
5. Where was the 2004 Republican convention held?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
6. What time was John pronounced dead?
(a) 11:13 p.m.
(b) 10: 53 p.m.
(c) 10:18 p.m.
(d) 9:47 p.m.
7. In a dream, what did Joan dream that she was hanging in a closet?
(b) A suit coat.
(c) A dress.
(d) Braided belt.
8. What church was across the street from Joan's and John's apartment?
(a) St. Andrew's Church.
(b) St. Thomas Church.
(c) St. James Church.
(d) St. Peter's Church.
9. What restaurant would John and Joan go to for breakfast after a dentist appointment?
(a) 3 Guys.
(b) Greenhouse 36.
(d) The Bagel Hole.
10. What was the date of Joan's birthday?
(a) December 21.
(b) December 5.
(c) December 14.
(d) December 1.
11. Where was the 2004 Democratic convention held?
(b) Los Angeles.
12. What percent was the stenosis of John's left main and left anterior descending arteries?
(a) 45 percent.
(b) 95 percent.
(c) 85 percent.
(d) 75 percent.
13. What book did Julia Child have inscribed to give to John?
(a) Mastering the Art of French Cooking.
(b) Julia and Jacques Cooking at Home.
(c) From Julia Child's Kitchen.
(d) The Way to Cook.
14. What pattern of dishes did Joan find in a cupboard that John's mother had given him?
15. Where did Joan find meaning in life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Protestant denomination did Joan say used these words in a litany, "as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end"?
2. When Joan awakened at 3:30 one morning, who was being interviewed on TV?
3. How did Dominique die?
4. What color were the curtains that separated the patient's beds at UCLA?
5. In what state did the plane that was transporting Quintana land to refuel?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)