|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state did the plane that was transporting Quintana land to refuel?
2. How old was Nick's daughter, Dominique, when she was in John and Joan's wedding?
(a) 4 years old.
(b) 5 years old.
(c) 3 years old.
(d) 6 years old.
3. When Joan wrote her first piece after John died, when was the last time that he didn't read one of her drafts?
4. How many beds were in the acute rehab unit at UCLA Neuropsychiatric?
(a) 11 beds.
(b) 18 beds.
(c) 24 beds.
(d) 15 beds.
5. What medication was given to John at the apartment three times while paramedics worked on him?
6. Which of Euripedes' plays did Joan feel that she must reread?
(a) The Bacchae.
(b) Trojan Women.
7. How old was Joan when she despised the book "Leftover Life to Kill"?
(a) 22 years old.
(b) 31 years old.
(c) 29 years old.
(d) 35 years old.
8. In Chapter 13, what was the name of the character in the excerpt Joan quoted from a novel she wrote in the mid-1990's?
9. Which Protestant denomination did Joan say used these words in a litany, "as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end"?
10. What was the date of Joan's birthday?
(a) December 1.
(b) December 21.
(c) December 14.
(d) December 5.
11. What landslide seemed to bury the house that Joan and Joan lived when they first married?
(a) Las Lomas landslide.
(b) Blucher Valley landslide.
(c) San Leandra landslide.
(d) Portuguese Bend landslide.
12. Where did John graduate from college?
13. How many letters did Joan have from John?
(a) Hundreds of letters.
(b) No letters.
(c) 30 to 40 letters.
(d) A dozen letters.
14. What was the name of John's brother Nick's wife?
15. What time did the Emergency Medical Services receive the call to come to John's and Joan's apartment?
(a) 8:50 p.m.
(b) 9:15 p.m.
(c) 10:05 p.m.
(d) 9:30 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote a book about her husband's death that Joan despised?
2. How was the man to the right of Quintana's bed at UCLA injured?
3. How many cases of sudden death from cardiac arrest typically occurred at home?
4. When was Quintana allowed to fly back to New York?
5. After John died, where did Joan eat dinner?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)