|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a dream, what did Joan dream that she was hanging in a closet?
(a) A suit coat.
(b) Braided belt.
(d) A dress.
2. In what state did the plane that was transporting Quintana land to refuel?
3. What landslide seemed to bury the house that Joan and Joan lived when they first married?
(a) Portuguese Bend landslide.
(b) Las Lomas landslide.
(c) San Leandra landslide.
(d) Blucher Valley landslide.
4. Where did Joan stay when she was covering the Democratic Convention?
(a) Parker House.
(b) Harborside Inn.
(c) Park Plaza Hotel.
(d) Newbury Guest House.
5. Which of Joan's novels had a passage about dreams?
(a) After Henry.
(b) Run, River.
(c) The Last Thing He Wanted.
(d) Where I Was From.
6. What type of fish were in the pond at Rusk Institute?
(c) Mosquito fish.
7. Prior to working at "The New Yorker," where did John's editor work?
(a) Oxford University Press.
(b) Harcourt, Brace & Co.
(c) Random House.
(d) University of Chicago Press.
8. During the years that John and Joan were married, how much time did they not spend working at home?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 4 months.
9. What was the name of John's brother Nick's wife?
10. How much snow fell on Joan's birthday in 2003?
(a) 7 inches.
(b) 2 inches.
(c) 5 inches.
(d) 9 inches.
11. Where did John and Joan meet Joe and Gertrude Black?
(a) In the Netherlands.
(b) In Russia.
(c) In France.
(d) In Indonesia.
12. What was the risk of heart attack in patients who quit taking statins?
(a) 30 to 40 percent.
(b) 45 to 40 percent.
(c) 75 to 80 percent.
(d) 80 to 90 percent.
13. When did Nick's daughter Dominique die?
14. When did the Democratic convention begin?
(a) August 12, 2004.
(b) July 31, 2004.
(c) August 4, 2004.
(d) July 26, 2004.
15. On what peninsula was John and Joan's first house of their married life?
(a) Palos Verdes.
(b) Point Reyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was it when John and Joan were at a red light and saw the driver suddenly slump over his steering wheel?
2. How many children did Joe and Gertrude Black have?
3. How long did it take the ambulance to get to John's and Joan's apartment after the emergency call was received?
4. Where did John graduate from college?
5. When was the last time that Joan covered a convention at Madison Square Garden?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)