|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dominique die?
(a) She had a sudden illness.
(b) She died in a plane accident.
(c) She was strangled to death.
(d) She died in a car accident.
2. What percent was the stenosis of John's left main and left anterior descending arteries?
(a) 85 percent.
(b) 75 percent.
(c) 45 percent.
(d) 95 percent.
3. What book did John place at the top of the pile of books near his reading chair?
(a) Troublesome Young Men.
(b) Five Days in London: May 1940.
(c) Churchill, Hitler, and the Unnecessary War.
(d) Best Little Stories of Winston Churchill.
4. Who won the last basketball game that Joan attended with John and friends in November 2003?
5. What book did Julia Child have inscribed to give to John?
(a) Julia and Jacques Cooking at Home.
(b) The Way to Cook.
(c) Mastering the Art of French Cooking.
(d) From Julia Child's Kitchen.
6. What type of a dog did Joan and John have in 1987?
(d) Golden Retriever.
7. How long did it take the ambulance to get to John's and Joan's apartment after the emergency call was received?
(a) 11 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 8 mintues.
8. What restaurant would John and Joan go to for breakfast after a dentist appointment?
(a) 3 Guys.
(c) Greenhouse 36.
(d) The Bagel Hole.
9. Who wrote a book about her husband's death that Joan despised?
(a) Caitlin Thomas.
(b) Lynn Caine.
(c) Barbara Barth.
(d) Mary Beth Crain.
10. Which of Joan's novels had a passage about dreams?
(a) Run, River.
(b) The Last Thing He Wanted.
(c) After Henry.
(d) Where I Was From.
11. How was the man to the right of Quintana's bed at UCLA injured?
(a) Falling off a ladder.
(b) Falling down the stairs.
(c) An automobile accident.
(d) A construction accident.
12. What did Joan watch from the windows at UCLA?
(a) A playground.
(b) A picnic area.
(c) A swimming pool.
(d) A construction site.
13. Where did John and Joan meet Joe and Gertrude Black?
(a) In the Netherlands.
(b) In Russia.
(c) In France.
(d) In Indonesia.
14. When was the last time that John saved a computer file "AAA Random Thoughts"?
(a) 3:03 p.m. December 30, 2003.
(b) 10:03 a.m. December 29, 2003.
(c) 8 p.m. December 29, 2003.
(d) 1:08 p.m. December 30, 2003.
15. In Chapter 13, what was the name of the character in the excerpt Joan quoted from a novel she wrote in the mid-1990's?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Joan find meaning in life?
2. When the air ambulance that was to transport Quintana had mechanical difficulties, where did it land?
3. Who spoke at the senior banquet when John graduated from college?
4. When did Joan request a copy of John's autopsy?
5. When Joan awakened at 3:30 one morning, who was being interviewed on TV?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)